Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Where do you rank this promotion?

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m just hoping that @koke has a Time Machine ……..

If he does, I'm looking forward him posing more questions, including: "Wow, no points deduction - who saw that coming?' and 'Come on lads, which of you really expected us to be top of the Prem after 10 games?' 

Even if we manage to get over the line. We still have to worry as Leeds have applied to have the season officially start sometime in September.:scarf:

Just now, ozleicester said:

preview.php?meme=97&top=worst%20promotion&bottom=ever&rand=7165.397743935125

If and when it happens, this is absolutely my overarching feeling about it. 

I’ve never hated the club or the Prem more, and I really fvcking hate King Power and everyone associated with it these days.

I’ve not watched a single Prem match this season, I’ve no idea who plays for or manages the clubs - the only interest was the points deductions and whether Forest and Everton get their deserved relegations. I won’t watch any matches next season either besides any of ours that I stream.

If I’m honest, I’m extremely excited about PNE away on Monday and having it confirmed. We do deserve it despite some indifferent form over the past 8/9 weeks or so. After all, the league table doesn’t lie. But the fact is, we should be walking this league. We have by far and away the best squad with an abundance of PL experience. Southampton and Leeds spent the majority of their time in the PL sitting mid table or fighting relegation. Our average position over the 9 years in the PL was 8th. The amount of money we gained from such good levels of success should have made this season a forgone conclusion. 

I will enjoy it because you don’t get promoted every day. But I’m not naive. This should have happened. In fact, we never should have gone down in the first place. 

“we all went on a championship tour” 

One of the factors that temper the enjoyment of it is the context.

It's set against at least 2 years of the club operating in bad faith and treating fans poorly. The club has generated a culture/atmosphere that makes it difficult to warm to them. We had Rodgers tanking us which was tolerated by the board. Financial chicanery. The relegation of a team capable of competing at the top end of the Premier League. The increasingly hostile treatment of the match-going fans.

It takes its toll. It makes it harder to feel elation.