Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charlie35

How many people have priority points

47 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Said it before, reduce the value of going to home games i.e. the 50pts OR make an away game 3 or 4pts so that away's are worth more than home, and you are rewarded for going away so you are prioritised for future aways, AND we don't need history to start when we had our 1st season in the Prem under Nigel!!!

Or as we can all see, we'll have no supporters youth policy!!!

@Sir Steve Howard mentioned Chelsea so I had a look. They give out different point values depending on the game.

So I took this as a good idea for us, for example 2 points for Middlesbrough this weekend but 1 point for WBA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

@Sir Steve Howard mentioned Chelsea so I had a look. They give out different point values depending on the game.

So I took this as a good idea for us, for example 2 points for Middlesbrough this weekend but 1 point for WBA.

Take it that goes on location and miles from club and not supporter? 

Always thought the England cap system has worked well. 

• Like 1

Season tickets are essentially a closed shop so members that go to away games can never catch up with STHs who don't bother.

It's another shambolic arm of the club in which they have no desire to change things. This is why I don't get the Whelan praise, this is the sort of the thing they've had years to sort out and they're perennially 'looking into it' - it's a simple fix. Just remove the 50 points.

How many business actively prevent more custom? Whether it's the membership scam, lack of general sale, minimal away allocation requests, paperless ticketing, etc

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Season tickets are essentially a closed shop so members that go to away games can never catch up with STHs who don't bother.

It's another shambolic arm of the club in which they have no desire to change things. This is why I don't get the Whelan praise, this is the sort of the thing they've had years to sort out and they're perennially 'looking into it' - it's a simple fix. Just remove the 50 points.

How many business actively prevent more custom? Whether it's the membership scam, lack of general sale, minimal away allocation requests, paperless ticketing, etc

For a set of owners with their experience in retail, they have done nothing to improve ticketing and the club shop etc 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Take it that goes on location and miles from club and not supporter? 

Always thought the England cap system has worked well. 

It seemed to go on the size of the game, and it said that they only give 1 point per bigger game which they defined as the likes of Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool/both Manchester clubs.

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

For a set of owners with their experience in retail, they have done nothing to improve ticketing and the club shop etc 

What, you’re saying having a captive audience, duty-free concession monopoly granted by the king might not lead to the sharpest business acumen? :ph34r:

Edited by Stadt
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You say this every time, and I repeat everytime, your son got lucky that you got him an ST in that season, had it been 2 seasons later, he'd be not priority 1.

Also, this scenario means that an adult will have to take you and gain you proirity, no chance of a young 15 year old lad to sign up one day with his mates, as he won't be anywhere near top priority.

The high priority gets further and further away every year for those with less than 500 points, I think about 3/4 games have made it to all STHs so far?

I wasn’t saying that the system now is ideal, certainly with the length of time points are currently being carried over for. The example you give is a valid one and not one of the lazy and untrue excuses that are often given.
Are you though saying that there should be no priority system at all?
If you had built up any kind of loyalty/bonuses over time in any buying  experience or offer, would you then be happy if the retailer said

‘I know you’ve spent £1000s building up your loyalty/bonuses to us over the years, but we’re scrapping what you’ve earned to date and sharing them out with people who want to start shopping with us today, as demand now outstrips supply and we want everyone to be equal.’ ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I wasn’t saying that the system now is ideal, certainly with the length of time points are currently being carried over for. The example you give is a valid one and not one of the lazy and untrue excuses that are often given.
If you had built up any kind of loyalty/bonuses over time in any buying  experience or offer, would you then be happy if the retailer said

‘I know you’ve spent £1000s building up your loyalty/bonuses to us over the years, but we’re scrapping what you’ve earned to date and sharing them out with people who want to start shopping with us today, as demand now outstrips supply and we want everyone to be equal.’ ?

Nah should deffo be a system, rolling over a number of years I think, 5? And STs should be worth 20 points IMO.

Would still create problems, but there'd be far less than there is now.

The money spent 10 years ago should be deemed pretty much irrelevant now, otherwise it'll be 2050 and we'll still be saying yeah but I had a ticket in 2014, you only got one in 2020 so I'm more loyal and deserve first dibs on the tickets.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Every season I push into or close to P1. Tend to start P2 then work my way into P1. However, I disagree with the current system as well. Loyalty is not being rewarded at all.

Let's use your monetary example. If I had a ST for the 10 years or whatever it is, say at £400 a season, I have spent £4,000. If someone else has a ST for 8 years and has gone to 10 away games a season (again let's assume £400 a ST and £30 per away), that person has spent £5,600 in the same period. Yet the former still gets more loyalty benefits and will likely get an away ticket over the latter.

