Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

who should come IF/When levein leaves?

Dave Penney might look a quality replacement for Levein but not yet. Let's see who Levein signs in the transfer window and how that affects our results.

I still want the guy to succeed but if he continues playing people who should never be in the team then he'll be committing a form of managerial suicide and no-one will be able to save him.

The peoples hero and me are seeing this from the right perspective.

Why are you craig defender's bringing up us expecting playoff's not once have I mentioned and expected that, I just want what craig himself quoted "I expect us to do better then the previous season" which would be around mid table. Now looking at all this rebuilding crap you guys come up with you conveniantly ignore a few things. It looks like joey is likely to go within the next 6 months, there are strong romours williams will leave. Dublin is surely in his last season, rab I feel has a short future with us, nils will probably leave within 6 months also after his fallouts with the manager and finally ryan is on loan so also will be gone end of season. So even with the manager staying there is going to be personnel changes within the team THIS WILL HAPPEN NO MATTER IF WE KEEP CRAIG OR NOT.

You also state "bringing in a new manager would require a miracle to avoid relegation".

How is this so? Craig has now got a run of form, this form is mostly draws at home to weak teams and defeats away, we get a win once in a blue moon and tend to do better against the bigger teams. I feel sheff utd we was very lucky with the timing and only won because pompy had unsettled their manager. The mistakes we make are consistent and we are NOT learning from them, again you have to blame the manager and coaching staff for this, but you guys wont accept this.

A new manager will have new ideas a new tactical know how and will probably want different types of player's to craig but in the first few months (rest of this season) would be using mainly craig's squad, he wont garantuee us staying up I never said he would, but I would fancy my chances with someone new rather then someone who after 12 months is making ZERO progress in terms of results, playing like brazil and failing to score more goals then the opposition does not win me over sorry.

:thumbup:

He could sign Wayne Rooney, it wouldn't make him a good motivator or a good tactician.

Occasionally signing a good player is not enough.

SO what happens if he makes a few signings and we start performing well, winning games, and we elevate up the league? Will you admit that you were wrong, i doubt it.

Whereas if we drop into the bottom three by the end of january, i WILL admit that i was was wrong, but i wont admit that i was a Levein bumlicker, because thinking he deserves more time is not bumlicking in my opinion.

Now if levein is sacked, can someone try and tempt O'Neill from temporary retirement. I'll take him ahead of Levein any day :whistle::thumbup:

He could sign Wayne Rooney, it wouldn't make him a good motivator or a good tactician.

Occasionally signing a good player is not enough.

You forget that signing players that particularely "good" (let's say the likes of Rooney are rather in/famous) costs money.

Which we don't have.

So we either get young, promising players on loan or older, established players who are just shy of retirement and whose job it is to be an example for the young ones for about one or two seasons.

There's not much you can do as a manager of Leicester City FC when talking about transfers.

And in all cases, getting new players is always a gamble. You never know what happens once they're in a new surrounding. They can develop in a top-class player (what I can see Hume and Smith becoming) or fail completely (Douglas, Tiatto).

SO what happens if he makes a few signings and we start performing well, winning games, and we elevate up the league? Will you admit that you were wrong, i doubt it.

Whereas if we drop into the bottom three by the end of january, i WILL admit that i was was wrong, but i wont admit that i was a Levein bumlicker, because thinking he deserves more time is not bumlicking in my opinion.

Now if levein is sacked, can someone try and tempt O'Neill from temporary retirement. I'll take him ahead of Levein any day :whistle::thumbup:

If we finish where this squad should finish, which I think is top eight-ish, I'll accept that Levein has done a reasonable job. I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong. I was over the moon a few years ago when we signed John Curtis, but he just didn't do it for us. There have of course been other occasions when I've been way wide of the mark. I'd love for Levein to turn it round. I can't see him walking and we won't sack him so fingers crossed he learns from some of his mistakes, stops making excuses and sorts it out and gets us back up the league!

