Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charlie35

How many people have priority points

Like a lot, in the all season tickets bracket. Gone to loads of aways since I got the season tickets in the Puel days. Currently on 424pts. Every time I feel like I’m catching up to the next band, they move it by 50pts! Managed to get tickets for the majority of the prem aways, proving trickier this season. Done Blackburn, Swansea, Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday so far. Would’ve done Southampton and Norwich but for other commitments. Fair play to those who’ve been doing it for years, but how you are supposed to catch up I don’t know. Hoping for a big allocation for Coventry but even then I imagine they will go quickly. 

• Like 1

On 08/11/2023 at 14:08, Craig said:

I think Union FS have raised this on a number of occasions with them, but I may be wrong.

As for the traditional supporters clubs... it's probably them exact folk that the club are keeping it in place for. 

On 08/11/2023 at 15:02, Stadt said:

I work for the ticket office

You wouldn’t need points then as you never go away games yet end up with as many as u want for you and your besties.him in charge of ticket office will look after anyone he likes

1 hour ago, Lesterlad said:

You wouldn’t need points then as you never go away games yet end up with as many as u want for you and your besties.him in charge of ticket office will look after anyone he likes

I was joking Lesterlad

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, SamL said:

Plenty left for Cardiff (a). 

Aye that’ll get me one point already about 5 behind due to WBA, QPR, Huddersfield, Rotherham and soon to be Cov. 

The people in the all STH band have to do Cardiff, Ipswich, Norwich, Middlesborough, Sunderland away whilst those on 520 points do Cov, Stoke, WBA, Watford etc. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Aye that’ll get me one point already about 5 behind due to WBA, QPR, Huddersfield, Rotherham and soon to be Cov. 

The people in the all STH band have to do Cardiff, Ipswich, Norwich, Middlesborough, Sunderland away whilst those on 520 points do Cov, Stoke, WBA, Watford etc. 

Plenty, including myself, have done the hard yards over the years; trips to Newcastle, Southampton and Cardiff all falling midweek several times. I continue to do similar fixtures as somebody with a high priority; with tickets for both Ipswich and Cardiff in the bag.

I accept that the system isn’t perfect and I’m lucky in a sense that I began following the Club away when our average away attendance was much lower and tickets were easier to come by. That said, I’ve done 95% of away matches for as long as I can remember and the only time threads like these come about is for the high profile matches;  always excuses for the less attractive fixtures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Those who did and still do away games rightly deserve higher priority.

Those who have had a ST 10 years, but done less than 10 away games shouldn't be 150ish points ahead of someone who's done 6 years ST and 50 away games.

Agreed, although I’d love to see the numbers and breakdown by priority - how many have done 10 years and an average of 10 aways per season for example. We’re fortunate to have had a sustained period of success - do we simply now have 2,000 STH’s for example that have had their ST for a number of years and have done the vast majority of away games? We’ve taken numbers and sold out allocations for as long as I can remember; a reason as to why the atmosphere has now gone extremely stale (a debate for another thread!).

Even if the priority system were to change I feel there would still be the same problem. Many would still find an excuse for the less attractive games and there would still be an issue for the high profile ones. 

Edited by SamL

Personally feel the current system is fair. I'm sure there was a thread on here of how many have reached general sale in recent seasons(when it was a thing). 

IF, big IF it needs to move to something like England Supporters Travel Club. Allocation. 70% Go to a cut off 30% into a ballot. 

You get a certain number of days to buy the ticket(s), anything left goes to second chance sale. 

Edit: This is on a two year cycle and £55 renewal every time. The £55 would get taken off x2 seasons of season ticket price. 

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Those who did and still do away games rightly deserve higher priority.

Those who have had a ST 10 years, but done less than 10 away games shouldn't be 150ish points ahead of someone who's done 6 years ST and 50 away games.

This.

If I would have been 2 years later in getting a ST I would be at the bottom priority rather than top. The system needs to be fairer to those who haven't had a ST for 10 years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This.

If I would have been 2 years later in getting a ST I would be at the bottom priority rather than top. The system needs to be fairer to those who haven't had a ST for 10 years.

All you would need is to have the value of points lose value on a sliding scale over time. So if you had a 10 year limit, you could have the value of points earned in a given season lose a tenth of value each year. So the last season ticket would be worth 5 points and 10 away games that season would be worth 1 point. So you would still be getting something for longevity but it wouldn't be so disproportionate.

This is just an example. Length of time and percentages etc can be agreed....

Edited by FOXSE
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 14:17, SamL said:

Plenty left for Cardiff (a). 

Also plenty left for Millwall (a). 

The current priority system is only unfair if it suits your agenda in not being able to get tickets for the higher profile games, despite not putting the hard yards in for the vast majority of others. 

18 minutes ago, SamL said:

Also plenty left for Millwall (a). 

