Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Katy

Neil Lennon

Just been discussing this with Cobbo now and Lennon seems like an even better idea... We all know there is a possibility of us going down, think how differently you'll feel if Lennon was in charge and if Reid (for example) was in charge. Obviously devastated about is going down, but go down under Lennon and there would still be good will towards him, we'd know we'd tried our best and we'd know we would have gone down with people who love the club trying their hardest to keep us up, and we might even want to keep Lennon on in League One... Go down under Reid, and it'll be going down under a guy who doesn't care much for our club, who just wanted another pay check, who'd just as happily take a job anywhere else, who we might not want to keep in League One.

Obviously the idea is to stay up! But I'd say Reid and Lennon have about as good a chance as each other at that.

I think I might have gone mad.

Players that went into management too soon and screwed up:

McClintock (with us)

Cottee (Barnet)

Levein (should have waited until his luck changed....aged 94)

Claridge (Pooroldpompey, Weymouth, Millwall....)

Bobby Charlton (bombed at Preston)

However, managers that succeeded with no managerial/coaching experience to speak of:

Dalgleish

Can anyone else think of any more?

coleman at fulham?

I dunno myself. I think once he gets his management training and such behind him he would make an excellent manager. Big personality and I bet he'd be someone who wouldn't take any crap.. Its just the experience thing isn't it. I wouldn't be against him coming down here as an assistant manager to someone but I'm not sure about the main post. It's a big gamble to put someone in charge with no experience but hey Man City did it and Stuart Pearce has turned out to be a fantastic manager.. although atleast he had been assistant before... =/

Players that went into management too soon and screwed up:

McClintock (with us)

Cottee (Barnet)

Levein (should have waited until his luck changed....aged 94)

Claridge (Pooroldpompey, Weymouth, Millwall....)

Bobby Charlton (bombed at Preston)

However, managers that succeeded with no managerial/coaching experience to speak of:

Dalgleish

Can anyone else think of any more?

Paul Jewell, Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Glenn Hoddle.........

Use to happen more in the past, I believe Matt Gillies went straight into Managing/Coaching with LCFC after playing for them. Mind you I didn't take much interest in managers in those days, in fact I don't recall managers getting much of a mention in the media, such that it was.

Use to happen more in the past, I believe Matt Gillies went straight into Managing/Coaching with LCFC after playing for them. Mind you I didn't take much interest in managers in those days, in fact I don't recall managers getting much of a mention in the media, such that it was.

It was archaic - getting the Buff out in Albion Street!.

What have John Robertson & Steve Walford been doing since they left Celtic with MON ? We know MON has been a good Christian chap and looked after his wife, but what have the other 2 ex-Foxes been doing - have they been involved in footie in any way, have they moved back to civilisation - or are still in Jockland - does anyone know ?!

This talk of Neil L for manager, does it involve either JR or SW - I have seen Robertson mentioned as a 'mentor' for Lennon (who presumably would be a Player/ Manager/Coach if he came - great to have him as a player at least !) in one message board. Is that true - where has it appeared /

Personally I think NL would only be suitable, IF he came with an experienced Coach.

I do like the idea of Lennon managing and possibly playing, with the obvious inclusion of experience alongside him. I was a bit sceptical at first, but having read this thread a little earlier, it's growing on me, like it has even with the most sensible and reasoned people on this forum. :o:blush::ph34r::D;)

Only problem with Lennon being manager centres around him holding no coaching badges - I thought you're required to have these before becoming a manager?

I do like the idea of Lennon managing and possibly playing, with the obvious inclusion of experience alongside him. I was a bit sceptical at first, but having read this thread a little earlier, it's growing on me, like it has even with the most sensible and reasoned people on this forum. :o:blush::ph34r::D;)

Only problem with Lennon being manager centres around him holding no coaching badges - I thought you're required to have these before becoming a manager?

I'm pretty sure that only applies to the Premiership at the moment. :thumbup:

Archived