Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

Away Points?

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

I’m currently on 271. 

How long am I looking it to accumulate enough to be eligible for regular away matches? Isn’t 400+?

Pretty sure it's 50 points per ST renewal and 1 point per game.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

5 more years to get to that 450 mark then. 

By that point it will be 650+ to be within a shout of regular away tickets, as discussed numerous times on here the system is crap if you got a season ticket later than 2013/14

Edit: Probably more like 750 as it's 501+ then all STH this year

Edited by Sir Steve Howard
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

By that point it will be 650+ to be within a shout of regular away tickets, as discussed numerous times on here the system is crap if you got a season ticket later than 2013/14

Edit: Probably more like 750 as it's 501+ then all STH this year

2014/15.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, An Away Move said:

I’m currently on 271. 

How long am I looking it to accumulate enough to be eligible for regular away matches? Isn’t 400+?

It’s impossible to build your way up the ladder. Still bottom bracket despite having one for 7 years, they just move the goalposts once you get anywhere near to catching up. Put a very strong point across in my loyalty tax email, all you get back is we are looking into the system for upcoming season. Been told that I don’t know how many times across the years, mind. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

As said the goalposts move every year, you need to buy a ticket for every away game possible for probably the next 8 or 9 years to even get into the bottom bracket.

Realistically it's gonna be 10+ years, as the games you can get a ticket for, you'll probably only go 75/80% of them, so unless they change the system, you're ****ed.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Thanks 1

They've had multiple options to reform the away points system put to them by fans, all ignored as usual.

Just easier to not rock the boat, default position as normal is to keep things the way they've always been, don't make unnecessary work for themselves.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2024 at 08:03, An Away Move said:

I’m currently on 271. 

Until hell freezes over unless the club addresses the much needed reform to limit the number of years a ST holders is awarded 50 AWAY points at the start of each season or they reduce that figure.

• Haha 1

I don’t fancy my chances then! This club is like a computer game. Become a member. Collect enough points. Fail to get a ST. Collect more. Get a ST. Collect away points get to some away games. Fail at most, rinse and repeat. The people who do get access to all home and away must have been following for years though and no doubt deserve the benefits?

13 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

For me having a season ticket should have no barring at all on away tickets. 

It shouldn't be linked. Home and away should be treated differently. 

I disagree with that.. if 2500 tickets are given for prem away games, why shouldn’t the most loyal fans be given priority? I’m a member by the way but I’d be naffed if I’d been a st holder for years and couldn’t get tickets for a potential top 6 position match, because Joe bloggs got a ticket having supported them for a season? 

I don’t particularly want to get into a massive debate as this has been touched upon before about the points system and loyalty.. but there has to be somerthing for season ticket holders who go week in week out no other than cheap home tickets.. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I disagree with that.. if 2500 tickets are given for prem away games, why shouldn’t the most loyal fans be given priority? I’m a member by the way but I’d be naffed if I’d been a st holder for years and couldn’t get tickets for a potential top 6 position match, because Joe bloggs got a ticket having supported them for a season? 

I don’t particularly want to get into a massive debate as this has been touched upon before about the points system and loyalty.. but there has to be somerthing for season ticket holders who go week in week out no other than cheap home tickets.. 

not saying that, what i am saying is there should be an away point system.  you should jsut get points for going to away games. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

not saying that, what i am saying is there should be an away point system.  you should jsut get points for going to away games. 

This is exactly the point, a non-STH who goes to 5+ aways a year should have higher priority than someone who's had a STH for 10 years and only ever goes to an away when Forest/Cov comes around. (Not that 501+ would actually get you a ticket to Forest/Cov but you could rephrase as higher priority than 10 years STH, 0 aways)

Edited by Sir Steve Howard
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Away season tickets. That’s the answer

Possibly but wouldn't call it a Season Ticket. 

We need to adopt the England Suporters Travel Club approach. 

Allocation gets split 70% - 30%

Top 70% guaranteed a ticket(Top Cappers)

30% of tickets are made available for ballot for the rest of the members. 

