Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City_4_Life

Is anybody bothered?

.....about going out of the F.A. cup?

I aint going to hide it i was gutted when southampton's goal went in, :( but are you bothered that we have been knocked out of the cup, with the league being more important and now we can concentrate on that.

The fact it was the FA Cup only means that we didn't 'lose 3 points'. The fans desperately need something to cheer about. Unlike the Spurs game, the atmosphere at the Walkers filtered through on the radio as being like that in a morgue. It can't have done the confidence of the players any good either that they concede a cruel late goal against a team that has been doing arguably as bad as us. They and the fans can just ask themselves what the higher powers have against us...

That's just another example that you need experienced players in the side. We're paying the penalty for the Board/Levein's half baked strategy of going down the wet behind the ears route. And all you fans who didn't like Micky Adam's approach still can't see it can you?

Concentration on the league is always the first excuse of defeat/not being included in the next round, i hate it when people need it. Today i saw a team that has potential to win, but hell do they need confidence! Wins bring confidence, losing today will not just be forgotten, there is no way you can be happy or not bothered that we lost.

Of course I'm bothered!! The guy on the radio said it isn't the worst that could have happened but under MoN we never went more than two games without a result. It definitely is a confidence and habit thing - a win in a game where the pressure is not the same can only be good for them- losing becomes expected and if we don't break the cycle somehow we're doomed.

I can't quite believe how depressing this is

I dont see how it means we can concentrate on the league more.

Proffessional footballers should be able to realise:

The league is much more important at this time and need to give 110%.

But - Why not have a good cup run?? It doesnt hurt anyone and can only boost confidence.

They should think, we are not doing well in the league so we will give it our all but we still would like to do well in the cup. Dont tell me a player cant play in the cup and the league at the same time??

That's just another example that you need experienced players in the side. We're paying the penalty for the Board/Levein's half baked strategy of going down the wet behind the ears route. And all you fans who didn't like Micky Adam's approach still can't see it can you?

Something in between would be better, Ironic that it tends to be the older player that are letting us down though.

To be honest I was a bit pissed off when the goal went in but I didnt feel to down about it. I love the FA cup as much as the next person and last seasons run was amazing but we have to concentrate on the league this season. We saw last season how a cup run can disrupt the league performances what with defeats against Forest and the likes.

What I was more bothered about was the fact that I was charged £20 to watch two lousy sides compete to see who was the worst!

The game was there for the taking, certainly a replay; the money would have been very useful and it would have given any new manager the chance to experiment/learn about the team without the pressure of points. So for me it was a MASSIVE missed opportunity.

The game was there for the taking, certainly a replay; the money would have been very useful and it would have given any new manager the chance to experiment/learn about the team without the pressure of points. So for me it was a MASSIVE missed opportunity.

Completely agree. instead of stopping the rot we now have 7 defeats in a row. no good for the players or fans.

Something in between would be better, Ironic that it tends to be the older player that are letting us down though.

I think it was another experienced player who was daydreaming and let the ball go over his head. If that had been Sheehan he'd have been lynched. But as it wasn't Rob Kelly's not bothered.

It was basically a game of three clear cut chances and had Elvis took his we'd almost certainly have won. He didn't because he's not a natural striker. We've known that all season, the same with Hume, but we've done nothing about it. It's like we've got a death wish. Same goes for right wingers. The transfer window's been open and we've done nothing, not even shed some dead wood apart from Wilcox.

I think it was another experienced player who was daydreaming and let the ball go over his head. If that had been Sheehan he'd have been lynched. But as it wasn't Rob Kelly's not bothered.

I think it was Gerrbrand who made the mistake from what I could see and he was getting well and truly lynched by McCarthy. Gerrbrand will know his made a mistake, not his first of the season but he's not the only one to have made one this season by a long stretch.

It was basically a game of three clear cut chances and had Elvis took his we'd almost certainly have won. He didn't because he's not a natural striker. We've known that all season, the same with Hume, but we've done nothing about it. It's like we've got a death wish. Same goes for right wingers. The transfer window's been open and we've done nothing, not even shed some dead wood apart from Wilcox.

Who do you think we should've "shed"? The majority of players are on three year deals and CL signed them so it wasn't very likely that he would get rid of anyone really.

I'm gutted that the game was so shit.

But I got in on a kids ticket so I'm not so gutted.

Last minute goals are such a bastard though, I could have kicked the shite out of those Saints fans singing 1-0 to the southerners when they walked past us :mad:

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

It was Gerrbrand who made the mistake - he's hardly 'experienced'. He didn't get lynched because it was a cup match and therefore points were not lost. Further, Gerrbrand did not recklessly get himself sent off and hinder the team, unlike your beloved Sheehan.

Why do you feel the need to keep harping on about how Sheehan would've been lynched if he'd done this, that or the other?

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

It was Gerrbrand who made the mistake - he's hardly 'experienced'. He didn't get lynched because it was a cup match and therefore points were not lost. Further, Gerrbrand did not recklessly get himself sent off and hinder the team, unlike your beloved Sheehan.

Why do you feel the need to keep harping on about how Sheehan would've been lynched if he'd done this, that or the other?

AI agree with Thrac that weshould be playing our young ones as much as possible. On the negative side is the fact they may do stupid rash things that more experienced player wouldn't. However on the positve you would have players like Sheehan and Weslowski that would give their all for the Club and the Soccer future. They have been here what 4 years and I would rather have those types in my squad any day. It must be absolutely insulting to Sheehan that these lunatics pick people for Left Back that don't even want to be thereAs for Weso watching our underperforming midfielders, and also a right back come left back who's been out of form play ahead of him,well that must really make those 2 start to wonder what their doing here. Get rid of Kelly as soon as and let our new Manager pick those that want to be in for the fight to suvive, not just our so called 'experienced' players that don't really give a shite at all.

AI agree with Thrac that weshould be playing our young ones as much as possible. On the negative side is the fact they may do stupid rash things that more experienced player wouldn't. However on the positve you would have players like Sheehan and Weslowski that would give their all for the Club and the Soccer future. They have been here what 4 years and I would rather have those types in my squad any day. It must be absolutely insulting to Sheehan that these lunatics pick people for Left Back that don't even want to be thereAs for Weso watching our underperforming midfielders, and also a right back come left back who's been out of form play ahead of him,well that must really make those 2 start to wonder what their doing here. Get rid of Kelly as soon as and let our new Manager pick those that want to be in for the fight to suvive, not just our so called 'experienced' players that don't really give a shite at all.

Understand the frustration with reference to Weso but the lad has just come back from 6 months out with a broken leg !!!!!! Do you think it's wise to play the lad in a relatively unimportant Cup match or as part of a hugely meaningful game on Tuesday at QPR bearing in mind his fitness level ?

I'm gutted that the game was so shit.

But I got in on a kids ticket so I'm not so gutted.

Last minute goals are such a bastard though, I could have kicked the shite out of those Saints fans singing 1-0 to the southerners when they walked past us :mad:

And they wonder why their fans coach got smashed? They say it was propbally a small minority of our fans, but every club has them and southampton does too.. they provoked it..

Archived