Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charlie35

How many people have priority points

On 07/01/2024 at 22:28, phoneticerror said:

What was the away day ticketing system like before the current point system was bought in? Free for all?

Nope for as long as I can remember there has been a priority although based on one season, which if anything made things worse because to keep your p1 status you had to attend pretty much every game that season give or take so those with p1 would buy tickets for every game regardless of going or not. At least now you know you can miss games and not really be punished so there's no need to buy tickets you don't want or need 

Also the system was open to even more abuse as it was a card in your season ticket wallet which was stamped if you produced a ticket stub, it was never checked like it is now. 

I’m just a few points off P1 myself so benefit under the current system, However,  as has been said they should just scrap the 50+ for season ticket holders. Away priority should be on aways games attended only. Season ticket holders should then get priority over members with no away points like they do presently.

Away points after say 5 years or whatever time should become legacy points so worth .5/.25, with the total rounded up to the nearest 1.

Would also like to see them give 2 or 3 points for certain away games that are long distance/midweek etc which most other clubs seem to do. 

This means if you’re a regular away fan you stay at the top and if you’re new you can do those shite midweek trips and actually make progress up the ladder over a few seasons, even if you don’t have the full season ticket history.

Would also make memberships more desirable/better value for money. Surely something they will look at when the expansion comes round. 

• Like 4

On 10/01/2024 at 21:40, GlennyFox55 said:

I’m just a few points off P1 myself so benefit under the current system, However,  as has been said they should just scrap the 50+ for season ticket holders. Away priority should be on aways games attended only. Season ticket holders should then get priority over members with no away points like they do presently.

Away points after say 5 years or whatever time should become legacy points so worth .5/.25, with the total rounded up to the nearest 1.

Would also like to see them give 2 or 3 points for certain away games that are long distance/midweek etc which most other clubs seem to do. 

This means if you’re a regular away fan you stay at the top and if you’re new you can do those shite midweek trips and actually make progress up the ladder over a few seasons, even if you don’t have the full season ticket history.

Would also make memberships more desirable/better value for money. Surely something they will look at when the expansion comes round. 

These are good points and yes I totally agree the 50+ ST holders should be scraped or as a compromise, limited to a set number of season, which would enable those further down the food chain to catch-up. :thumbup:

‘2 or 3 points for certain away games'….’ Yes, definitely. Those on TV, midweek, distance away from KP etc. As you say, other clubs do this. :thumbup:

I was slightly aggrieved to only receive 1 point for each of Legia, Randers, Napoli, PSV, Roma. The same single point for a trip to Villa Park! :@

One comment… you mention ‘regular away fans’. However those with fewer points, or ST only or members have not had a great opportunity, over the ‘last 5 years’ to attend away games due to the current process for allocating ‘Away’ points. And I’m pretty sure many of our fans, with higher priority points, who have purchased away tickets over the ‘last five years’, have not actually ATTENDED :unsure:  the games for which they have bought the ticket! But such is life!! :dry:

I just wish the club would actually propose an alternative solution, or solutions, for away points so we could debate, argue, review the options, and maybe even vote for a preference (but with ‘keep the current process’ off any ballot!)

Instead all we get ‘we are looking at it’ or ‘we might do something next season’. Mañana! Mañana! Mañana! Mañana! 

Agree with getting rid of the 50 points for a season ticket but to make this fair for all do what England do and collect your ticket with Id or show id on entry this would stop people buying for away games if they cannot make. Deduct points if caught selling tickets.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Kegworthfox said:

Agree with getting rid of the 50 points for a season ticket but to make this fair for all do what England do and collect your ticket with Id or show id on entry this would stop people buying for away games if they cannot make. Deduct points if caught selling tickets.

God, you're brave. Calling for ID checks on this forum!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Haha 1

On 20/01/2024 at 14:33, Rodney Fern_8 said:

These are good points and yes I totally agree the 50+ ST holders should be scraped or as a compromise, limited to a set number of season, which would enable those further down the food chain to catch-up. :thumbup:

‘2 or 3 points for certain away games'….’ Yes, definitely. Those on TV, midweek, distance away from KP etc. As you say, other clubs do this. :thumbup:

I was slightly aggrieved to only receive 1 point for each of Legia, Randers, Napoli, PSV, Roma. The same single point for a trip to Villa Park! :@

One comment… you mention ‘regular away fans’. However those with fewer points, or ST only or members have not had a great opportunity, over the ‘last 5 years’ to attend away games due to the current process for allocating ‘Away’ points. And I’m pretty sure many of our fans, with higher priority points, who have purchased away tickets over the ‘last five years’, have not actually ATTENDED :unsure:  the games for which they have bought the ticket! But such is life!! :dry:

I just wish the club would actually propose an alternative solution, or solutions, for away points so we could debate, argue, review the options, and maybe even vote for a preference (but with ‘keep the current process’ off any ballot!)

Instead all we get ‘we are looking at it’ or ‘we might do something next season’. Mañana! Mañana! Mañana! Mañana! 

