Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Janx

Dublin Gone

Dublin Exit

Rob Kelly has today confirmed that Dion Dublin has had his Leicester City contract cancelled by mutual consent.

Dublin had missed Saturday's FA Cup fourth round clash against Southampton with an Achilles injury - although Kelly had indicated that had the player been fit he would have featured in his squad.

But the 36-year-old reached an agreement to leave the club over the weekend - with a move to Celtic now being muted by the press.

Kelly said: "I knew that Dion was finishing with the club over the weekend. I have only found out a very short time ago that he might be going to Celtic. I wish him good luck if that is where her goes.

"Dion wasn't quite fit to play on Saturday otherwise he would have been part of it. Then, over the weekend, I was made aware that Dion maybe leaving the club. I then spoke to Dion and he told me that it was nothing personal and his mind was made up. It didn't matter to him whether it was me or anyone else in charge - that was the course of action he was going to take.

"He is a terrific individual and a terrific pro. He is very popular and it a very good example for young players. Whatever Dion decides to do I wish him good luck."

Dublin wishes to go on record to thank the Foxes for their assistance in helping the deal to go through smoothly. The player has also stressed that he wanted to move to Celtic regardless of who was appointed as the next City manager.

Dublin joined City on a free transfer from Aston Villa in July 2004 and scored six goals during his first season with the club - including the winner in the 2-1 FA Cup fifth round victory over Charlton Athletic at The Valley.

He made a total of 15 starts for Leicester during the 2005-06 campaign, but failed to find the net.

i certainly beat you to this by one minute - although you have more text, although ricey has a link.

eh? mine says 2.02 yours says 2.03 so how do you work that one out.... not that it matters :ph34r:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bugger

:angry::cry::angry::cry:

do you think he fell out with levein then and didnt want to work with kelly ?

Very odd, also proves what an absolute twaaat he really was anyway. If he cared that much about his beloved home town club he would have stayed. New manager, clean slate and he could of helped keep us up but no of he goes for a few extra quid.

Moron.

Confirms what i've said all along.

willy puller

Good Riddance!

Drop down a league Dion, you may still be able to hack it in L1

I DEMAND the GLORY RIghtly attributed to being the fastest to read, cut and paste a story from the OS Site!!

What a scoop, insightful journalism at its best...I should be working for the Daily Planet! :P:thumbup::whistle:

thats our old head gone he was a battler when he played but now it seems we have got to stick with erm erm well i cant think of anyone that experienced still at the club. It seems as if craig was trying to turn us into club 18-30.

I am a firm believer that you need a decent old player to show the young guys respect dublin did that now he has gone who do we have.?

definately not douglas

Well done city :thumbup:

thank you Mods, thats a first and last for me!

In response to the Dublin thing, dya reckon he chucked his hat in the ring for the Managers job and got pissed off with the knockback...?

the fact he is local means nothing to me! Players can come from Timbuktoo or the moon for all I care and so can the Manager ... as long as we progress....

Dublin has been a thorn in the side for too long, frankly I think as soon as he started playing at the back full time, he had lost his place.

I dont believe that anyone can change position succesfully having played for the majority of their career up front. Different animals...right that shoudl stir up plenty of anorak examples of those that have done... Paul Warhurst etc......but then again, he was never good up front.

thats our old head gone he was a battler when he played but now it seems we have got to stick with erm erm well i cant think of anyone that experienced still at the club. It seems as if craig was trying to turn us into club 18-30.

I am a firm believer that you need a decent old player to show the young guys respect dublin did that now he has gone who do we have.?

definately not douglas

Well done city :thumbup:

Well if he wanted to go, you can;t keep him can you. And he's probably one of our higher earners, so put's us in a better position to pay the new gaffer a decent wage.

Thank Christ for that, he was without doubt a complete and utter chancer who has done nothing but fleece this Club of thousands and pounds for the last 18 months. I bet Tim Davies is feeling kind of sheepish now as the big hometown superstar, the man he insisted we re-sign, has buggered off.

He'll get savaged int he SPL and the Celtic fans won't take to him for one minute, a replacement for Sutton lol lol lol lol lol It's Ian Wright and John Barnes all over again lol

His presence in the dressing room will be missed for sure, in a time where we need people who have been in relegation battles before to advise and keep the heads of the younger lads he goes and Jumps ship, I think the he should have waited till the end of the season.

Archived