Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

who should come IF/When levein leaves?

If we see an improvement in performances and results, keep him.. if he has 12 months and there is no improvement, get rid.

I can't see him not bringing about an improvement though to be honest.

So every year we pay to get rid of a manager and his backroom staff. Plus all the players he has signed on three year contracts because the new guy doesn't like them.

Jesus.. hope the club don't mind going into admin again.

We need Aladdin and his magic bleeding lamp not a new manager.

And what if Penney comes in and fails to turn things around in twelve months.

What do you want the board to do then, Sack him? And then sack another bloke 12 months later who takes over from him and fails?

Do we just keep doing this year after year until we get someone who gets us into the playoffs??

Its looking that way isn't it :Plol

At the beggining of the season i wanted levein out because i was wanting instant success, however over the past few months i am becoming more of a fan of him, and i genuinely feel we have been lucky alot of the time. We are playing some of the best football we've played in a few years now and weve got some great young players.

Our main problem is a few players who are being repeatedly selected and letting us down, i think as soon as levein realises these players and gets in better replacements things will begin to look better.

He dropped de vries and otu in hume , so what to stop him dropping, sylla kisnorbo and douglas, all i say is give him till the end of febuary before callling for his head:D

That would only be the case if every manager did worse than the previous one.

If you're happy with things as they are, then fair enough. I'm not.

I've never said i'm happy with things... find one post where I have said that!!!! I have said the opposite many times.

I just don't think sacking people every 12 months is the way to go....

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...10896&hl=please

And that is why.

If we see an improvement in performances and results, keep him.. if he has 12 months and there is no improvement, get rid.

I can't see him not bringing about an improvement though to be honest.

yeah, because we're loaded as a club and can afford to pay off a manager a year :rolleyes:

yeah, because we're loaded as a club and can afford to pay off a manager a year :rolleyes:

For all we know we are still paying off Taylor, Bassett and Adams. Plus all their backroom staff. Plus all the players contract we paid off Jones, Benji, Howey, Keown etc etc For varying reasons.

Get shot down.... ha ha ha. What like the list someone came up with the other day??

Who was in it? oh yes... peter reid, claudio ranieri etc. Wonder why they got shot down!!!!

IF Levein goes I would say the board would go for Penney without a doubt.

You're not losing faith are you?

This isn't a post about whether I want Levein to stay or go, to be honest i'm not sure, I'm certainly swaying to the opinion of most and hoping he goes soon, but the question we need to ask if and when Levein goes is not who do we want to come in or who should come in, they question we need to ask is - Who would want to come here?

-Fans seem to have no faith or support in managers or players, Its a vicious circle, We sack a manager, he brings new players, the team and manager need time...Fans give them no time, the manager resign's or gets sacked...and it starts again....

-Why would a manager come to Leicester with the current players on the current deals (i.e - 3 year contracts...but hang don't moan about 3 year contracts...Afterall the problem with Micky is he didn't put players on long term contracts and fans moaned at that :rolleyes:)

-Why would a manager want to come to Leicester with what options are open, No money to buy new players.

The list could go on and on, i'm sure...

Obviously i'm a Leicester fan so it would be a dream to manager Leicester, but if I was a manager, managing for a division 1/2 possibly even 3 side, I would seriously consider coming to manage Leicester, just for the 3 simple examples I have given above, those 3 are just of the top of my head as I have said if I thought about it i'm sure I could produce more examples too....Just why? Why would anyone want to come to Leicester to manage?

Besides, can't see Levein going anyway, The club ain't gonna sack him, They can't afford it, and Why would Levein resign? He's here for another 2 years, If I was him i'd be doing exactly the same - Taking the money!

We're not asking him to build Rome.

Maybe he should fu ck off and try that instead.

Rome's already been built!! :P

I didn't say we were asking him to build Rome, my point was, why be so impatient?

Yes i can understand people's frustration with us not being there or there abouts, but Levein has only been with us for just over a year, and if we did/do go up can anyone realistically say that we woul stay up? I for one thinks not.