You forget that signing players that particularely "good" (let's say the likes of Rooney are rather in/famous) costs money.

Which we don't have.

So we either get young, promising players on loan or older, established players who are just shy of retirement and whose job it is to be an example for the young ones for about one or two seasons.

There's not much you can do as a manager of Leicester City FC when talking about transfers.

And in all cases, getting new players is always a gamble. You never know what happens once they're in a new surrounding. They can develop in a top-class player (what I can see Hume and Smith becoming) or fail completely (Douglas, Tiatto).

Did you really think that I thought we could go out and sign Wayne Rooney!?

:D:rolleyes:

I'm sure most of the anti-Levein brigade (including me) will admit they were wrong IF Levein starts taking us up the league, and not just 3-4 places, but somewhere respectable i.e 12th and above.

How can you say that TPH or anyone else won't admit they were wrong? You can't predict the future or know somebody else's mind like that. Just because there are fools like Chandler that never accept they are wrong it doesn't mean the rest of us are like that.

WHEN Levein gets fired Dave Penney or Martin Allen would both be good choices, but I'd go for John Gorman. Great motivator and tactically sound.

Dave Penney.

I know people talk about Martin Allen, and he's done a good job. But the thing that puts me off is most the players he's signed are from non-league, it'll be a bit of a step up. Plus he's too defensive, i'm sure i read at some point Brentford were playing with one man up front, in League 1 :yawn:

They are at the top of League 1 anyway, hopefully he'd prefer to stay if we was interested :cool:

Dave Penney.

I know people talk about Martin Allen, and he's done a good job. But the thing that puts me off is most the players he's signed are from non-league, it'll be a bit of a step up. Plus he's too defensive, i'm sure i read at some point Brentford were playing with one man up front, in League 1 :yawn:

They are at the top of League 1 anyway, hopefully he'd prefer to stay if we was interested :cool:

Martin Allen :thumbup: or Gary Megson :P

dave penney or martin allen for me . i also think jamie redknapp would make a good manager in the future but this club is defenatly not the club to start your managerial career !

also, why is tph getting a fair bit of stick for wanting levein out ! i am in his boat and although its fair to say you cant predict the future and keep replacing managers whats to say the next manager comes here and turns things around .

some fans want levein to stay some want him to go , but at the end of the day were all bloody passionate about this club and we all want us to do well !

dave penny sounds ideal, the board should be drawing up ways right now how to finance the switch.

Make sure you`ve got a few million spare to finance any deal! our chairman is mega rich, we don`t need to get rid of our assets, especially to a going nowhere club like you, i`m sure Sir Dave would rather stay at a progressive club like ourselves, anyway this time next year we`ll be above you in the league lol!

Make sure you`ve got a few million spare to finance any deal! our chairman is mega rich, we don`t need to get rid of our assets, especially to a going nowhere club like you, i`m sure Sir Dave would rather stay at a progressive club like ourselves, anyway this time next year we`ll be above you in the league lol !

:w00t: Probably true!

Make sure you`ve got a few million spare to finance any deal! our chairman is mega rich, we don`t need to get rid of our assets, especially to a going nowhere club like you, i`m sure Sir Dave would rather stay at a progressive club like ourselves, anyway this time next year we`ll be above you in the league lol!

I’m sorry and you are?

Why are you on this forum anyway?

Looking to see who`s after poaching our manager, i have a look around most forums, your not special!

I`m only a friendly visitor and i get a frosty welcome!

Not very friendly for a moderator are you?

Read the thread DOH!

Obviously sarcasm was lost on you ah well, anyway you said this time next year you will be above us in the league, correct me if I am wrong but are you not promoted yet your are still only tenth still a little way to go yet kiddo

Looking to see who`s after poaching our manager, i have a look around most forums, your not special!

I`m only a friendly visitor and i get a frosty welcome!

Not very friendly for a moderator are you?

No he's the worst mod here, very strict. Best not to talk to him :D. Dont want to be banned within an hour of being here :)

Archived