Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Albert Gronbaek

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Did you actually say some Norwegian top flight sides look amateur at best? You're basing that on clips highlighting a player doing positive things, so chances are the opposition aren't going to look great.

Ok it harsh of me to say that, but I scoured a few Norwegian videos of other / similar players who say a similar thing! They are saying that Albert (and others) need to leave the Norweigan league because they won't develop because the overall level is low. But Norweigan foxes please forgive me!

For reference, Celtic signed Odin Holm from that league last season and has been castigated by Brendan Rodgers of all people for "needing to do more":

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/brendan-rodgers-gives-celtic-player-071300374.html

At Gronbaek's club, there's a player called Patrick Berg who I really rate, but he tried a move to France and it didn't work out. The league seems a bit hit and miss.

At the same club as Gronbaek, there's also an exciting Cameroon striker called Faris Moumbagna who is 23. IMO he looks like someone that could make a big impact in the Championship. For midfielders there's also another player we maybe should take a look at who has the most incredible name: Jakob Napoleon (!) Romasaas. He's only 18 but looks very promising.

That we are in for Gronbaek and not Romasass probably shows that we want a player who can make an impact now. We thought Casadei could, but he clearly needs a bit more time to develop.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MPH said:

As an Aside, there is a player playing in Denmark with the last name of bacon. However its a female player..

If Top has any respect for the fans at all, he should definitely bring Danish Bacon to the club.

Known to make a few rash challenges though

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ok it harsh of me to say that, but I scoured a few Norwegian videos of other / similar players who say a similar thing! They are saying that Albert (and others) need to leave the Norweigan league because they won't develop because the overall level is low. But Norweigan foxes please forgive me!

For reference, Celtic signed Odin Holm from that league last season and has been castigated by Brendan Rodgers of all people for "needing to do more":

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/brendan-rodgers-gives-celtic-player-071300374.html

At Gronbaek's club, there's a player called Patrick Berg who I really rate, but he tried a move to France and it didn't work out. The league seems a bit hit and miss.

At the same club as Gronbaek, there's also an exciting Cameroon striker called Faris Moumbagna who is 23. IMO he looks like someone that could make a big impact in the Championship. For midfielders there's also another player we maybe should take a look at who has the most incredible name: Jakob Napoleon (!) Romasaas. He's only 18 but looks very promising.

That we are in for Gronbaek and not Romasass probably shows that we want a player who can make an impact now. We thought Casadei could, but he clearly needs a bit more time to develop.

Let's just chuck it all at Gift Orban and reap the rewards :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, shen said:

Let's just chuck it all at Gift Orban and reap the rewards :ph34r:

About him - have you seen him play many matches? He’s a striker destined for the Premier League in much the same way Daka was. His story is quite unusual in that he’s not been professional for long at all but clearly is naturally gifted (see what I did there).

If we sign a striker (and we might) they need to match the pressing and workrate of Daka with the linkup play of Iheanacho, the finishing of Vardy, but also need the technique and ability to play in traffic like Winks. What characteristics does Orban have? I will say that I sign him in every Football Manager play through because he’s incredible in that game! 

The only striker in Europe that does all of the above that maybe we could sign is Evanilson at Porto. 

Ironically there is a Danish striker that does all of the above buys Hojlund of Man United. 

4 hours ago, LVFox said:

In most clips he seems to like the left hand channel of midfield....interesting that we've seen KDH move to the right for us lately...the two of them either side of Winks could be really tasty.

I think the issue with this is that with Winks not being a very defensively minded 6 we need two athletic, ball winning 8s for our midfield to not be bypassed easily. Does Gronbaek have the defensive capability we need?

49 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I think the issue with this is that with Winks not being a very defensively minded 6 we need two athletic, ball winning 8s for our midfield to not be bypassed easily. Does Gronbaek have the defensive capability we need?

It's a fair point for next season, I'm not convinced that Ndidi is offering a wealth of ball winning this year, and actually, with less creative responsibility I'd back KDH to do enough.

On 27/12/2023 at 16:00, StriderHiryu said:

About him - have you seen him play many matches? He’s a striker destined for the Premier League in much the same way Daka was. His story is quite unusual in that he’s not been professional for long at all but clearly is naturally gifted (see what I did there).

If we sign a striker (and we might) they need to match the pressing and workrate of Daka with the linkup play of Iheanacho, the finishing of Vardy, but also need the technique and ability to play in traffic like Winks. What characteristics does Orban have? I will say that I sign him in every Football Manager play through because he’s incredible in that game! 

The only striker in Europe that does all of the above that maybe we could sign is Evanilson at Porto. 

Ironically there is a Danish striker that does all of the above buys Hojlund of Man United. 

Can't say I have, only a few highlights packages. Obviously his career path and length along with his remarkable numbers tell me he's yet to reach his ceiling. We need a new Vardy-like player to take over the king's mantle 😁