Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charlie35

How many people have priority points

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Wouldn't make any difference, been said multiple times, you physically can't catch up because you can only buy 10 or so tickets maximum a season.

And not every young fan has the luxury of a parent who's into football.

Think the point is, there’s away games opportunities to all season ticket holders.

Might not be for the big games but still plenty across the season. 

These type of threads only seem to appear when there’s a big game coming up. 

On 05/01/2024 at 12:49, Leicester_Loyal said:

How is a young fan meant to build up points to get into the higher brackets if they can’t catch the higher brackets up?

We’re gonna have a generation of young fans who have never been Forest or Cov away. 

as a young fan been forest twice and cov this week but i couldn’t get tickets off my account because they never drop but some member who’s watched about 3 games this season actually has a chance to get tickets

the fanbase will complain about them being in Yeovil on a Tuesday if people lose priority points so change is out the equation 🥴

10 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

You get 50 away points every time you renew ST. At present new ST holders are 10 years behind 🙈

You surely wouldn’t expect a new season ticket holder be given the same priority as someone who’s been going for 10 years +

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxoffice said:

You surely wouldn’t expect a new season ticket holder be given the same priority as someone who’s been going for 10 years +

I understand to an extent. But let’s have a discussion… Why not? I don’t get priority tickets for concerts because I’ve been a fan of the band for 10+ years, so why do we have so many brackets of on sales? Fastest fingers first to anyone with a ST. Given the hoops we have to go to just to get a bloody ST these days. Just interested in your views.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lcfcjosh said:

as a young fan been forest twice and cov this week but i couldn’t get tickets off my account because they never drop but some member who’s watched about 3 games this season actually has a chance to get tickets

the fanbase will complain about them being in Yeovil on a Tuesday if people lose priority points so change is out the equation 🥴

First whining because it's a closed shop and no one new can get tickets. Then whining because new members can get tickets. 

14 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I understand to an extent. But let’s have a discussion… Why not? I don’t get priority tickets for concerts because I’ve been a fan of the band for 10+ years, so why do we have so many brackets of on sales? Fastest fingers first to anyone with a ST. Given the hoops we have to go to just to get a bloody ST these days. Just interested in your views.

I actually think the current system is fair. I bought my season ticket when there wasn’t any hoops to jump through and now get rewarded with priority. Someone getting a season ticket now and managing to get an away ticket because they have a faster finger would annoy me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

I actually think the current system is fair. I bought my season ticket when there wasn’t any hoops to jump through and now get rewarded with priority. Someone getting a season ticket now and managing to get an away ticket because they have a faster finger would annoy me. 

But that’s the same with every other type of ticketed event innit. You’re happy because this regime serves you, and others aren’t because they don’t. Not saying for one minute it should go on general sale, but keeping a small % for newer holders would be nice. There’s no incentive for newer ST holders, yet members get a ballot. 

As I say, I get it to an extent, but it’s all just a form of gatekeeping really. 

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

But that’s the same with every other type of ticketed event innit. You’re happy because this regime serves you, and others aren’t because they don’t. Not saying for one minute it should go on general sale, but keeping a small % for newer holders would be nice. There’s no incentive for newer ST holders, yet members get a ballot. 

As I say, I get it to an extent, but it’s all just a form of gatekeeping really. 

It is different to other ticketed events, I think you know it is. A band you’d probably see a couple of times a year. This is weekly for years. Loyalty needs to be rewarded. I totally understand the newer holders and younger generations struggle but there’s fans who have been doing this forever, not just the last few years. Allowing newer holders into the ballot would be a very good idea

10 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

It is different to other ticketed events, I think you know it is. A band you’d probably see a couple of times a year. This is weekly for years. Loyalty needs to be rewarded. I totally understand the newer holders and younger generations struggle but there’s fans who have been doing this forever, not just the last few years. Allowing newer holders into the ballot would be a very good idea

Agree with you on all points, on the ballot members are given a small allocation so why not open that allocation to season tickets holders also.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

I totally agree with your point that loyalty needs rewarding, and I take my hat off to supporters who go to every away game.

On the flip side, it can't be such a closed shop. Just because all of the Uncle Albert's have been going for years, doesn't mean they get guaranteed priority for the rest of their lives.

A rich get richer scheme & I doubt it'll chance.

I'd love to go to Cov away, but it's not life's biggest misery missing out is it.

