Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rumours For New Managers

I doubt that is true at all, not to say Newell wasn't at the ground today but the chances of him giving you the thumbs up are about as remote as piss stains being attractive.

i was in the car an he was in the car park as we drove past i gave the normal reaction ot someone looking at me and kissed the badge he dint smile but he put his thumb up to acknowledge me when he gets the job apolagise to me flair

I doubt that is true at all, not to say Newell wasn't at the ground today but the chances of him giving you the thumbs up are about as remote as piss stains being attractive.

...remote as piss stains being attractive...I have a wonderful tie dyed effect shirt fashioned from piss stains and therefore suggest your protestations are flawed sir !!!

I saw Newell (all kitted out in the Leicester kit!) and Birch have a kick around this afternoon at the Walkers. Dunno if this means anything but we will have to wait and see...paitience is a virtue! lol

That's not exactly according to the BBC is it? they're just relaying another spurious claim from some right-wing mid-market tabloid

EDIT: sorry missed the according to the gossip column sub-title

EDIT: riiiiiight....none of this now makes sense since the thread was stuck in here....blah

It's not Joey's dad:

Thor staying at Meadow Lane

Notts County manager Gudjon Thordarson has admitted he did have talks with Leicester City - but insists is now fully commited to staying with the Magpies.

Thordarson has been linked with the vacant post at the Walkers Stadium since the Foxes parted company with Craig Levein two weeks ago.

But, while the Icelander has admitted that - along with a number of other managers - he has spoken about the position, it appears that he has now missed out on the Foxes hotseat for the second time.

“The negotiations between myself and Leicester are finished and will not be taken further," the County boss is quoted as saying in the Icelandic media.

"I will therefore not be taking over the reins at Leicester and will now strive to be a success here at Notts County.â€Â

Thordarson had been touted as a near-certainty for the job by BBC Radio Nottingham's Colin Slater, but the Championship outfit may now decide to stick with Caretaker boss Rob Kelly.

"They did not offer me the job but we had some interesting and serious discussions," added Thordarson.

"But it did not go any further than that. We spoke but they said that they would be looking elsewhere this time around.

"After speaking to my lawyer the Leicester board decided I was not right for the job at this moment in time."

Luton Town's Mike Newell and Burnley's Steve Cotterill have both turned down the job, but suspended QPR chief Ian Holloway still hopes to land the position.

Thordarson has two and a half years left on his contract at Meadow Lane and has today also spoke of his unhappiness with the club's training facilities.

http://www.nottscounty-mad.co.uk/news/load...=TMNW&id=266725

Or Tilson:

TILSON FLATTERED BY SPECULATION

MANAGER Steve Tilson was flattered this week to read about his name being linked to the vacant managers job at Leciester City but insisted he is 100% committed to Southend United.

Newspaper speculation had supposedly put the 39-year-olds name on a shortlist and in the frame for the Walkers Stadium hot seat after the Foxes sacked Craig Levin.

However, with United continuing to push for promotion Tilson wants to be around as the Blues aim towards the Championship themselves.

Tilson told World TV: "It is always nice to read and to hear things like that. However, at the end of the day Southend are going well and I am just concentrating on the job in hand here.

"The players are getting results and they are going out and getting three points so it is them that are being noticed really.

"Everybody has been tremendous this season and hopefully that will continue."

Luton Town's Mike Newell rejected the job yesterday after he met with the Championship strugglers on two occasions.

Former QPR boss Ian Holloway is the favourite to be named the new manager after he was axed of his duties at Loftus Road having seaked permission to speak to the Leicester board.

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/...0.html?ptvParm=

sent an e-mail yesterday saying that i still do not want holloway here even though we have been through every manager in this division and none of them want to come here.

maybe tims keyboard is broken after all the replys these last few weeks but got no reply :blush: damn , after three e-mails ive become a cyber pest :o

sent an e-mail yesterday saying that i still do not want holloway here even though we have been through every manager in this division and none of them want to come here.

maybe tims keyboard is broken after all the replys these last few weeks but got no reply :blush: damn , after three e-mails ive become a cyber pest :o

Crap.... it's gonna be him isn't it.

:cry:

Whats Penney ever done?

Since taking over Doncaster in 2002 he has guided them from the Conference to League One, they now sit 15th in League One. He has also turned Donnie into giant-killers, they knocked out Villa and Man City in the Carling Cup this season and so nearly beat Arsenal.

Archived