Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Durnerz

Rab Douglas

Rab is the weakest link in our team, the forwards are slowly starting to get it together and the goals are coming (albeit mostly from Joey at the moment) the defence has always been pretty solid its just the keeper, I think after last night CL should let Rab know hes not indispensable and give Hendo a shout if hes not injured. We cant afford to keep losing points and games because of Flapper Harris!

Take the penalty (again), whether he got the player or not, how many times will he come out recklessly like that before realising YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!! :mad:

I would have thought that Hendo's performance against Cardiff would have been enough to secure a starting place. However it went unrewarded.

At least give him a chance. We are leaking goals from Rab anyway so what difference would it make if it is just someone else dropping a bollock?

you know people might not agree, but i think we really should have offered Walker whatever he wanted

we got rid of a lot of players who were on big contracts, a good goalkeeper is often the biggest part of a decent team.

You look at chelsea with cech, he is rarely called on, but when he is he performs. You also only have to look at liverpool, they have always had a good team, but now all of a sudden Reina has gone in goal and no one can score past them, lets face it, carragher and hyypia were in the same team that was being beaten most weeks with dudek in goal.

I know we had a cut down policy, but surely the one exception would have been ok, Walker may have not been the most commanding on crosses, but god he kept us in a lot of games.

you know people might not agree, but i think we really should have offered Walker whatever he wanted

we got rid of a lot of players who were on big contracts, a good goalkeeper is often the biggest part of a decent team.

You look at chelsea with cech, he is rarely called on, but when he is he performs. You also only have to look at liverpool, they have always had a good team, but now all of a sudden Reina has gone in goal and no one can score past them, lets face it, carragher and hyypia were in the same team that was being beaten most weeks with dudek in goal.

I know we had a cut down policy, but surely the one exception would have been ok, Walker may have not been the most commanding on crosses, but god he kept us in a lot of games.

i agree, but i seem to remember levien was told to trim the wage bill by 3 million notes, or something. as ropey as walker was beginning to look, he was a thousend times better the less than fab, rab © tornadoshaunUK

Maybe not what he wanted, but I bet he's not on a huge amount at Bolton. Also, Rab must be on a fair whack here.

Maybe not what he wanted, but I bet he's not on a huge amount at Bolton. Also, Rab must be on a fair whack here.

i dunno you know, he did take "a huge pay cut" to come here? so from £30k a week to £10k a week? i'd imagine most the team are on £1k - £5k for the regulars and about £8k - £10k for the better first teamers.

also judging by his car choice, is it his pug 106 that parks near L1 every game? number plate R444 RAB or something? anyone seen Sylla's Range Rover? number plate S7LLA? he must of been on a mint at Celtic

I still wonder why we even lost Walker, he said he would take a pay cut, he wanted to stay here cause of first team football and because he loved the club. Instead we lost him for someone who's older, probably costs about the same wage wise - possibly less yes, but still i'd pay the little bit extra, just axe Sylla and his wages.

I had more confidence in Walker when he was on his bad patch in the Premiership than I have ever had with Rab throughout the season. It just honestly makes me very frustrated seeing as I doubt Rab will loose his place and we'll keep leaking with Levein shipping the blame off to - "bad luck" or "bad defending" - well I'm sorry Craig but if I had Rab Douglas behind me as a defender I'd be put under a lot more pressure mentally than if I had an Ian Walker behind me.

Well as Walker was on a mnimum of £30 grand a week and I'd be amazed if Rab was on any more than £10 grand, if that, Then that's a hell of a gap to bridge. Walker will be on at LEAST £15 to £20 grand at Bolton, All this Walker talk is wishful thinking, yes he was bettter than Rab but over-rated none the less.

i hate to see someone in between the sticks who just isn't an athlete. i like to see mobility, speed and flexibility in goal. douglas is becoming pressman II. douglas isn't a bad shot stopper when he actually gets to it, but that's the problem, he's just not quick enough any more to get to where he needs to be.

Well as Walker was on a mnimum of £30 grand a week and I'd be amazed if Rab was on any more than £10 grand, if that, Then that's a hell of a gap to bridge. Walker will be on at LEAST £15 to £20 grand at Bolton, All this Walker talk is wishful thinking, yes he was bettter than Rab but over-rated none the less.

Walks was 'only' on 17k p/w, and I imagine Rab is 'only' on 5k p/w at the very most. Still a big jump though.

Archived