Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Katy

Neil Lennon

Hmm just read on teletext that Neil Lennons agent says that Lenny is interested in being Leicesters next manager. I dont know what to think of that to be honest :cry:

Mods/Admin: Please feel free to merge this if you see fit, I know theres a lot of threads going round about who our next manager will be but I thought this one was particularly interesting :ermm:

Lennon linked with Leicester job

Neil Lennon's agent says the Celtic midfielder would be interested in the vacant manager's post at Leicester.

Martin Reilly told BBC Sport: "Neil has a special place in his heart for Leicester and he has never hidden his desire to move into management.

"But for now he is concentrating on winning the league with Celtic."

Leicester chief executive Tim Davies told BBC Sport: "Neil is a hero down here and all things will be considered, but the search is at an early stage."

The Foxes dismissed former Hearts boss Craig Levein on Wednesday and are third from bottom in the Championship.

Lennon, 34, is out of contract in the summer, having arrived at Celtic from Leicester in a £6m move in 2000.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/4650708.stm

It's a nice thought but extremely risky.

No managment / coaching experience.

No current knowledge of this league and it's player.

He could be player manager but would need a very able assistant.

Where Wesolowski play? ;)

Hmm just read on teletext that Neil Lennons agent says that Lenny is interested in being Leicesters next manager. I dont know what to think of that to be honest :cry:

Mods/Admin: Please feel free to merge this if you see fit, I know theres a lot of threads going round about who our next manager will be but I thought this one was particularly interesting :ermm:

Your'e right it's a talking point on it's own. :)

Well he'd know plenty about OUR players! :D

We desperately need an experienced midfielder and he fits the bill to a tee. He'd also be a very useful mentor to Weso, more so than Williams or Kisnorbo.

But as a manager, he'd be a big risk.

And with Roy Keane's recent record of injuries, I can't see Strachan letting him go!

Alongside him. ;):thumbup:

I don't usually let my heart rule my head.... BUT.... What a dream that would be.

Lennie as player manager with an experienced head next to him, similar to the Ireland setup with Staunton and Robson. A manager who loves the club and a leader on the pitch we need so badly.

Well I think anything that leads to Neil Lennon getting back into the Leicester engine room can't be bad.

Same here.

Obviously someone with a more reasoned opinion than mine could come up with numerous reasons why he would be a massive gamble, I suppose it's the same with Walsh. But Lennon coming back as a manager and as a player intrigues me. Wise did it at Millwall and did fairly well, both similar types of players. I would like an experienced coach alongside him like Robertson and Walford.

I'd love it.

Same here.

Obviously someone with a more reasoned opinion than mine could come up with numerous reasons why he would be a massive gamble, I suppose it's the same with Walsh. But Lennon coming back as a manager and as a player intrigues me. Wise did it at Millwall and did fairly well, both similar types of players. I would like an experienced coach alongside him like Robertson and Walford.

I'd love it.

I don't see it hampering Weso's devlopment to much either. a ageing Lennon wouldnt be able to play every game, this move would also spell the end for Kisnorbo in a defensive midfiled role, can't be bad. Even at 34 Lennon would eat this legue up for a couple of seasons yet at least. I'm very much a beliver that a very good manager has to of played under a very good manager, or at least worked with one. O'Neil played under Clough and Lennon played under O'Neil.

I'll admit to going with my heart instead of my head here. He may not be the answer, in fact its probabley a horrible risk, but like Ric, I would love it.

Wouldn't we have to appoint him before february as player/manager in order for him to play though? thats probabley to fast.

Well if Lennon does come back he may be able to twist sir martins arm and get him back until the end of the season aswell. (sorry i got a bit carried away there!!)

Was just thinking the same. It's an absolutely ridiculous idea but for some reason I actually believe it might happen. Have I gone mad or are we due a miracle? The O'Neill Years were better than a miracle and it was fairytale stuff, perhaps a sequal has just been published?

I'd take Lennon on his own, he's a motivator on the pitch and we need one.

Well he'd know plenty about OUR players! :D

We desperately need an experienced midfielder and he fits the bill to a tee. He'd also be a very useful mentor to Weso, more so than Williams or Kisnorbo.

But as a manager, he'd be a big risk.

And with Roy Keane's recent record of injuries, I can't see Strachan letting him go!

he's out off contract in the summer and i doubt strachen would stand in his way if he were offered the job

Archived