People should not be rewarded for holding a ST over x years. By all means award some form of loyalty but make it reasonable. 2 points for every season a person has held a season ticket, 1 point for every away game (just an example). In the above example we would have Person 1 on 20 points, Person 2 on 96 points. Seems more than fair to me.

Imagine your son being 5-10 years later, he would be going to barely any away games.

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Nah should deffo be a system, rolling over a number of years I think, 5? And STs should be worth 20 points IMO.

Would still create problems, but there'd be far less than there is now.

The money spent 10 years ago should be deemed pretty much irrelevant now, otherwise it'll be 2050 and we'll still be saying yeah but I had a ticket in 2014, you only got one in 2020 so I'm more loyal and deserve first dibs on the tickets.

I think we pretty much agree then after all. 😁

• Like 2

Go back to the 90s.

Every time you buy a ticket your card gets stamped. Next game the priority goes to those with a stamp from the last game, so on and so forth. You can pretty much start it fresh every season. The first away game the following season goes to those with 10+ stamps from the previous season.

Obviously these days it'd be loaded onto the card but it'd eliminate the 5 or 6 years of priority points nonsense.Taking the risk of first come first served in a queue must be better than the same 500 people getting first dibs for years.

4 hours ago, iancognito said:

Go back to the 90s.

Every time you buy a ticket your card gets stamped. Next game the priority goes to those with a stamp from the last game, so on and so forth. You can pretty much start it fresh every season. The first away game the following season goes to those with 10+ stamps from the previous season.

Obviously these days it'd be loaded onto the card but it'd eliminate the 5 or 6 years of priority points nonsense.Taking the risk of first come first served in a queue must be better than the same 500 people getting first dibs for years.

Reminds me of the mid 2000s when a job lot of us went to the ticket office with the same away ticket stubs one day after the other to all get into P1

• Haha 3

The closed shop STH 50 points per year and then upping the priority points really keeps it untouchable and kills it.  I live in Hampshire so renewing a ST each year in the hope down the line I might actually be able to buy an away ticket seems very unfair and broken. I'd love to be able to go to more aways but have to settle for a couple of aways a season if I'm lucky.

I'm sure a new approach would be welcomed to benefit the large potion of the frozen-out fan base :please:

Edited by Lestaz
typo
  • Like 1

On 09/11/2023 at 16:24, Drew Peacock said:

If that's your logic, then I literally spent £1000s in the 21/22 season yet can't even get a ticket for Sheff Weds. Where's the reward for my loyalty (I don't believe I should necessarily get a reward for that btw)?

Edited by walkerleeds

On 08/11/2023 at 14:13, SemperEadem said:

Yeah mate its mentioned so many times from us. Just the same old ‘we are looking into it’ which is them just bashing it back into the long grass.

Few years ago we collated the ideas of alternative systems which we had asked the fanbase for ideas on. Club took it and we heard nowt back.

I remember you posting on here at the time to gather suggestions. Completely unsurprising we’re still in the exact same place now.

Best suggestion that’s stuck with me is everyone gets 1 point for a home game and 2 for an away. It means STHs still get a few years worth of 19 or 23 points a year guaranteed, and also means that members who do a lot of games stand a chance (including if and when they upgrade to an ST). Cap it at 5 years at the most.

STHs stay well ahead of the more casual fans who do 5 homes and 3 aways a year thinking that gives them priority over the long term STHs for more popular games, but it also stops everyone who hasn’t held one since Nugent and Wood were starting from getting somewhere worthwhile.

Its almost insulting to be awarded away points as a member lol

• Like 1

On 08/11/2023 at 14:13, Qwerty said:

I'm not sure what the solution is.  I've been a STH for 5 years I think, maybe 6, and only have enough points for the "all STH" category of away tickets.  Each year I get another 50 points but then the boundaries go up too, so I think I'll be stuck in the "all STH" category for ever.  Can't get to away games to raise the points because I can't get tickets!

Exactly! 

I'm also stuck in the 'All STH' brackets and can only add to my total when there is a large allocation or a midweek League Cup matches in some god-forsaken northern city or when games are on at inconvenient times and/or involve long distance travel or in Europe.

In regards to gaining away points, as the system stands, there is ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE to watch my club play away, as like you said, the boundaries go up each year and I’ll aways be stuck in the 'All STH' brackets.

I would have to attend every away game for over two years to earn those 50 points that are allocated at the start of each season – I would do so but I can’t attend every away game as I don’t have sufficient points!! Catch 22. :mad:

But I do attend every away game that gets to 'All STH' and will continue to do so. But not to gain a single points, but for the love of my club.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Spoke to the sales office and they reckon the points system is now being looked into by “senior management”. Believe that when I see it but it’s a start I guess. 

Lets hope but I have little belief that it is actually happening. Numerous people have been told that for years now.