Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc true blue josh 18

o grady

quite a while back i started a topic about chris and why he should come back,well he has came back and looks very good indeed.

with mark de vries out the way maybe he will get more of a chance upfront, and i was delighted when he came on for the last 20+ mins last night, also he looked good in the warm, up against southampton, maybe with kelly in charge he along with others will get more of a chance

quite a while back i started a topic about chris and why he should come back,well he has came back and looks very good indeed.

with mark de vries out the way maybe he will get more of a chance upfront, and i was delighted when he came on for the last 20+ mins last night, also he looked good in the warm, up against southampton, maybe with kelly in charge he along with others will get more of a chance

at least the guy plays with some heart & passion. Not sure if he can handle a starting position.

agree with the above. not yet ready to start but was very impressive when he came on. Very direct player, puts himself about. Far better sub to bring on than bloody elvis who i dont rate at all

I said O'Grady should have been involved against Saints but at least there seems more hope for him than Sheehan. Nils leads a charmed life IMO. It was a great win last night but Nils was just as iffy as ever conceding a free-kick that led to their equaliser as well. Sheehan did get a mention from Kelly for travelling down so at least he still alive. But what a diabolical waste of ability. A great partner opposite Stearman and we continue with iffy Eric.

I said O'Grady should have been involved against Saints but at least there seems more hope for him than Sheehan. Nils leads a charmed life IMO. It was a great win last night but Nils was just as iffy as ever conceding a free-kick that led to their equaliser as well. Sheehan did get a mention from Kelly for travelling down so at least he still alive. But what a diabolical waste of ability. A great partner opposite Stearman and we continue with iffy Eric.

I agree! But just because he gave a free-kick away doesn't mean he's iffy, all defenders give numerous free-kicks away each game. It's the fact that they didn't defend the free-kick well enough.

Kelly has said he doesn't want to play players out of position but then plays 3 out of position in Nils at left back, Maybury right wing and Hughes left wing.

I agree! But just because he gave a free-kick away doesn't mean he's iffy, all defenders give numerous free-kicks away each game. It's the fact that they didn't defend the free-kick well enough.

Kelly has said he doesn't want to play players out of position but then plays 3 out of position in Nils at left back, Maybury right wing and Hughes left wing.

Didn't Kelly persuade CL to buy nils from blackburn? Maybe he's RK's version of maybs, kisnorbo or deep freeze - never gonna drop him. I fear for Sheehan's chances the longer RK stays

apparently nils eric is the most casual, laid back bloke in the world. thats why he fell out of favour with levein for a time.

ive got to say he wouldnt be my number 1 choice for centre half alongside mccarthy. would maybe choose kisnorbo ahead of him also. sheehan's definitely worth a go but can we risk too much youth given the tricky situation we are in?

I'm told that Sheehan was in line for a start against Plyouth but he got sent home due to the fact that he was throwing water around the hotel.

I'm told that Sheehan was in line for a start against Plyouth but he got sent home due to the fact that he was throwing water around the hotel.

This is so preposterous it just has to be true except that being sent home from Plymouth is a bit of a mission

This is so preposterous it just has to be true except that being sent home from Plymouth is a bit of a mission

Yes, but with such a long journey, this would give him to think about his actions.

He has also turned down an offer of a new contract, as he believes he should be playing in the premiership.

Yes, but with such a long journey, this would give him to think about his actions.

He has also turned down an offer of a new contract, as he believes he should be playing in the premiership.

Has he really? Sounds like he's a bit too big for his boots, like another left back we once had. I've seen him out a few times and he definately walks around with that sort of attitude. Shame as he's a very talented, but where he's got that he should be playing in the premiership is beyond me. Do you know when his contract is up?

HHAHAHAA, thats a larf. Does he not remember the Crewe game. People like Thrac inflating his ego, thats why he thinks he's good enough for the premier league, someone needs to explain to him he needs to play well at this level before he moves up to the next. Not allow the worst team in the league to have a little party on our Left hand side and then get himself sent off ( but he always looked comfortable on the ball, so it's ok )

I think althose thinking Sheehan wont get in the team with Rob Kelly in charge are looking past the fact that Rob probabley had more of a hand in bringing through the youngsters then Craig. Sheehan was always looking at a extended run on the bench after that performance, but Rob's put him back in the squad, and I would think you will be seeing a sub apperance from Sheehan against Wolves.

HHAHAHAA, thats a larf. Does he not remember the Crewe game. People like Thrac inflating his ego, thats why he thinks he's good enough for the premier league, someone needs to explain to him he needs to play well at this level before he moves up to the next. Not allow the worst team in the league to have a little party on our Left hand side and then get himself sent off ( but he always looked comfortable on the ball, so it's ok )

I think the lad has been ill advised, whoever his agent\advisors are!!! Or he is maybe trying to get himsef a better deal as we are short of left backs and he see's this as a why of filling his pockets!! Either way, Sheehan needs to smell the dupiaza and then I will welcome him into the real world!!

I just mentioned it to illustrate another goal conceded needlessly through that department. Trying to make the case I suppose that our defensive defender is still costing us goals so we might as well an attacking defender.

As for the three men out of position it just smacks of trying to find places for a favoured few whatever.

Whether there's anything in the contracts or simply having to play them to justify their cost I don't know because none has been a great success thus far.

Because we've won, the focus goes away from criticism - understandably because we so needed something to cheer - but to have people clamouring for Kelly as manager as a result is hardly logical.

I have nothing against Kelly whatsoever but so far he's followed Levein in not really selecting what I believe our best team or playing the best way.

People are still playing out of position, we have not papered over any cracks in the transfer window (Fryatt apart) and we're still leaking goals, mostly through carelessness.

Last night's result was still praiseworthy but that's all. The problems haven't disappeared.

Can we try and keep threads on topic, with respect we dont need another discussion of the merits of Sheehan. Returning to the topic I think O'Grady was excellent when he came on and as other posters have mentioned, his loan spell has done him a world of good. I live other side of Rushden from Leciester and my sister plays for their ladis team - some of the people I see at their games talk a lot about the mens. The general consensus seemed to be they were disappointed they couldnt keep him longer/permanently. Apparently there was a large visible improvement from his first appearances from them to the last so hopefully that trend will cointinue with us.

I just mentioned it to illustrate another goal conceded needlessly through that department. Trying to make the case I suppose that our defensive defender is still costing us goals so we might as well an attacking defender.

As for the three men out of position it just smacks of trying to find places for a favoured few whatever.

Whether there's anything in the contracts or simply having to play them to justify their cost I don't know because none has been a great success thus far.

Because we've won, the focus goes away from criticism - understandably because we so needed something to cheer - but to have people clamouring for Kelly as manager as a result is hardly logical.

I have nothing against Kelly whatsoever but so far he's followed Levein in not really selecting what I believe our best team or playing the best way.

People are still playing out of position, we have not papered over any cracks in the transfer window (Fryatt apart) and we're still leaking goals, mostly through carelessness.

Last night's result was still praiseworthy but that's all. The problems haven't disappeared.

Yeah, because that's what should determine who's our manager....which one picks the team YOU want to see... <_<

Yea he was hardly throwing water at himself! I believe, by the time the three other players owned up to being involved, Sheehan was finding his own way home! I heard Sheehan has already agreed the new contract, but the search for the new manager is taking priority.Im sure he would love to play in the premiership, its every lads dream, but with Leicester City.

Back to O'grady, went last night and he was excellent when he came on. Would like to see him given a start to see if he is good enough. Linked up well with Fryatt and was good to see him holding the ball up when other strikers have given it away to easily. Well done and good look to him.

Archived