This way works so well. People who struggle to get tickets for away games would have a better chance this way.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Possibly but wouldn't call it a Season Ticket. 

We need to adopt the England Suporters Travel Club approach. 

Allocation gets split 70% - 30%

Top 70% guaranteed a ticket(Top Cappers)

30% of tickets are made available for ballot for the rest of the members. 

This way works so well. People who struggle to get tickets for away games would have a better chance this way.

may as well call it a season ticket. what is the lowest allocation in the prem currently? 2,000? then make the season ticket for the best 1,500 die hard, scarf wearing, non stone island, air max 90 bouncing around fans. the rest of the allocations go in a ballot and its completely random.

the way to get into the first 1500 is those who can recite every player since 1884 in order of appearance. tests start as soon as the previous season ends

if you are in the 1500 and you wish to move on then a royal rumble style battle takes place on the second thursday of the month at seagrave car park only that its 50 men/women/children in the ring and the last 10 standing get a spot. if there are more spots available then we increase the size of the ring (car park)

other than this, i really dont see how it can work

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

may as well call it a season ticket. what is the lowest allocation in the prem currently? 2,000? then make the season ticket for the best 1,500 die hard, scarf wearing, non stone island, air max 90 bouncing around fans. the rest of the allocations go in a ballot and its completely random.

the way to get into the first 1500 is those who can recite every player since 1884 in order of appearance. tests start as soon as the previous season ends

if you are in the 1500 and you wish to move on then a royal rumble style battle takes place on the second thursday of the month at seagrave car park only that its 50 men/women/children in the ring and the last 10 standing get a spot. if there are more spots available then we increase the size of the ring (car park)

other than this, i really dont see how it can work

Cool story

• Haha 2

The 50pts for renewal is mental. Loyalty should be rewarded but not at 2 and a bit seasons of away points. Since 14/15 up to last season we averaged 24.5 away games, including a championship season with 23 aways in the league, that’s over 2 seasons of going every away game to accumulate a renewal. Without this champ season we averaged 21.6 away games with 3 European campaigns, that’s 2 seasons and a third, how are non season ticket holders supposed to accumulate that many points? How are st holders who got one after 14/15 supposed to accumulate that many points? It’s a real closed door system and doesn’t even need that much tweaking to make it fair.

It should be 3pts for st renewal, 2pts for membership renewal and then 1 pt a game. Those who go to every away game will still be top bracket and those who actually do go to away games when they can get a fairer chance of getting big game tickets over someone who has never been before. Also doing a booking history system within the timescale they agree so that if you went to games from 14/15 for say 2 or 3 years and then had to stop for whatever reason you don’t lose points if your personal circumstances change so that you can now go to games again, you still retain the game pts and the membership or sth for that time period. The club clearly wants a closed door system otherwise this would have changed years ago

• Like 1

On 15/05/2024 at 12:14, MS0204 said:

define 'the most loyal'. I did 42 games last season but only have 7 away points. I was about the only fan left in about 5 rows in L1 last season when we were 3-0 down to Liverpool, with only the old bill next to me to chat to. I've also got no chance of a season ticket

• Like 1

3 hours ago, guest123 said:

define 'the most loyal'. I did 42 games last season but only have 7 away points. I was about the only fan left in about 5 rows in L1 last season when we were 3-0 down to Liverpool, with only the old bill next to me to chat to. I've also got no chance of a season ticket

Why ain’t you got no chance of a season ticket? 

The system is severely flawed and some ST holders are adding to the problem.  I am a member and went to 8 aways last season.  I only bought tickets to 3 of those legitimately.  The rest were bought from season ticket holders.  I accept that sometimes people have last minute change of plans and can't go, so sell their ticket, but undoubtedly lots are buying tickets just for the points then selling them.  Double edged sword as I'm grateful I get to go to some aways as a result of these season ticket holders selling but on the flip side it isn't really fair on members or ST holders on low points who want to go away and can't add to their points total because of this