Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bignosher

Should Levein be allowed to spend?

With potential relegation looming and the possibility of him being replaced, should he be allowed to spend any available funds? The majority of his signings are up to standard but for whatever reason have not combined as a team - can we afford to let him squander our lifeline? :blink::blink::huh::huh:

And there is no point in signing a striker. He will play well for the first few games, score a few goals etc. But then when he gets used to CL's tactics and way of thinking, (just like Smith has done), he will be ruined. I'm sure Arsene will be pleased when he gets back a footballer half as talented as he was before Craig wrecked him.

Strikers purchased by Levein:

Mark de Vries

Elvis Hammond

Iain Hume

Stefan Moore

Moore on loan, the rest permanent. We were nearly close to Lovell in the summer, who has just scored ONCE in 10 starts for Aberdeen. I know he was seen as a potential 4th choice striker, but it's simply not good enough.

Can we really invest trust in Levein to find that 'prolific goalscorer' when he's failed miserabely to find that solution thus far?

And there is no point in signing a striker. He will play well for the first few games, score a few goals etc. But then when he gets used to CL's tactics and way of thinking, (just like Smith has done), he will be ruined. I'm sure Arsene will be pleased when he gets back a footballer half as talented as he was before Craig wrecked him.

Completely agree- I made a similar point a few days ago. The mentality of the players is such that they have no confidence in Levein's system and no confidence on the pitch. Our problems are deep rooted - one new striker and a right winger are not going to solve that.

We don't create any chances, so what good is a new striker if they have no service?

With potential relegation looming and the possibility of him being replaced, should he be allowed to spend any available funds? The majority of his signings are up to standard but for whatever reason have not combined as a team - can we afford to let him squander our lifeline? :blink::blink::huh::huh:

Would it matter if we didnt want him to spend our money? Unless we mount a massive campaign extremely quickly, the board can sanction funds.

The basis of the squad is generally good, we have some cracking players BUT are not being used to their full potential, they are quite clearly not being motivated and some are being forced to play out of position. Look at Ryan Smith, full of energy and life and now look at him - you can tell by his performances of late that hes lost his soul playing in that side.

So no, I dont think CL should be allowed to spend, the players we've got are decent enough we need someone in to get them going again, I dont know who, I have no answers. I cant believe im saying this, ive backed CL to the hilt but I cant take it anymore I feel like a traitor, this is so depressing :(

The basis of the squad is generally good, we have some cracking players BUT are not being used to their full potential, they are quite clearly not being motivated and some are being forced to play out of position. Look at Ryan Smith, full of energy and life and now look at him - you can tell by his performances of late that hes lost his soul playing in that side.

So no, I dont think CL should be allowed to spend, the players we've got are decent enough we need someone in to get them going again, I dont know who, I have no answers. I cant believe im saying this, ive backed CL to the hilt but I cant take it anymore I feel like a traitor, this is so depressing :(

Spot on. Smith is evidence that Levein has lost the players backing. They are all out of sorts and heavily lacking confidence, I can't see how he can turn it around.

I don't like how he moans that ne needs to find the right players without splashing out. So you pay £250,000 for Gilbert? and then play him about 3 times. Then you spend about £300,000 on Hammond despite him not scoring a goal in his career and after he has played about 2 games for 10 minutes on the wing, where he can show his speed.

Don't give us this shite Levein, you've spent money, and poorly

Strikers purchased by Levein:

Mark de Vries

Elvis Hammond

Iain Hume

Stefan Moore

Moore on loan, the rest permanent. We were nearly close to Lovell in the summer, who has just scored ONCE in 10 starts for Aberdeen. I know he was seen as a potential 4th choice striker, but it's simply not good enough.

Can we really invest trust in Levein to find that 'prolific goalscorer' when he's failed miserabely to find that solution thus far?

I am not defending him but I just thought of a thing linked to this. All strikers that Levien bought in the past is mostly young players that Levien want to develop their potentials but now Levien just want instant player who don't need developing and can score.So what I am saying is I think there is a chance of Levien hitting jackpot as he haven't attempt sign a proven striker

Completely agree- I made a similar point a few days ago. The mentality of the players is such that they have no confidence in Levein's system and no confidence on the pitch. Our problems are deep rooted - one new striker and a right winger are not going to solve that.

We don't create any chances, so what good is a new striker if they have no service ?

To be fair we must create a few chances if we are top of the shots charts?

He wont get sacked and the board will giv him the money if the signings he wants make the board think we will stay up. The board gave money for Hammond so make your own conclusions!

It's a riskier business for the board now. Up to now they have simply backed their appointed manager (and would have been wrong not to do so). But they've now seen the consequences and continuing that backing puts their own judgement on the block. I'm NOT saying they would be wrong to do so. I have published my opinion honestly and unambiguously but it could be wrong. They must make their own judgement and I hope they judge correctly whether that makes a mug of me or not.

It's a riskier business for the board now. Up to now they have simply backed their appointed manager (and would have been wrong not to do so). But they've now seen the consequences and continuing that backing puts their own judgement on the block. I'm NOT saying they would be wrong to do so. I have published my opinion honestly and unambiguously but it could be wrong. They must make their own judgement and I hope they judge correctly whether that makes a mug of me or not.

What is your opinion Thracian? I've been away for a few weeks and before then I think me and you were in the same boat and were backing Levein, i'm not now!!!!!

Look at Ryan Smith, full of energy and life and now look at him - you can tell by his performances of late that hes lost his soul playing in that side.

That wasnt the case v norwich. I saw him take players on, flick the ball inteligently away from an oncoming player, all the usual. Hes had a tad injury in the last week, and you have to remember, hes worth millions, but not to us. If we fuvk him up, arsol wenger wont lend us anymore good players...

manwell: "What gets me about the Hammond Signing is it was totally stupid. We had him on loan till Januray there was no need to sign him. He's rush tp buy him really did show his inexperince in a way."

Did we need a loan player, or a committed player?

Archived