Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Anyone got any evidence of teams who have blown huge leads and still gone on to succeed?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Only want evidence of football teams that had a right old wobble, gave themselves a whack and got the job done down the stretch.

2008/09 vibes rather than 2012/13.

Our league one season as you point out jumps out. I also remember having a wobble the following season but getting in the play offs. 

Others. Liverpool finishing third despite a complete collapse a couple of seasons ago. 

I remember Man United losing 3 on the trott. 5-0 against Newcastle and 6-3 (I think) v Saints but won the league. The thing is, the “weak mentality” side at that time was Newcastle not United. 

Otherwise, I can’t remember any other circumstances. We are bang in trouble. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only want evidence of football teams that had a right old wobble, gave themselves a whack and got the job done down the stretch.

have to be UK or in general?

Edited by FrankieADZ

See you all in the Chammo next season. 
We’re blowing this. And we don’t have the edge and spirit for a play off battle. 

Strap yoursens in for another horrific 46 game season…for at least the next 6 years.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

It doesn’t often happen @Ric Flair 

But what does happen every year, is one of the long standing top two falls away. 

It’s becoming evident that, that is us. 

Leeds and Ipswich both have more grit than us, and in the last few weeks Southampton are showing they might as well. 

We’ve not shown it at any point this season, because we were in total control for half of it, now the pressure is on, we’re falling apart. 

People kept saying there’s no evidence of us throwing it, but then again there’s no evidence of us turning this around either.

Either way, we’re in a perilous position so Enzo has some thinking to do over the next few days. We have a chance to potentially get back on track on Tuesday, but equally we could put ourselves even further in the pits. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Feels like you’re clinging on for hope which is a terrible sign. 

Naaah, I'm an experienced enough Leicester fan to spot a collapse when I see one. This has all the hallmarks. I'm just curious as to how bleak it is.

I think with Leicester, logic and probability go out of the window anyway. Our destiny is decided by another method.

Just got to ready the next entry in the scrapbook as this is absolutely wild.

I’m the same Ric and can see a bit of Leicestering coming along the horizon. If you remember It took Brian Little 3 seasons to get promoted via the playoffs and be successful with his worst footballing team!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Naaah, I'm an experienced enough Leicester fan to spot a collapse when I see one. This has all the hallmarks. I'm just curious as to how bleak it is.

I think with Leicester, logic and probability go out of the window anyway. Our destiny is decided by another method.

We’ll get the playoffs and hopefully finish third to play whoever finished 6th. The question is, if we do manage to negotiate two games in the semi, do we have the grit to see through a great Wembley atmosphere. Who actually stands up ? I don’t see anyone. 

The performance yesterday hurt so much because it was as clear day that this team will not be in the top 2 come May. I could literally put money on it. Even those who have overcome adversity before in this league, which were far stronger clubs in terms of mentality than ours haven’t made it into the top 2, they’ve scraped the play offs. Yesterday was huge and we fluffed it

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is it, you could script what’s going to happen. It’s so obvious……. 

20 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It doesn’t often happen @Ric Flair 

But what does happen every year, is one of the long standing top two falls away. 

It’s becoming evident that, that is us. 

Leeds and Ipswich both have more grit than us, and in the last few weeks Southampton are showing they might as well. 

We’ve not shown it at any point this season, because we were in total control for half of it, now the pressure is on, we’re falling apart. 

People kept saying there’s no evidence of us throwing it, but then again there’s no evidence of us turning this around either.

Either way, we’re in a perilous position so Enzo has some thinking to do over the next few days. We have a chance to potentially get back on track on Tuesday, but equally we could put ourselves even further in the pits. 

Leeds looked very good struggling to a point against 10 man Huddersfield. Southampton haven't shown anything at all in the past few weeks really have they, they got a result yesterday and you're flapping about it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Our great escape leading to the title count? 

4 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Good grief this thread is real chicken-licken territory. Posters moaning has become an Olympic sport it seems.

Yesterday was hugely disappointing but to write us off and abandon all hope is spineless and pathetic. Get a grip please.

It doesn't have to be, evidence of sides that have had a nose dive towards the end of the season and still succeeded should actually calm fans. 

Your reaction is equally out of touch. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It doesn't have to be, evidence of sides that have had a nose dive towards the end of the season and still succeeded should actually calm fans. 

Your reaction is equally out of touch. 

Nothing will calm some. Head losses all round.

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Not quite the same but Leeds run over Christmas was terrible and looked terminal and then they won 9 in a row with a bit of luck along the way. It can be done. 

Same with Ipswich who went on a run of 1 win in 9 which also included a cup exit to a non-league club and have now won 5 in a row

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1