Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Katy

Neil Lennon

GTFox on another forum has come up with a fantastic rumour.

Lennon as player/manager with Lawrie Sanchez as assistant (probably still doing his Northern Ireland job aswell) with Walford and Taggart as coaches aswell.

Hume to start on saturday.

Sweet One.

The only way to improve on that would be o'neill as director of football. I could see us ruling the world with that management, champoins league winners by 2010!

Damn, that means it'll never happen. :(

He got the Connolly one right, but other than that he's talked shite.

He wasn't even spreading it as a rumour if you read it.

It probably won't happen anyway but it's nice to have a dream, it's horrible waiting for a new manager to be put in place.

I like O'Neill as manager and Lennon as player/assistant manager.

Maybe we could get Jesus in as director of football, Mother Theresa and Florence Nightingale as physios and Miles Davis to replace Henry while we're at it.

PS - You have to ridicule it. Then it might happen. Sweet baby Jesus (director of football), please anything but Peter Reid (the Championship version of Graeme Souness - i.e. how on earth is he still getting jobs?)

It's a great thought. MON and Lennon were exceptionally close for amny years, and Lennon has the potential to be a great manager.

The main sticking point seems to be timing. Lennon would have to give up his dream of captaining Celtic to the League Title and the deal would have to be done before the Window shuts for him to be allowed to play.

It's a mighty good daydream though, it's the first prospectibve manager that has got generated any enthusiasm. Maybe a caretaker for the rest of the season, the Neil Lennon in the summer?

Simon

Is anyone actually going to e-mail Tim about it, I'm considering but I don't want to sound too much like a looney. The point of him possibly having to come before the transfer window closes is a good one.

what's his email address again? I will be sending 5 or so.

GTFox on another forum has come up with a fantastic rumour.

Lennon as player/manager with Lawrie Sanchez as assistant (probably still doing his Northern Ireland job aswell) with Walford and Taggart as coaches aswell.

Hume to start on saturday.

Sweet One.

which forum is this?

Leicester are back

Leicester are back :whistle:

Lawrie Sanchez is a lower league manager. Who is living on beating England and us in the F.A cup. Only got the Nothern Ireland job because nobody wanted it.

<_<

I think you will find that Lawrie is one of the most respected coaches in the game, still don't let that mere fact get in the way of your ignorance.

Dunno if this was mentioned before, but the story itself has made it's way onto BBC Sport

Neil Lennon's agent says the Celtic captain would be interested in the vacant manager's post at Leicester.

Martin Reilly told BBC Sport: "Neil has a special place in his heart for Leicester and he has never hidden his desire to move into management.

"But for now he is concentrating on winning the league with Celtic."

Leicester chief executive Tim Davies told BBC Sport: "Neil is a hero down here and all things will be considered, but the search is at an early stage."

The Foxes dismissed former Hearts boss Craig Levein on Wednesday and are third from bottom in the Championship.

Lennon, 34, is out of contract in the summer, having arrived at Celtic from Leicester in a £6m move in 2000.

Lennon helped Leicester win promotion to the Premiership, won the League Cup twice and played in the Uefa Cup.

Source

Totally, totally unrelated point ... there's 5 more days left in the transfer window ;)

Lennon/Robertson/Walford is the dream team for me, with Lennon as player as well..

But I don't think emailing Tim is the way to do it. I don't want to pester the board into hiring a fan favourite who may not actually be best for the job ;)

I think the board have more skills in picking a manager than I/we do... even if they did pick Levein.

Theres no doubt about it, i`d have neil lennon down here as a player, in a footballing flash! But player manager, have you all gone stark raving mad?

We are third bottom, we cannot afford to have someone who hasnt made a mistake managerially, who WILL make a mistake (and learn from them) and the mistake could then be relegation!

Lennon as player coach, yes, but not player manager, its fantasy football folks.

I want nigel clough, or mike newell, either will do.

Both have enough managerial experience for us.

Both young, weve got a young squad.

Both play the game in which our players have the potential play.

Both have passion for the game, and a desire to WIN!

Both were attacking players, and we need guidence to score.

Lennon/Robertson/Walford is the dream team for me, with Lennon as player as well..

But I don't think emailing Tim is the way to do it. I don't want to pester the board into hiring a fan favourite who may not actually be best for the job ;)

I think the board have more skills in picking a manager than I/we do... even if they did pick Levein.

Agreed.

The reasons Neil Lennon is not a ridiculous choice are as follows:

1 - Great footballer, with a great footballing brain.

2 - Played at the highest level domesticaly and can still do it.

3 - Played for the Club and knows what is needed.

4 - The respect levels from the younger players would be through the roof.

5 - He could easily bring in an experienced backroom team.

6 - He would be a cheap option.

7 - He knows plenty of the squad just now.

8 - Better option than any other name mentioned at the minute.

9 - Biggest crowd of the season for his first game back.

10 - Gets the Leicester public back onside in a big way.

11 - He might get Gerry back to kick the cr*p out of the underperforming nancy-boys.

The negatives are this:

A - Inexperienced.

B - Liked a bevy, would he have the discipline?

C - Tim Davies is an idiot and would hire my mate Chris Lennon.

D - Paul Lambert, great player like Lennon - really struggling at Livingston and he has his badges.

E - He might bring Bobo Balde with him

Archived