Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charlie35

How many people have priority points

By purchasing more tickets for away games than most people? The home points are almost (but not quite) irrelevant as the vast majority of people in the high brackets have all had the season tickets for the same amount of time but with an average of around 23-26 away games a season if you’re missing very few of them then your points are going to be high. We go about half of the away games a year and are on 563

22 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Priority system needs a re think. Been stuck in the bottom band for 6 years and people like myself have no chance of actually climbing up them, especially with the idiotic 50 points a season for simply renewing. As soon as a decent away trip turns up you have no chance. 

Pointless even saying anything, they don’t give a toss, won’t change for another few years.

Supporters club, union FS etc. should be telling the club this every meeting. 

I'm in the second band 650+ points. This is me renewing my season ticket every year plus I miss less than 10 aways a season (hard to give a number given the PL has less away games than the football league).

I do think the 50 season ticket renewal needs looking at but what else can be done? People moan about ID checking but how else can the club stop people from buying a ticket, to build up points, just to sell the ticket on.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Pointless even saying anything, they don’t give a toss, won’t change for another few years.

Lost count the amount of times they’ve been told. Was the main point of my email to them this morning but they bypassed all that and just told me they hope to get more for Sheff Wednesday. Cheers lads :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm on 650+ but it really needs a rethink and has done for some time. There's no way that points from years ago should be relevant now.

If it continues as it is, the reality is that I could not go to an away game for a couple of seasons and probably still be in one of the top brackets.

It should be on a rolling 2 season basis or something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think Union FS have raised this on a number of occasions with them, but I may be wrong.

As for the traditional supporters clubs... it's probably them exact folk that the club are keeping it in place for. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

I think Union FS have raised this on a number of occasions with them, but I may be wrong.

As for the traditional supporters clubs... it's probably them exact folk that the club are keeping it in place for. 

Yeah mate its mentioned so many times from us. Just the same old ‘we are looking into it’ which is them just bashing it back into the long grass.

Few years ago we collated the ideas of alternative systems which we had asked the fanbase for ideas on. Club took it and we heard nowt back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I'm not sure what the solution is.  I've been a STH for 5 years I think, maybe 6, and only have enough points for the "all STH" category of away tickets.  Each year I get another 50 points but then the boundaries go up too, so I think I'll be stuck in the "all STH" category for ever.  Can't get to away games to raise the points because I can't get tickets!

• Like 1

Apparently Chelsea start from ground 0 with away points each season (for STH), so you build as you go and reset at start of each year.
Causes carnage at the start of the season I imagine with everyone on a level playing field.

Better solution would be to have a rolling away points system (based on 5 years or something), with 50 points for season ticket completely scrapped.

Why was the 50 points even there in the first place??

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Craig said:

39 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah mate its mentioned so many times from us. Just the same old ‘we are looking into it’ which is them just bashing it back into the long grass.

Few years ago we collated the ideas of alternative systems which we had asked the fanbase for ideas on. Club took it and we heard nowt back.

Did suspect so, hence my first sentence.

Will just carry on for another few years as it is now.

It would get a little complicated, but I would have both season ticket and game points losing value on a sliding scale each year. You could have points losing a tenth of their value every year until they are knocked off, for example. So going to 10 away games 10 seasons ago, would be the equivalent to going to 1 game this season. It still respects loyalty, but on a diminishing scale.

One of the difficulties is trying to go with your kids. They probably end up in different bands etc then it's hard to plan going to games if one misses out on a ticket. I think it's a bit mean that my son has a lower points because he doesn't have points from a season he was too young to go to!

I addressed this be dragging him to just about every away game I could... so aged 12, he has 624 points, Which must be good going!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Doubt you'll hear much from Foxes Trust on this as they are the Coach 1 ultras who benefit most from the current system

Exactly this.

Another reason why they don't speak truth to power as it would disrupt their pally relationship with the club and the neat little symbiotic relationship they have going on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

Exactly this.

Another reason why they don't speak truth to power as it would disrupt their pally relationship with the club and the neat little symbiotic relationship they have going on.

There is a reason why all those supporter groups bar one get their AGM’s, Christmas doo’s, nice PR events with players etc all at the club.

• Like 1

Said it before, reduce the value of going to home games i.e. the 50pts OR make an away game 3 or 4pts so that away's are worth more than home, and you are rewarded for going away so you are prioritised for future aways, AND we don't need history to start when we had our 1st season in the Prem under Nigel!!!

Or as we can all see, we'll have no supporters youth policy!!!

• Like 3