Edited by adejo92

34 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

Completely agree and if you still go to games that would be rewarded with your priority and if it was a rolling system. No way should you still be rewarded for games 10 years ago over people who didn’t have the chance to, mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I totally agree with your point that loyalty needs rewarding, and I take my hat off to supporters who go to every away game.

On the flip side, it can't be such a closed shop. Just because all of the Uncle Albert's have been going for years, doesn't mean they get guaranteed priority for the rest of their lives.

Essentially it's a 1 in 1 out VIP club that opens up once a member dies.

A rich get richer scheme.

This is essentially how I see it.

Just to explain, I’m late thirties and been a foxes fan since I was a young lad. Until recent years, working weekends meant I couldn’t physically get to the stadium very often (my fault obviously, but work is work). Career change has meant I’ve been able to go regularly now and bring my son along too, so he can experience what I never got when I was a kid (single parent family without much money when I was younger). It doesn’t mean that I’m any less of a fan, it’s just circumstantial. If anything, Uncle Albert is being greedy 😂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

A rich get richer scheme & I doubt it'll chance.

I'd love to go to Cov away, but it's not life's biggest misery missing out is it.

But if all the uncle Albert’s are still going every week who’s to say they not allowed to go anymore?

10 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

But if all the uncle Albert’s are still going every week who’s to say they not allowed to go anymore?

As one of the aforementioned 'Uncle Alberts' I have some good news for the impatient younger supporters.

We'll all have popped our clogs before too long therefore creating more tickets for the younger fans, who ironically, will be nearer to becoming an 'Uncle Albert' themselves by the time they catch up with points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue717 said:

It's not though. People only recently getting ST's will never catch up to the next level using the current system. People are being rewarded for having a ST since we were promoted to the PL in 2014 (myself included). People going to away games regularly should be rewarded.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Foxoffice said:

What about fans who watched the darker days in the early/mid 00's? Why shouldn't they be rewarded? Currently 2014 is the start of being a loyal Leicester City fan. Doesn't seem quite right or fair? There should be some reward for loyalty I agree with that, but it needs to be proportionate. Just because you hold a ST for 10 years doesn't mean you should forever hold priority on away games over someone who has only had a ST for 5 years.

I do feel for anyone who hasn't had a ST for 10 years because they are always in a mad scramble for games in the All STH bracket. Fans should be rewarded for putting in the hard yards.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's not though. People only recently getting ST's will never catch up to the next level using the current system. People are being rewarded for having a ST since we were promoted to the PL in 2014 (myself included). People going to away games regularly should be rewarded.

For me personally, I’d pay a fee of like £50 a year to join an away priority scheme (not the closed door one that already exists)

23 minutes ago, Foxoffice said:

Wonder if we’ll be having the same dialog for when we have Sunderland midweek approaching 🤔 as someone said earlier these topics only start when we have an easy to get to local derby.

To be fair, this discussion is ongoing no matter which games are coming up. Of course, when the quick seller games appear it amplifies the conversation.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

For me personally, I’d pay a fee of like £50 a year to join an away priority scheme (not the closed door one that already exists)

So gatekeeping away games to those who can afford an extra 50

sheets a year on top of the already ludicrous cost of away matches

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Its early days but UFS are talking about running another fans forum night. This is the sort of topic where hearing thoughts and sharing ideas would great. 

Just anything at all would be a help. It’s a tough one because a lot of people at the top of the chain love the system because it takes care of them. A balance would be nice. Even just 100 tickets reserved for All ST holders on a first come first served basis for any point bracket.

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

What about fans who watched the darker days in the early/mid 00's? Why shouldn't they be rewarded? Currently 2014 is the start of being a loyal Leicester City fan. Doesn't seem quite right or fair? There should be some reward for loyalty I agree with that, but it needs to be proportionate. Just because you hold a ST for 10 years doesn't mean you should forever hold priority on away games over someone who has only had a ST for 5 years.

I do feel for anyone who hasn't had a ST for 10 years because they are always in a mad scramble for games in the All STH bracket. Fans should be rewarded for putting in the hard yards.

What was the away day ticketing system like before the current point system was bought in? Free for all?

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Its early days but UFS are talking about running another fans forum night. This is the sort of topic where hearing thoughts and sharing ideas would great. 

Been said 100000 times, rolling priority system, 5 years would be ok IMO, a lot fairer than 10.

• Like 4