Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Where do you rank this promotion?

It's the least rewarding to be honest because it's come off the worst relegation in Premier League history for me. It wasn't a given we went up but it was pretty heavily expected.

4 hours ago, Koke said:

In terms of enjoyment. We had an  damn open top bus parade for the 13/14 promotion, due to being away for 10 years obviously.

The 02/03 was special because of the financial difficulties, but it was the end of an era as we soon found out. 

We could get 100 points but the vibes around this team is underwhelming, and a lot of City fans feel totally indifferent.

For some context. The Pearson 13/14 team scored 83 goals and conceded 43. This team got 86 goals with 2 games left, and conceded 39. 

It is difficult to take in how someone who follows this club, a club who can deliver the most incredible highs but also the most stunning heartbreaking collapses from winning positions, not just in individual games but league positions especially, can be daft enough to start a thread like this, at this particular point in time. 

• Like 2

Leeds lost to Preston away and at home to Blackburn so the job is still far from done. 

I'll continue with my nervous build up to Monday night at Preston, try and wear the lucky clobber etc 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

42 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Leeds lost to Preston away and at home to Blackburn so the job is still far from done. 

I'll continue with my nervous build up to Monday night at Preston try and wear the lucky clobber etc 

I’m hoping they both on holiday and we smash them both to put a cherry on top of the cake and get to 100 points. 

• Like 1

We haven't been promoted this season so you can't rank, something that has not happened.

This thread is like a premature ejaculation.

Edited by Motty
Spelling
  • Like 1

In reality, throw a positive perspective on it. We can still make some history here. 

We’ve two games left and we’ve won 30 games.

Looking at the list of promoted teams from years gone by, not many have done that.

Wolves in 16/17 - 30 wins

Leicester in 13/14 - 31 wins

Newcastle in 09/10 - 30 wins

Reading in 05/06 - 31 wins

Manchester City in 01/02 - 31 wins

Fulham in 00/01 - 30 wins 

Sunderland in 98/99 - 31 wins

We could get to 32 wins, which is the most ever for a Championship team. Not sure before the Premier League era. The EFL record since its inception is 33 by Doncaster Rovers in 46/47. Shame we didn’t beat that! 

It’s important for the club that we achieve promotion.

It’s come to a point where it’ll be relief rather than a celebration for me (if it does happen).

If there’s an open top bus parade, it’ll be almost like we’re celebrating a failure (relegation and scraping promotion from a commanding position).

That’s me speaking from a perspective of someone who thought we might even get relegated again. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Motty said:

We haven't been promoted this season so you can't rank, something that has not happened.

This thread is like a premature ejaculation.

I think I should I come in here.... especially as I did earlier. 

• Haha 1

It’s not a foregone conclusion we stil have work to do to finish off the job. however whilst we should never have been relegated and its the most expensive squad blah blah blah etc

i actually think Enzo has done an excellent t job in resetting the club and getting what is a unbalanced squad with a few square legs in round holes to buy into his methods and to lift the doom and gloom having over the club last summer.

This isn’t football manager the game, lots of comments about my gran or any random manage could  get this team up etc etc but actually in the real world it ain’t that simple especially when you look at a squad with a significant number of out of contract players, others who looked certain to leave but didn’t and a back drop of a club that is in a bit of a shambles behind the scenes. 

Not taking into account Ipswich who have suprised many, it was always being talked about 2 from 3 of Leeds, Southampton and ourselves, if we do get over the line, there is a every chance that Leeds and Saints could end up both in the play offs despite having spent significantly in the summer, having more experienced managers and having retained a healthy core of premier league experience players, it was never ever gong to be HMS piss the league, in Leeds and Southampton there were two others teams very capable of winning the league,. 

Whilst it is very different circumstances to the promotions under Adam’s and Pearson, it will still be, if we do it, an absolutely fantastic achievement. Given the quite unique pressure of the finances and PSR performance  and that it’s Enzo’s first management job in England, I think he has tremendously well especially when you consider how inexperienced he is in comparison to the other managers in and around us. 

• Like 2

This thread is a little too far ahead of itself. Imagine if Ipswich and Leeds don’t slip up and we lose to a wonder goal or two on Monday night. That puts a lot of pressure on us to win on the final day of the season against I side with its back to the wall… All perhaps is unlikely but not impossible. 

• Like 1