Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Where do you rank this promotion?

In terms of enjoyment. We had an  damn open top bus parade for the 13/14 promotion, due to being away for 10 years obviously.

The 02/03 was special because of the financial difficulties, but it was the end of an era as we soon found out. 

We could get 100 points but the vibes around this team is underwhelming, and a lot of City fans feel totally indifferent.

For some context. The Pearson 13/14 team scored 83 goals and conceded 43. This team got 86 goals with 2 games left, and conceded 39. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Right at the bottom for me but that might just be reflective of how I feel about football and Leicester over the past few years. Brendan Rodgers and the decision makers at the club have made my love of the game waiver

It's still a good achievement though and there have been enjoyable moments. Last night in particular was superb 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

What promotion? When did we get promoted? Have I missed something?

We got promoted yesterday.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Right at the bottom for me but that might just be reflective of how I feel about football and Leicester over the past few years. Brendan Rodgers and the decision makers at the club have made my love of the game waiver

I half agree. The last 18 months of Rodgers was torture and a lot of the players who are still here I don't particularly like. Plus the possibility of point deduction and bad finances etc. 

I can only speak for myself but even though I'd be delighted with promotion, it's somewhat muted for a few different reasons....

1, How poor we've been for the majority of this calander year. Our form has been amoungst the worst in the league for a while and even most of the wins were struggles. 

2, Enzo. I'm not convinced by him and I reckon that unless he significantly adjusts his mindset, we could be seriously exposed in the PL. 

All our success under him is a product of his plan A working and that hasn't been as often as it was at the start of the season. There has been games were his plan hasn't worked but we've gotten by out of the quality we have over the rest of the league. That gulf in class won't be in our favour next season if we go up. Outside that, he has shown no ability or desire to be able to change a game around, either by tactics or subs. 

3, our finances. No one knows exactly how they are looking but we all know that they aren't great and I don't know how much we will be able to do going into next season. 

4, FFP. Its hard to get excited with this hanging over us. 

• Like 1

It's as important as it ever is. 

If we'd not gone up in 2014 we weren't far from an EFL points deduction and god knows what would have followed. 

Likewise 2003 doesn't bare thinking about.

Staying down this season could quite easily lead to League One. 

They're all MASSIVE

• Like 3

For financial benefits it has to happen but with the looming points deduction it does feel a little hollow. Still from my early seasons expectations prior to Enzo coming in it's been a fantastic campaign all in all, just to think we could have ended up with Jesse Marsch.

46 minutes ago, Koke said:

In terms of enjoyment. We had an  damn open top bus parade for the 13/14 promotion, due to being away for 10 years obviously.

The 02/03 was special because of the financial difficulties, but it was the end of an era as we soon found out. 

We could get 100 points but the vibes around this team is underwhelming, and a lot of City fans feel totally indifferent.

For some context. The Pearson 13/14 team scored 83 goals and conceded 43. This team got 86 goals with 2 games left, and conceded 39. 

Are you for real

I know I am optimist and should we gain promotion, which isn't assured yet, it will be absolutely wonderful to regain our Premier League status.

2 months ago you could say it was a foregone conclusion but we have chosen not to make it into a one horse race or winning the title by a country mile.

What is with all these threads and comments from people suggesting we are promoted? 

We still have to win a game yet and it would not be that much of a shock if Preston put a spanner in the works. 

Can we please wait until we are actually promoted before all this talk. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I can only speak for myself but even though I'd be delighted with promotion, it's somewhat muted for a few different reasons....

1, How poor we've been for the majority of this calander year. Our form has been amoungst the worst in the league for a while and even most of the wins were struggles. 

2, Enzo. I'm not convinced by him and I reckon that unless he significantly adjusts his mindset, we could be seriously exposed in the PL. 

All our success under him is a product of his plan A working and that hasn't been as often as it was at the start of the season. There has been games were his plan hasn't worked but we've gotten by out of the quality we have over the rest of the league. That gulf in class won't be in our favour next season if we go up. Outside that, he has shown no ability or desire to be able to change a game around, either by tactics or subs. 

3, our finances. No one knows exactly how they are looking but we all know that they aren't great and I don't know how much we will be able to do going into next season. 

4, FFP. Its hard to get excited with this hanging over us. 

We had 34% possession and won 5-0 last night but all of our success under him is a product of plan A 😂