Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jon the Hat

NEWELL TO LEAVE LUTON

The next bit of Excitment will no doubt be us being linked to Aidy Boothroyd :angry: which will last about three days ( several people will see him saying goodbye to his players ) before Watford and Boothroyd come out and snub us.

I think it's time we got real and started punching at our weight.

To be honest this is getting embarrassing now. Obviously none of the people we've aproached have any ambition (er, Blackwell aside :ermm: ). I'm getting tired of all of the rumours, keep Kelly until the end of the season and then re-think, maybe some managers will be more keen to come to us then, maybe the ones who've rejected us now will be regretting it then.

Harsh

not really someone told me he was coming then he was just popping out for a sandwich then someone said he put his thunbs up to him at the training ground

ive spent about 5 quid on phone calls tellin people he is coming and another 5 quid apologising.

Next someone will come on saying there his sons mates mates brothers dad and he saw him buying some walkers crisps and he is coming

HE IS EITHER COMING OR HE ISNT

not really someone told me he was coming then he was just popping out for a sandwich then someone said he put his thunbs up to him at the training ground

ive spent about 5 quid on phone calls tellin people he is coming and another 5 quid apologising.

Next someone will come on saying there his sons mates mates brothers dad and he saw him buying some walkers crisps and he is coming

HE IS EITHER COMING OR HE ISNT

Just don't believe anyone until the OS says he's coming, which will be about a month after it's happened but better safe than sorry.

Just don't believe anyone until the OS says he's coming, which will be about a month after it's happened but better safe than sorry.

true im just gettin annoyed that people say he is coming then he isnt it just gets on my nerves thats all :cry:

Mike Newell has confirmed he will remain at Luton after reportedly rejecting the opportunity to manage Championship rivals Leicester.

The Foxes were believed to have made former Leicester player Newell their number one choice to replace the recently sacked Craig Levein.

However, Luton were equally keen to resist the overtures of the Midlands club in a bid to keep the 41-year-old, who has masterminded The Hatters' revival in recent seasons, at Kenilworth Road.

To that end Hatters chiefs are believed to have made guarantees regarding a future cash injection in order to match Newell's ambition of managing a club with Premiership aspirations.

And that now appears to have met with success, with Newell claiming he has no regrets over opting to remain at Kenilworth Road.

"I have made my decision to stay at Luton - and I am very happy with it," said Newell.

Leicester must now turn their attentions elsewhere in the search for a new manager and recently sounded out Ian Holloway who requested permission to speak to The Foxes only to be promptly sent on 'gardening leave' by Queens Park Rangers.

Burnley's Steve Cotterill and Preston's Billy Davies are also reportedly in the running.

Mike Newell has confirmed he will remain at Luton after reportedly rejecting the opportunity to manage Championship rivals Leicester.

The Foxes were believed to have made former Leicester player Newell their number one choice to replace the recently sacked Craig Levein.

However, Luton were equally keen to resist the overtures of the Midlands club in a bid to keep the 41-year-old, who has masterminded The Hatters' revival in recent seasons, at Kenilworth Road.

To that end Hatters chiefs are believed to have made guarantees regarding a future cash injection in order to match Newell's ambition of managing a club with Premiership aspirations.

And that now appears to have met with success, with Newell claiming he has no regrets over opting to remain at Kenilworth Road.

"I have made my decision to stay at Luton - and I am very happy with it," said Newell.

Leicester must now turn their attentions elsewhere in the search for a new manager and recently sounded out Ian Holloway who requested permission to speak to The Foxes only to be promptly sent on 'gardening leave' by Queens Park Rangers.

Burnley's Steve Cotterill and Preston's Billy Davies are also reportedly in the running.

Wow really? :smile:

Grief I had no idea this had happened :P

true im just gettin annoyed that people say he is coming then he isnt it just gets on my nerves thats all :cry:

Its all rumours till on the OS - thats what football is about, everyone knows someone who knows something - its half the fun. Dont tell anyone till you hear it on the OS - simple, in the meantime i did see him at the Walkers!

looks to me like he thought he wouldn't get the job so "turned us down". What would you do? It's the worst kept secret that he applied for the job- if he doesn't get it he just goes back to Luton and says "I've failed in my ambition to manage a proper club- looks like I'm stuck with you lot"!

Archived