Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Charity donations

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Superb @Bob Weasel Fox

What a great idea.

I'm going to promote this, basically the Northamptonshire version of Loros

https://www.cynthiaspencer.org.uk/donate

They sent what can only be described as an angel to look after my father-in-law in his final hours.

Donated bud 👍

• Thanks 1

Mods...

Could this topic be pinned for a few weeks please?

I know people are struggling with the cost of living and under pressure. 

But it's a time for giving if you can afford to. And I'm sure there will be some great causes posted here.

It's just a great idea for a thread.

• Like 1

A couple very specific to myself but Solving Kids' Cancer UK and Neuroblastoma UK. Along with a couple of others more general to childhood cancers, such as Young Lives Vs Cancer and Pasic, that have given us a huge amount of support over the past 18 months, especially Young Lives Vs Cancer and our case worker who has been superb. All of these guys do amazing work though.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 3

Can I just recommend donating to charities for those who get stressed/forget about sending Christmas cards? Plus better for the environment and landfills?

even those charity Christmas don’t give that much to the charity. Far more goes to charity If directly donated.

please consider!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, masterg59 said:

About 10 years ago we as a family decided to stop doing Christmas presents to each other (siblings, aunties uncles etc) basically anyone over the age of 18, posting Christmas cards stopped too. We put the money we would of spent into a pot and decide on a charity ms society this year.

My mum suffers from MS.

This is Foxestalk at its absolute best again.

Most of you are probably fed up of me, but it's your own fault for being so good in the depression thread. Seriously. 

You lot are heroes. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, masterg59 said:

About 10 years ago we as a family decided to stop doing Christmas presents to each other (siblings, aunties uncles etc) basically anyone over the age of 18, posting Christmas cards stopped too. We put the money we would have spent into a pot and decide on a charity ms society this year.

Superb 🙌

12 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

A couple very specific to myself but Solving Kids' Cancer UK and Neuroblastoma UK. Along with a couple of others more general to childhood cancers, such as Young Lives Vs Cancer and Pasic, that have given us a huge amount of support over the past 18 months, especially Young Lives Vs Cancer and our case worker who has been superb. All of these guys do amazing work though.

Again Fantastic choices 🙌

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

Can I just recommend donating to charities for those who get stressed/forget about sending Christmas cards? Plus better for the environment and landfills?

even those charity Christmas don’t give that much to the charity. Far more goes to charity If directly donated.

please consider!

🙌

17 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I'm 99.9% a sarcastic cvnt. And we all have charities close to our heart.

Send the link. No child or parent should have to go through that ❤️

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

May I add that donations don't only need to include charities, nor a need to be monetary?

Blood. Please donate blood if you are able.

Sadly, after donating for many years, I am no longer able and one thing former donors are asked is to do is try and get as many others as possible to take your place.

If you're worried about needles - don't  look. If you are worried about discomfort, the most painful part is ripping the plaster from your arm later.

Lets face it, if you or someone dear to you needed blood, you would expect it to be available. Please help.

Absolutely agree 🙌

Just now, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I've donated to MS Society also 🙏

Thanks mate.

When I grew up and did whatever, it was always for the MS Society, because of my mum.

Now my father-in-law lost to cancer, it's split. 

I'm sure you'll all join me saying "FVCK CANCER, YOU CVNT"

I've seen my Mrs almost destroyed by losing her dad a year ago.

62. Sixty ****ing two. Nothing nowadays.

Hurts everyday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

May I add that donations don't only need to include charities, nor a need to be monetary?

Blood. Please donate blood if you are able.

Sadly, after donating for many years, I am no longer able and one thing former donors are asked is to do is try and get as many others as possible to take your place.

If you're worried about needles - don't  look. If you are worried about discomfort, the most painful part is ripping the plaster from your arm later.

Lets face it, if you or someone dear to you needed blood, you would expect it to be available. Please help.

Great shout. And to induce you potential donors further, you get free biscuits 👍

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Great shout. And to induce you potential donors further, you get free biscuits 👍

In recent times, they have started to let you know which hospital your blood was allocated to.

Now, donors don't mind where, nor to whom their blood goes. I must say though, that when I received notice my latest donation had gone to a childrens hospital, the thought I may have helped a child made me feel so bloody good in myself - even pride.

Yet all I did was sit down for half an hour, have a nice chat with the staff and other donors and yes, tea and biscuits

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Mary's Meals.  It costs £20 per child to give children in the poorest parts of the world a school dinner for a year.  The idea is that the children not only get fed, but they also get educated.  Double bonus.

(Very little admin costs as well.  About 2%.)

Great shout bud 🙌

Just saw this thread after donating money to the local foodbank in my town.

Also donate to cancer programs yearly as i lost my mum to colon cancer at 57.

Agreed that donations don't have to be monetary as volunteering time,  donating blood etc are just as important. In fact many props to those who physically show up at soup kitchens or cook meals on xmas for others instead of their own families.

Whatever works is always appreciated any time of year for any cause.

• Like 1