Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charlie35

How many people have priority points

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

What was the away day ticketing system like before the current point system was bought in? Free for all?

No. P1, P2, P3, all STH, general. As far as I remember it. We’ve always taken good numbers everywhere in my living memory (early 30s). League 1 season was insanely popular.

14 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

To be fair, this discussion is ongoing no matter which games are coming up. Of course, when the quick seller games appear it amplifies the conversation.

I’d imagine if we get promoted you’ll see a lot more tickets being made available if the name checks/collect from away games are imposed as before, I know a few of the higher brackets pick and choose games and offload to mates ect to the ones they don’t fancy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

First whining because it's a closed shop and no one new can get tickets. Then whining because new members can get tickets. 

why should members get tickets when season ticket holders can’t ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Why should STHs get tickets when members can’t? 

Because if you go to the games you should get a ticket.

Always kicks off for high demand games or low allocation aways - never hear people crying for a Burnley ticket on a tuesday night.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Take the 50 points out. Thats the crux of it.

Don't agree, those that commit to all home games should have priority over those that don't.  50 points though is too many and should reflective of  the number ogf games committed too,  so this season 23 next season hopefully 19.

Seems to be we should simply have one account having points for home and away makes no sense so all should get one point per game attended whether a a ST holder,  member or General Public.  Agree though that ten years is to many and ought to revert to around 5,  though the current system benefits me a ST holder of some 20 years standing who averages around 5 away games a year.

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Should be quite self explanatory 

Why should someone who has an ST who goes to every home match and villa away once every four years be given priority over a member who either cannot afford a commit to an STH because they work weekends, but puts in the miles for midweek aways or unfashionable games. They shouldn't. That is quite self-explanatory. 

You say loyalty should not be rewarded, much like gig tickets, but then say loyalty should be rewarded because you have an ST. All your proposals are schemes that will suit you and you alone.

here's why you'll never find a perfect solution. I've probably been to more games this season than most people on here, but as a member I get absolutely no priority or loyalyy bonus. I won't be able to get a season ticket as i won't get enough point i'd have thought. I'll also spend more money than those with season tickets come the end of the season, but get no rewards for it apart from going closer up the ladder for the season after maybe

28 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Why should someone who has an ST who goes to every home match and villa away once every four years be given priority over a member who either cannot afford a commit to an STH because they work weekends, but puts in the miles for midweek aways or unfashionable games. They shouldn't. That is quite self-explanatory. 

You say loyalty should not be rewarded, much like gig tickets, but then say loyalty should be rewarded because you have an ST. All your proposals are schemes that will suit you and you alone.

😂 Yes, me and me alone. My proposal was to give me first dibs then everybody else 🤦‍♂️

I think this thread alone demonstrates just how difficult it would be to please everyone.

I don't think anyone's opinions on this thread are wrong, It just simply is a case of you will never please everyone.

As a STH who has been to a lot of away games, including those abroad, i feel a bit p1ssed that i can't get away tickets....but on the same token, i don't for one minute expect to have the same privilege or priority as those that go week in week out.

Ultimately, i think it's just a case of life's not fair.

Edited by adejo92

What's the current top band at the moment? I've seen people with close to 700 points now. So if the scheme stays as it is, a new ST holder would be able to catch the top band at a rate of 19 points per season at best (assumes the top band magically stop going to games which they won't), assuming we get promoted.

700/19 = 36 seasons lol 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I think this thread alone demonstrates just how difficult it would be to please everyone.

I don't think anyone's opinions on this thread are wrong, It just simply is a case of you will never please everyone.

As a STH who has been to a lot of away games, including those abroad, i feel a bit p1ssed that i can't get away tickets....but on the same token, i don't for one minute expect to have the same privilege or priority as those that go week in week out.

Ultimately, i think it's just a case of life's not fair.

And precisely why they'll never change it. Easy life for them without being hassled by the Ginettas, the trust and the random bus 1ers about why their mates can't get tickets anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What's the current top band at the moment? I've seen people with close to 700 points now. So if the scheme stays as it is, a new ST holder would be able to catch the top band at a rate of 19 points per season at best (assumes the top band magically stop going to games which they won't), assuming we get promoted.

700/19 = 36 seasons lol 

I dunno I'm at 637 points.

Something that isn't fair  I will state is that you got as many points for CSKA Moscow away as what you'll get for Burton away pre season.

I don't think you should get points for pre season friendly games but I also don't think we should be grading games with any standing higher than any other. Never got on board with giving Sunderland on a mid week more than say West Brom on a weekend.

Edited by SemperEadem

3 hours ago, lcfcjosh said:

Is this a serious question?

A member who clocks every away game that reaches their level should be further down the queue than a ST who has never done an away match? If you were in this boat, you'd be crying the river that you'd be floating on. Away tickets should be based on attendance at away matches, not sure why that's so hard to understand. 

38 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I don't think you should get points for pre season friendly games but I also don't think we should be grading games with any standing higher than any other. Never got on board with giving Sunderland on a mid week more than say West Brom on a weekend.

No - it's more the European games should've counted for more.

Rome, Rennes and Randers being the same as Huddersfield, Hull and Hartlepool doesn't sit right with me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kegworthfox said:

It’s not just us old ones on high high points for the first time today was able to get my 14 year old grandson a stoke ticket as he is on 600 points 

not everyone was fortunate to go to aways at a young age or have a season ticket

• Like 1