Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Permafrost

Cardiff away - 29th December (7.45pm)

15 minutes ago, Craig said:

It's just greed as a simple as that.

They can still monitor who purchases tickets if it's on general sale, and they don't stop anybody purchasing if they're willing to fork out for a membership.

There is no benefit to the club (in their eyes) in selling away tickets, but if it helps them shift a few memberships that they otherwise wouldn't then it's job done for them.

Tell me about it, was supposed to be a requirement for WSL clubs this season to do it, we’ve done it once and sacked it off lol

28 minutes ago, Craig said:

It's just greed as a simple as that.

They can still monitor who purchases tickets if it's on general sale, and they don't stop anybody purchasing if they're willing to fork out for a membership.

There is no benefit to the club (in their eyes) in selling away tickets, but if it helps them shift a few memberships that they otherwise wouldn't then it's job done for them.

No benefit unless we don't sell out? Don't the club have to pay the home team for unsold away tickets?

51 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

No benefit unless we don't sell out? Don't the club have to pay the home team for unsold away tickets?

Just been looking this up as I didn’t think it applied in the EFL, but it may do.

Anyway, I was wrong on there being no benefit as I’ve found that the away club get 5% from away ticket sales. 

Approx 165 left, so taking 3k as it stands. The club clearly has its stance on general sale, but for the remaining tickets at least open it up to one home or away point?

Edited by AW LCFC

13 minutes ago, AW LCFC said:

Approx 165 left, so taking 3k as it stands. The club clearly has its stance on general sale, but for the remaining tickets at least open it up to one home or away point?

they could do it today and they'd be sold before lunchtime but they won't

On 13/12/2023 at 09:07, guest123 said:

anyone not a member and fancies going I'm happy to sort you tickets, I  can get 2 adults and an under 14. just dm me

Hey mate thanks for sorting me out by the way. Super grateful for your help as couldn’t’ve gone otherwise 👍

• Like 1

Really grumpy about this one.  I’ve got two season tickets  - me and my youngest - but we rotate between myself, my wife and both kids so we all get lots of games each season.  Got a mate and his son not going to this so was going to use his 2 tickets and my 2 to get 4 together only to be told I had to collect on match day from Cardiff with ID, obviously I can’t now use my mates tickets but also my 2 under 16’s don’t even have ID so now none of us can go! 

1 hour ago, Mint23 said:

Really grumpy about this one.  I’ve got two season tickets  - me and my youngest - but we rotate between myself, my wife and both kids so we all get lots of games each season.  Got a mate and his son not going to this so was going to use his 2 tickets and my 2 to get 4 together only to be told I had to collect on match day from Cardiff with ID, obviously I can’t now use my mates tickets but also my 2 under 16’s don’t even have ID so now none of us can go! 

In my experience of collecting from away grounds (when tickets haven't arrived in the post) they only put the lead bookers name on the envelope and ask for their ID.  Although they say each person needs ID. I collected one I'd bought using my dads ref for a game earlier in the srason for my son, I just walked in gave my last name and they handed it over. I was a bit worried I'd have to pretend to be 20 yrs older and make out I'd just lost my wallet or whatever, but it was all fine.  Each time I've had to do it (probably 5 or 6 times in the past few seasons) theyve never asked for ID and it's been my name as the person that booked rather than references of other ticket holders on the envelope.

Having said all of this I can see why you'd be reluctant to travel to Cardiff and risk being turned away. . 

Edited by ianormondroyd
  • Thanks 1