Let's see what has happened by the end of February and then start making judgements.

Rome's already been built!! :P

I didn't say we were asking him to build Rome, my point was, why be so impatient?

Yes i can understand people's frustration with us not being there or there abouts, but Levein has only been with us for just over a year, and if we did/do go up can anyone realistically say that we woul stay up? I for one thinks not.

Let's see what has happened by the end of February and then start making judgements.

I agree with thta bit :D, at least let him get his new players and let them settle.

Who knows he might pull out a great signing and everyone can join in the bum licking ;)

I agree with thta bit :D, at least let him get his new players and let them settle.

Who knows he might pull out a great signing and everyone can join in the bum licking ;)

He could sign Wayne Rooney, it wouldn't make him a good motivator or a good tactician.

Occasionally signing a good player is not enough.

To be honest, If the current set of players are strugleling in the Championship, what makes people think a new managers gonne come in and make the players good? That just for starters...IF a new manager comes in and a mircle does happen and we do somehow get promoted, what makes people think we will stay up? And then let me guess when we get relegated from the premiership the fans will want the manager sacked, because if I remember correctly, MOST people loved Micky Adams when we got promoted, Everyone said they would be happy finishing 17th in the premiership - Why did people say that? Because they knew it was gonna be hard to stay up...we got relegated and then alot of fans wanted him sacked. And it'll be the same with a new manager, He will do good stuff...then it'll all turn sour and it'll be time for him to be sacked...

Micky Adams gets the job as manager of Leicester City what is the first thing I read about him written by LCFC fans?

"Ah he's the new MON he'll take us places"

Craig Levein comes in as the new manager of Leicester City what is the first think I read about him written by LCFC fans?

"Ah he's the new MON he'll take us places"

I loved MON and dread to imagine where we would be without him in the first place but in a way I wish we never had him - He was to good to be true and now everyone/most people connected with Leicester City expect (Not want - EXPECT) new managers to emulate the MON era...look...ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN, certainly not at this time anyway!

Many of the current LCFC supporters grew up watching the MON era (Yes, I was one of them, I first got into LCFC when MON took over) but I have learnt MON was too good for us, we will never have a new one, I'm not happy with our current posisition but we're in this shite, and we all gave MON a chance when everyone wanted him sacked...I know this is on a longer scale and CL has been here for a year+ now but lets give him a chance, as I have said before...I can't see the club sacking him - we can't afford it, and CL ain't gonna resign, on the money's hes on would you?

The peoples hero and me are seeing this from the right perspective.

Why are you craig defender's bringing up us expecting playoff's not once have I mentioned and expected that, I just want what craig himself quoted "I expect us to do better then the previous season" which would be around mid table. Now looking at all this rebuilding crap you guys come up with you conveniantly ignore a few things. It looks like joey is likely to go within the next 6 months, there are strong romours williams will leave. Dublin is surely in his last season, rab I feel has a short future with us, nils will probably leave within 6 months also after his fallouts with the manager and finally ryan is on loan so also will be gone end of season. So even with the manager staying there is going to be personnel changes within the team THIS WILL HAPPEN NO MATTER IF WE KEEP CRAIG OR NOT.

You also state "bringing in a new manager would require a miracle to avoid relegation".

How is this so? Craig has now got a run of form, this form is mostly draws at home to weak teams and defeats away, we get a win once in a blue moon and tend to do better against the bigger teams. I feel sheff utd we was very lucky with the timing and only won because pompy had unsettled their manager. The mistakes we make are consistent and we are NOT learning from them, again you have to blame the manager and coaching staff for this, but you guys wont accept this.

A new manager will have new ideas a new tactical know how and will probably want different types of player's to craig but in the first few months (rest of this season) would be using mainly craig's squad, he wont garantuee us staying up I never said he would, but I would fancy my chances with someone new rather then someone who after 12 months is making ZERO progress in terms of results, playing like brazil and failing to score more goals then the opposition does not win me over sorry.

Archived