Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OnlyOneCity

Welcome to the Premier League new delaying (cheating) tactics.

I have noticed this season in particular, that watching MOTD, a number of times during games, there have been 2 balls on the pitch, causing the game to be stopped, sometimes in crucial positions. It’s not always been clear how the 2nd ball has got there as you only usually see the pitch on TV.But last night, there was a prime example in the Everton match of this happening. Tarkowski was caught out of position on the touch line, a quick throw was taken by Brentford, as Tarkowski was running back onto the pitch, he deliberately kicked  a ball from one of the plinths on the edge of the pitch, onto the field. This appeared to slightly disrupt Brentford and 5he ball was kicked out of play by an Everton player. I wish the pundits had highlighted this as it was deliberate cheating. Apparently, this practise came about  last season in Holland when a goalie was caught out of play on the touch line after charging out and deliberately kicked another ball onto  pitch so he could get back place. I believe he was booked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

I have noticed this season in particular, that watching MOTD, a number of times during games, there have been 2 balls on the pitch, causing the game to be stopped, sometimes in crucial positions. It’s not always been clear how the 2nd ball has got there as you only usually see the pitch on TV.But last night, there was a prime example in the Everton match of this happening. Tarkowski was caught out of position on the touch line, a quick throw was taken by Brentford, as Tarkowski was running back onto the pitch, he deliberately kicked  a ball from one of the plinths on the edge of the pitch, onto the field. This appeared to slightly disrupt Brentford and 5he ball was kicked out of play by an Everton player. I wish the pundits had highlighted this as it was deliberate cheating. Apparently, this practise came about  last season in Holland when a goalie was caught out of play on the touch line after charging out and deliberately kicked another ball onto  pitch so he could get back place. I believe he was booked.

Nothing new. It's what used to be called gamesmanship. 

2 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Our ball boys have done it a few times too. When the opposition go to take a quick throw they roll a ball down the line to them. I think it was Robert Madley reffing us recently told one of them behind the goal to stop it.

Gamesmanship and certainly not as bad as the Arsenal tactic of holding your head after being kicked in the shin.