Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

who should come IF/When levein leaves?

Just anyone who has a clue about motivating players and using appropriate tactics depending on the situation.

If they don't repeat the same excuses over and over again, that'd be a bonus.

yer, but who? levein has to go now! but is there any good managers around whod take his place? george burley?

If things don't improve - Dave Penney of Doncaster.

Before we appointed Levein, he was my choice. He's done a brilliant job at Doncaster. Dragged the side from the Conference to Division 2 (League 1) in consecutive seasons, and look a good bet for the play-offs this season.

Very similar to a certain Martin O'Neill. (And no, I'm not living in the past before I get accused)

Just anyone who has a clue about motivating players and using appropriate tactics depending on the situation.

If they don't repeat the same excuses over and over again, that'd be a bonus.

Robson would be great, but I don't think we are a big enough club sorry

If things don't improve - Dave Penney of Doncaster.

Before we appointed Levein, he was my choice. He's done a brilliant job at Doncaster. Dragged the side from the Conference to Division 2 (League 1) in consecutive seasons, and look a good bet for the play-offs this season.

Very similar to a certain Martin O'Neill. (And no, I'm not living in the past before I get accused)

lol, yer he sounds cool, peter tayler come back plz!

yer, but who? levein has to go now! but is there any good managers around whod take his place? george burley?

:rolleyes:

The only manager i can think of who i'd be happy with is Dave Penney of Doncastor, i hoped we'd go for him when Micky Adams was sacked. You're kidding yourself if you think we can attract the likes of Bobby Robson.

Burley is at Southampton.

There's a few from the lower leagues who might well be worth a look and despite what some people have said, I think LCFC does have a bit of a lure to it, compared to the limit of what can be done at some lower league sides.

That is to say that we are punching beneath our weight at the moment which could be attractive to someone looking to prove themselves who was done well with 'lowlier' sides.

As long as we don't end up with John Gregory....

:rolleyes:

The only manager i can think of who i'd be happy with is Dave Penney of Doncastor, i hoped we'd go for him when Micky Adams was sacked. You're kidding yourself if you think we can attract the likes of Bobby Robson.

Bobby out of job right now and we have the potential, but dragging him from retirement could be hard lol

Missed the boat on him matey!!! Don't bother naming potenial replacements, though, because they all get shot down by the Levein delusionists. Or perhaps we should have our own discussion....... It's only a matter of time now. He's a gonner....

Missed the boat on him matey!!! Don't bother naming potenial replacements, though, because they all get shot down by the Levein delusionists. Or perhaps we should have our own discussion....... It's only a matter of time now. He's a gonner....

have to agree, none of the illusionists have been in yet mate feel free to talk, il stick up for u if they join!

They hunt in packs mate, don't have the backbone to stand alone.

It's basically a case of the louder they shout it, the truer it must be.

lol i know iv encountered them, they all got at me in the mcarthy lash out i made lol. wow that was scary!

Up in Kent?

I'm down in Kent mate! Unless you're further south than me!

I can't see whether its still snowing. I'm hoping not to be honest as I need to get a train in to work tomorrow.

As for the new manager, a lot of people are suggesting Penney, who seems to have done a good job with Donny and players attacking, pressing football, which I feel is the way to go in this division.

Back in the day I wanted Jewell in, he's obviously doing well now at Wigan.

Despite Luton's indifferent form of late, i think we could do worse than look at Mike Newell too, but whether he'd want to leave or not, is another kettle of fish.

Penney sounds good and I'd go for that, I'd also say Martin Allen would be a main one for me though. However I'm not sure if he would be a hit with our current players, his hard approach could just push them away from him - Sylla to name an example (being a lazy git).

If David Moyes looses his job I'd hope he'd be an option - although who knows if he would accept a job here, I believe he would but others might think different I guess.

Get shot down.... ha ha ha. What like the list someone came up with the other day??

Who was in it? oh yes... peter reid, claudio ranieri etc. Wonder why they got shot down!!!!

IF Levein goes I would say the board would go for Penney without a doubt.

things are bad for us but they arent that bad. If we went in for him I think we'd get him...

Really, i dont know, i suppose there is potential with the players we have and if he could spot that then he may be up for it :D

I would love penney in charge of the club, he can bring heffernan and thornton with him aswell :D

dave penny sounds ideal, the board should be drawing up ways right now how to finance the switch.

And what if Penney comes in and fails to turn things around in twelve months.

What do you want the board to do then, Sack him? And then sack another bloke 12 months later who takes over from him and fails?

Do we just keep doing this year after year until we get someone who gets us into the playoffs??

Archived