The current priority system is only unfair if it suits your agenda in not being able to get tickets for the higher profile games, despite not putting the hard yards in for the vast majority of others. 

I think the issue is that you could have put in plenty of hard yards over the last 7 years, but because you didn't have a season ticket for three counting years, you will not be able to get out of the all season ticket category. Its a valid complaint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I think the issue is that you could have put in plenty of hard yards over the last 7 years, but because you didn't have a season ticket for three counting years, you will not be able to get out of the all season ticket category. Its a valid complaint.

Agreed, the system isn’t perfect but where do you draw the line? There’s always somebody that has held a season ticket longer or has done more away games. The system was much simpler 15 years ago when it was based on the number of away matches you attended during each season as a Season Ticket Holder. 

There’s also a valid point that we generally have a core of Season Ticket Holders that do the vast majority of away games and have done so for a number of years. Even if you take away the 50 points for a Season Ticket and based it purely on away matches then they would still be ahead in the system - you can’t please everybody.

A suggestion would be made to reduce the longevity of valid priority points - that way you would potentially get a drop off of people doing away matches no matter how small; although you’d potentially still end up with the same issue. No system is perfect. 

The suggestion that it’s a closed shop and Season Ticket Holders lower down the scale are unable to get tickets is simply false as I’ve proven in this thread with Cardiff and Millwall making it way down the priority scale. 

• Like 1

Exactly, never gonna have a system that works well, not that this one does in the slightest. If you change the points period to be representative of the last 2/3/4/5 seasons - cue the flood of moaners saying things like 'Been a City fan for 20 years stopped going to away games in 2017 because of (insert reason here) what gives these people who've only been supporting the club since our title win the right to a ticket above me the club's a shambles mate ticket office shambles club's gone mate shambles thick'

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SamL said:

Agreed, the system isn’t perfect but where do you draw the line? There’s always somebody that has held a season ticket longer or has done more away games. The system was much simpler 15 years ago when it was based on the number of away matches you attended during each season as a Season Ticket Holder. 

There’s also a valid point that we generally have a core of Season Ticket Holders that do the vast majority of away games and have done so for a number of years. Even if you take away the 50 points for a Season Ticket and based it purely on away matches then they would still be ahead in the system - you can’t please everybody.

A suggestion would be made to reduce the longevity of valid priority points - that way you would potentially get a drop off of people doing away matches no matter how small; although you’d potentially still end up with the same issue. No system is perfect. 

The suggestion that it’s a closed shop and Season Ticket Holders lower down the scale are unable to get tickets is simply false as I’ve proven in this thread with Cardiff and Millwall making it way down the priority scale. 

No-one has ever suggested STHs cannot obtain any tickets, they can, just for about 10 games a season where they're miles away or on a midweek night. Whilst those higher up the bands can pick and choose the close games, and still obtain the same number of priority tickets. As people keep repeating, the gap gets bigger and bigger each season, those in all STH bracket can only obtain a maximum of about 10 points a season, what good is that if you're 150 behind the 501+ points bracket?

People aren't moaning about not being able to obtain any tickets at all, they're moaning about the fact that they'll literally never ever be a higher priority, because they physically aren't able to climb the points brackets. The only ones you can overtake are those who do less than 3 or so aways a season, and that still takes like 15 years.

I've got mates who have done less than 20 aways, but have 518 priority points, they're massively ahead of those who have had a ST 7 years but done 70 aways (420 points). In this example it'll take the regular away goer about another 12 years to catch up.

The season ticket points being 50 is ridiculous and always has been, it should be 20 points a season at the maximum

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 4

as i've said, if the system is unfair, play the system. i accept i'll never get anywhere near any decent points but it is what it is, whatever they do they'll be people unhappy. i can see the next argument if they start cutting off points and everyone is piled in the same priority group, all the oldies and coach 1 people have nothing to do and can snap them up at 8am etc etc

2 hours ago, lcfcjosh said:

I don’t understand how people can get points tho , most aways never hit all STH so I have to buy off here or elsewhere , I can never catch up and I’ve accepted it but how is it fair? Do I have to wait 12 years to comfortably get a ticket?

Yeah but you can go Cardiff, Plymouth and Sunderland etc. in midweek so there’s 7 or 8 points a season :rolleyes:

Who was the lad who used to keep track of where each away game sold out at ? Be handy for seeing how many points the all STHs can actually achieve each season. 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah but you can go Cardiff, Plymouth and Sunderland etc. in midweek so there’s 7 or 8 points a season :rolleyes:

Who was the lad who used to keep track of where each away game sold out at ? Be handy for seeing how many points the all STHs can actually achieve each season. 

I did pretty much every game apart from Newcastle and Bournemouth last season , and only gained 7 points 

• Sad 1