Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Albert Gronbaek

Dean Smith is now head coach in the USA and his new team are making a bid for Gronbaek.

At this price, surely we would be interested? Smith is known for using a data led approach to recruitment, so no doubt saw Albert popping off in the progressive carrying and passing stats in Norway.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Dean Smith is now head coach in the USA and his new team are making a bid for Gronbaek.

At this price, surely we would be interested? Smith is known for using a data led approach to recruitment, so no doubt saw Albert popping off in the progressive carrying and passing stats in Norway.

Or we happen to have him on our radar last season, as Smith was here and his just using our list.....

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Or we happen to have him on our radar last season, as Smith was here and his just using our list.....

Definitely possible.

I think it's notable that the two interested teams are an MLS team and a Championship team. Why is that? Most likely because it's hard to gauge how good a player is in the Norwegian league. At the same time Stephy Mavididi for me at the start of the season did not look like a Premier League player, but in recent months after acclimatising to our system and gaining confidence does now look like one. So I imagine this player is at around that level.

We know we tried to get James McAtee in the summer, and with Sheffield United likely to go down, we might be waiting for him?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Definitely possible.

I think it's notable that the two interested teams are an MLS team and a Championship team. Why is that? Most likely because it's hard to gauge how good a player is in the Norwegian league. At the same time Stephy Mavididi for me at the start of the season did not look like a Premier League player, but in recent months after acclimatising to our system and gaining confidence does now look like one. So I imagine this player is at around that level.

We know we tried to get James McAtee in the summer, and with Sheffield United likely to go down, we might be waiting for him?

I know it's only a highlights reel, and I know it's not the greatest league in the world but this lad looks the business.   I was hoping if we only got one body in this Jan it would be him.  

Alas like many a transfer window I fear my hopes are about to be dashed.  

• Like 2

Charlotte FC is my local MLS team.  As soon as Smith signed for them they purchased two international slots from another team and I knew he’d be going to Europe for some talent. That would be a right tidy signing for them. If both Leicester and Charlotte  are interested there’d be no contest though, surely? I can see them being preferred by a central/ southern American based player but not a European based player..

$9.5m is about £7.5 m.

• Like 1