Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kushiro

Remembering Bernard Murphy and Henry Scotton

Didn't realise Adams went up for the funeral.

Also I think the guy on the right, the Everton fan in the phone, is the man who raised lots of money the other year.

• Like 3

remember this day well. I was shocked at the sheer randomness of it. to be just walking to the football and get struck like that. Absolutely terrible.

I know the club were quite supportive to Mr Murphy's family in the months and years afterwards - sending flowers on the anniversary etc. Not sure if they still do. 

• Like 1

@MrsJohnMurphy I believe is a relation to Bernard, (his mother I think). 

It's one thing that the club should still harbour lots of respect for in that they still mark the anniversary of his by sending flowers to the family. 

Very sad occasion. 

• Like 2

Our club and fans conducted themselves with dignity and respect following that incident and Everton fans were always very positive in their thoughts about us.

Then some idiots went and starting singing about Boris Johnson taking their benefits at Goodison and I think some that respect between the two sets of supporters has been a little lost.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Our club and fans conducted themselves with dignity and respect following that incident and Everton fans were always very positive in their thoughts about us.

Then some idiots went and starting singing about Boris Johnson taking their benefits at Goodison and I think some that respect between the two sets of supporters has been a little lost.

Yeah, shame. I've always found Everton fans to be sound as well.

33 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I like Everton a lot, and think it's ****ing shameful that fans of a team from a city with as much poverty as ours should act like that.

8 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Yeah - ageed.

I've put this thread on one of the Everton forums. Very positive response. 

Remembering Bernard Murphy - and Henry Scotton | GrandOldTeam

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

@MrsJohnMurphy I believe is a relation to Bernard, (his mother I think). 

It's one thing that the club should still harbour lots of respect for in that they still mark the anniversary of his by sending flowers to the family. 

Very sad occasion. 

I can assure you @MrsJohnMurphy is not Bernard's mother, nor related in any way.

• Thanks 1