Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Camping

Well it’s getting that type of year… just wondered who else enjoys camping. We like camping in wooded areas, near nice walks and lakes. We have some canoes and going out on a massive lake early in the morning with the calm of day day.. 

a few of our camping ‘hacks’

to save on dishes and clean up, we take our eggs already mixed in a milk carton, we take freezer bags, pour some eggs into them and then anything like peppers onions, cheese and eggs and boil the eggs in a bag and it’s delicious - just like scrambled eggs. You can buy cheap little camping stoves to boil the water on in a pan, and then you can use the water after for a cup of tea !

Take disposable BBQs. Easy to cook on!

take a life straw filter bag. You can literally take water from the dirtiest of lakes and it will give you clean drinking water and will save so much on packing heavy waters

watch some you tube videos of people camping in the woods, you can learn so much!  

there’s one person in particular I like watching he goes ‘ backpack camping’ he rough camps along the way  in national parks and these nice walks he does.  And then gets up in the morning and finishes his walks. 

Get out and enjoy nature!

• Like 2

There’s so many really easy tents these days  that are easy to put up.. decent price too… if you decide you want to try out camping get a cheap tent first, work out what you do or don’t like about the tent, or even if you like camping at all.. and then go for a nicer one  once you have identified exactly what you are looking for in a tent.

Posted (edited)

Few camping ideas…. Can be found here.

https://direct.asda.com/george/outdoor-garden/all-camping/D33M04G01,default,sc.html?_ga=2.246553346.703350976.1713561720-206870584.1713561720

if you want to take 4 people camping, get AT LEAST a 6 man tent. If it says 4 person tents that literally means you can fit 4 people in it ( but not their bags and equipment!)

Edited by MPH

20 hours ago, MPH said:

Well it’s getting that type of year… just wondered who else enjoys camping. We like camping in wooded areas, near nice walks and lakes. We have some canoes and going out on a massive lake early in the morning with the calm of day day.. 

a few of our camping ‘hacks’

to save on dishes and clean up, we take our eggs already mixed in a milk carton, we take freezer bags, pour some eggs into them and then anything like peppers onions, cheese and eggs and boil the eggs in a bag and it’s delicious - just like scrambled eggs. You can buy cheap little camping stoves to boil the water on in a pan, and then you can use the water after for a cup of tea !

Take disposable BBQs. Easy to cook on!

take a life straw filter bag. You can literally take water from the dirtiest of lakes and it will give you clean drinking water and will save so much on packing heavy waters

watch some you tube videos of people camping in the woods, you can learn so much!  

there’s one person in particular I like watching he goes ‘ backpack camping’ he rough camps along the way  in national parks and these nice walks he does.  And then gets up in the morning and finishes his walks. 

Get out and enjoy nature!

Are you Ralph Moat?

• Haha 2

On 19/04/2024 at 22:15, MPH said:

Watch all of Liam’s videos, find them so relaxing and such an easy watch.

Really like how he doesn’t spoil the video with music or feeling like he has to talk all of the time.

I knew nothing of wild camping before following him now I have the itch to try all over Europe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Watch all of Liam’s videos, find them so relaxing and such an easy watch.

Really like how he doesn’t spoil the video with music or feeling like he has to talk all of the time.

I knew nothing of wild camping before following him now I have the itch to try all over Europe

im exactly the same! Loved the series of him going through national parks, especially the ones in Wales and Scotland… but I said the same to my wife.. very relaxing and just  simple enjoyment in watching his videos. I love how much he loves being outside too.. different  meal every time and it’s interesting to see what local drink he finds too lol

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I think US camping is quite a different experience to UK camping.

it certainly can be. We’ve woken up with bear poop outside our tent before . :D

Haven't had a whole lot of spare time over the last few years, but do like to get out camping occasionally.

I've just bought a book of 100 wild-camp locations across England, Scotland and Wales, and so hopeful about ticking off a few over the summer months.

Just booked a couple weeks in Romania also, during which we plan to do the first secion of the Via Transilvanica. I'm sure a few camping opportunities will present themselves during that trip.

Some parts of the States look incredible. I can imagine if you're in a nice spot for accessing an outdoors lifestyle, theres a decent portion of the year that you wouldn't want to do much else.

Edited by samlcfc
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

Haven't had a whole lot of spare time over the last few years, but do like to get out camping occasionally.

I've just bought a book of 100 wild-camp locations across England, Scotland and Wales, and so hopeful about ticking off a few over the summer months.

Just booked a couple weeks in Romania also, during which we plan to do the first secion of the Via Transilvanica. I'm sure a few camping opportunities will present themselves during that trip.

Some parts of the States look incredible. I can imagine if you're in a nice spot for accessing an outdoors lifestyle, theres a decent portion of the year that you wouldn't want to do much else.

yeah there’s some big national parks and national forests all over the place. My favorite local place is called The Uwharrie National Forest. It’s on the edge of Badin lake. You can either get a spot  at a campsite .. toilets, showers, ect or you can wild camp in other places for free... waking up next to a massive lake 10 times bigger than Rutland waters  as the sunrises, steam  coming off the lake as fish jump out the water… you can’t beat it

these are from my favorite wild camping spot..

IMG_0042.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpeg

IMG_2024-04-21-115336.jpeg

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

I love a bit of camping, and I’m toying with the idea of doing a bit of wild camping. 

I’ve been scoping out backpacking tents, and I reckon the Vango Banshee 200 is the best pound for pound. May invest.