This wouldn’t make any difference unless ticket collections are implemented, I know loads of P1s who have been to a couple of aways yet buy every game to hand to family and friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Wonder if it'll be 2030 and we'll still be having the same conversation of priority points from 2014 counting towards the current total, never known anything like it lol

Swap kop with family stand debate and change priority points system debate will go on forever...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's interesting how other similar-sized clubs do their away ticket allocation.   This is Southampton's for their away match at our please, in a couple of weeks:

- Wednesday 21st February 2024 - 9:30am – 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders who have attended 4+ away matches in the 23/24 season
- Thursday 22nd February 2024 - 9:30am – 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders who have attended 3+ away matches in the 23/24 season
- Friday 23rd February 2024 – 9:30am - 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders who have attended 2+ away matches in the 23/24 season
- Monday 26th February 2024 – 9:30am - 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders who have attended 1+ away matches in the 23/24 season
- Tuesday 27th February 2024 – 9:30am - 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders
- Wednesday 28th February 2024 – 9:30am – 2023/24 Saints Plus Members
- Thursday 29th February 2024 – 9:30am – 2023/24 Saints Lite Members
- Friday 1st March 2024 – 9:30am – General Sale.

17 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

It's interesting how other similar-sized clubs do their away ticket allocation.   This is Southampton's for their away match at our please, in a couple of weeks:

- Wednesday 21st February 2024 - 9:30am – 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders who have attended 4+ away matches in the 23/24 season
- Thursday 22nd February 2024 - 9:30am – 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders who have attended 3+ away matches in the 23/24 season
- Friday 23rd February 2024 – 9:30am - 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders who have attended 2+ away matches in the 23/24 season
- Monday 26th February 2024 – 9:30am - 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders who have attended 1+ away matches in the 23/24 season
- Tuesday 27th February 2024 – 9:30am - 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders
- Wednesday 28th February 2024 – 9:30am – 2023/24 Saints Plus Members
- Thursday 29th February 2024 – 9:30am – 2023/24 Saints Lite Members
- Friday 1st March 2024 – 9:30am – General Sale.

I'm pretty sure Cov just go ST's, members then general sale. even seen them allow cash on the day

Serious question. Would anyone realistically trust those in charge of the ticket office to come up with a workable solution to what’s in place now. It’s carnage at times as it is due to them, they struggle to change their socks never mind systems 

Edited by Lesterlad

Easiest solution is a rolling 5 year system.

STH - 5 points per season (rolling 5 years)

Member - 3 points per season (rolling 5 years)

Away - 1 point per fixture (rolling 5 years).

Let's say an average of 25 away points per season, maximum points would be 150 within the rolling 5 year period, allows new members and STH the opportunity to earn their status, and keeps long earned points for travelling away to those who regularly travel, removing that privilege for people who no longer attend regularly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Easiest solution is a rolling 5 year system.

STH - 5 points per season (rolling 5 years)

Member - 3 points per season (rolling 5 years)

Away - 1 point per fixture (rolling 5 years).

Let's say an average of 25 away points per season, maximum points would be 150 within the rolling 5 year period, allows new members and STH the opportunity to earn their status, and keeps long earned points for travelling away to those who regularly travel, removing that privilege for people who no longer attend regularly.

But with that theory and just a comment. Those who attend every away game would struggle to get ticket, as the fair weather supporters buy the United Liverpool Man City Chelsea Arsenal games and this isant fair on those who have attended every away game since forever. 

I missed out on the FA Cup final by one point so since then have done nearly 30 games to have a chance next time we have a big game. 

I didn’t get to see forest in the cup as the ticket office and the like got a huge amount. Ok if you work for the club you should be entitled to buy one ticket but is it fair to get tickets for your drinking buddies. I know one manager who did this and she still does. 

I know for a fact that in the past when we have had big games before, full time staff have been allowed to buy 4 tickets each for games. 

I do t know what the soloution is but think those who have spent thousands home and abroad really should have priority over the likes of me and those who have done less

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

But with that theory and just a comment. Those who attend every away game would struggle to get ticket, as the fair weather supporters buy the United Liverpool Man City Chelsea Arsenal games and this isant fair on those who have attended every away game since forever. 

I missed out on the FA Cup final by one point so since then have done nearly 30 games to have a chance next time we have a big game. 

I didn’t get to see forest in the cup as the ticket office and the like got a huge amount. Ok if you work for the club you should be entitled to buy one ticket but is it fair to get tickets for your drinking buddies. I know one manager who did this and she still does. 

I know for a fact that in the past when we have had big games before, full time staff have been allowed to buy 4 tickets each for games. 

I do t know what the soloution is but think those who have spent thousands home and abroad really should have priority over the likes of me and those who have done less

Think I lost brain cells reading the top part. Makes no sense at all.

It wouldn't benefit "fair weather" fans because they'd have far fewer points than those attending every away?

Your point re ticket office syphoning off tickets for their mates is true and scandalous. Happens every time we have a high interest away like Forest. Doubt this will ever get stamped out unfortunately.

• Like 2