Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MGLCFC

Season Ticket for members

1 minute ago, SRhino said:

another unsuccessful 45 here, although I suspect my lad on 49 would have been successful without me dragging him down the pecking order :blush:

Cut off was 58 apparently 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

It was 55, unless you were applying with someone on lower points than this.

Someone in the other thread in tickets forum saying he applied alone on 57 and was unsuccessful 

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Someone in the other thread in tickets forum saying he applied alone on 57 and was unsuccessful 

I didn’t get in on 57 as a single application but someone said they did on 58.. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MS0204 said:

I didn’t get in on 57 as a single application but someone said they did on 58.. 

If some were getting ST last season on 40 points, then quite a few gave them up when we were relegated, so new ST holders have retained their seats this season, then the old ST holders with high points tally have reapplied, that would make the points total required quite high

Edited by splinterdream

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

If its true that you could quit your ST last season on 65 points, not go to a game last season, but then reapply with your 65 points, I find that a bit unfair 

Fairness is such a slippery word. I’d be gutted if I took a season out and then missed out with my 69 points to someone who attended well in one recent season. 

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

Strange them, Jim has just confirmed 55 to me on email.

The cut off process:

Jim looks at points you hold.

Replies by email [points you hold]+1. 

• Haha 4

Just now, An Away Move said:

Fairness is such a slippery word. I’d be gutted if I took a season out and then missed out with my 69 points to someone who attended well in one recent season. 

I was a ST holder for many years, but studied for a degree and had a child, by the time I wanted to go again we were in the 14/15 season, I have no points to account for that. The membership system when no/low points absolutely useless as difficult to get tickets, tbh gave up membership awaiting new stand but when it was clear that wasn't happening, last season was a chance to get points up to 54, so it does feel unfair to lose out to someone who gave up their ST because we were relegated. I wonder if we retain PL status whether points tally will get higher and higher. The real unfairness is punishing those financially who can't get a ST, the system was set up like that to encourage people to get ST. I'd love to know the number of people that would purchase ST if able, we're surely in need of expanding stadium. 

• Like 1

I was unsuccessful with a mere 29 points that id accruded going to every game season and a few last year! I was going to get one in the singing section. Oh well another year buying tickets anywhere to build my points up! I had an ST during the league one / early championship days, but gave it up due to work! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I was a ST holder for many years, but studied for a degree and had a child, by the time I wanted to go again we were in the 14/15 season, I have no points to account for that. The membership system when no/low points absolutely useless as difficult to get tickets, tbh gave up membership awaiting new stand but when it was clear that wasn't happening, last season was a chance to get points up to 54, so it does feel unfair to lose out to someone who gave up their ST because we were relegated. I wonder if we retain PL status whether points tally will get higher and higher. The real unfairness is punishing those financially who can't get a ST, the system was set up like that to encourage people to get ST. I'd love to know the number of people that would purchase ST if able, we're surely in need of expanding stadium. 

In 14/15 I had a Golden Fox Membership. It came with a guarantee of a ST the following year if you wanted one. I didn't take it up! Took me until 2020 and for a global pandemic to happen to get enough points and see enough spaces become free. It was touch and go on 69 points. 

You'll get there soon!

8 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

In 14/15 I had a Golden Fox Membership. It came with a guarantee of a ST the following year if you wanted one. I didn't take it up! Took me until 2020 and for a global pandemic to happen to get enough points and see enough spaces become free. It was touch and go on 69 points. 

You'll get there soon!

Well we're both over 35+ points now so supposedly get first dibs on tickets but towards end of last season, some games were gone even on first day

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Well we're both over 35+ points now so supposedly get first dibs on tickets but towards end of last season, some games were gone even on first day

I managed to get tickets to Everton at home in 2016 and Atlético Madrid as a member. I was surgical though. Was online 10m before ticket release.

Edited by An Away Move

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Aeropars said:

Anyone not had their email? My wife applied and hasn’t had anything (Yes, I’ve checked the spam folder)

Ring the club. This happened to me last year when I was applying for my lad. I rang the ticket office and was told he had qualified by 1 point. It was a good job I decided to ring as I was assuming he hadn’t got enough points. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

It's a great shame that people in their mid-20s who weren't able to go as children (parents weren't interested or couldn't afford it) are still frozen out of going every week. Expansion needs to be asap or that generation will become casual fans of the big-6.

The cost of membership is outrageous when it just gives you the opportunity to buy tickets at roughly double the season ticket price.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

58 points:dunno: wow, next year if were up will be what 70-80?

Which is absolutely understandable. This year people got 15 for renewing, then could have got an additional 24 (23 league home games plus Birmingham FA cup), so the bar jumping up by 20/25 points a season is about right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Which is absolutely understandable. This year people got 15 for renewing, then could have got an additional 24 (23 league home games plus Birmingham FA cup), so the bar jumping up by 20/25 points a season is about right.

It's surprising because the bar hasn't changed in the past few seasons, last 3 seasons 32/37/37