Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cisono

Weso

i know what you mean , you do yourself a serious injury playing footy and you know it , there is no ifs n buts.

i twisted my left ankle a few times and could still run a little after a few days. i did my right ankle just the once though and it was really messed up :( never even attempted to play since.

the doc wouldnt x-ray it , just said id strained and torn all my ligaments down there.

a friend who did something similar said i might have had a vertical fracture ?

all i know is that i could not stand on it the next day and spent the week crawling around the house because i could not walk.

I'm not for a minute suggesting he had done his cruciates, where of course he would not be able to walk (and it would have appeared a lot more serious at the ground). As I said, having partially torn medial ligaments before (also damaging catilage in the process) I was able to hobble about in some pain.

It's really naive to say he wouldn't be able to walk having sustained a broken leg. There are incidences already highlighted in here which show the opposite.

According to 'pricey' on Vital Football:

Not a strain but a re-fracture of the same area. Season over. At least a selling point for season tickets for those that didnt get a chance to see him. Best wishes for the young man.
100% correct. Will be confirmed by club tomorrow.

Awful news if confirmed but at least it will give him the chance to recuperate in time for the start of next season, and hopefully get some proper strengthening work done.

Not sure what the prognosis is for 2 succesive breaks in the same area though?

Awful news if confirmed but at least it will give him the chance to recuperate in time for the start of next season, and hopefully get some proper strengthening work done.

Not sure what the prognosis is for 2 succesive breaks in the same area though?

Come on lets all be positive. What a blow though if its true. I'm just praying its not. Why havent the club told us whats happened already? Surely they would know after at most two hours after the game, so why havent we been told already?

Come on lets all be positive. What a blow though if its true. I'm just praying its not. Why havent the club told us whats happened already? Surely they would know after at most two hours after the game, so why havent we been told already?

Probably because the people that update the website don't work Saturday evenings and Sundays. The Sunday papers are pretty much well written by about 7pm on Saturday, or at least they used to be as you could buy them in London by about 11pm Saturday.

Probably because the people that update the website don't work Saturday evenings and Sundays. The Sunday papers are pretty much well written by about 7pm on Saturday, or at least they used to be as you could buy them in London by about 11pm Saturday.

Well i went on the OS earlier and there was something on there (about Padd Mac's 'double delight'), which i dont recall being there yesterday?

Well i went on the OS earlier and there was something on there (about Padd Mac's 'double delight'), which i dont recall being there yesterday?

In that case I could be wrong, my apologies. :rolleyes:

I am as keen for it not to be true as anyone else. That is why I have left my story on the subject as relating to fans being "anxious" which I think we all are and leaving it to City to convey any confirming information or otherwise.

However I know of no sensible reason why two posters (assuming they are different) should post false information such as this on two different sites.

The one on my site had never posted before but that is not unusual on a fledgling site and if I had to pass an opinion on whether I believe it or not I would say yes.

Kelly saying he would not be available Tuesday was also worrying because for normal bumps and bruises they usually wait until Sunday or Monday to make evaluations.

I stress though that I could always be wrong.

I remember meeting him at the Inter Milan friendly, he was near to the dug out with a cast on his leg. He was actually in the stand, near the steps. I didnt say anything to him because he looked more like a ball boy and i was propbally 1 foot taller than him :blush::smile:

Hehe, I know what you mean... :P

Please don't be too serious, James Wesolowski is the most significant reason why this team has turned it's results around. He's a natural born winner and although nothing can be taken away from the other players and Rob Kelly, but I honestly think that without Wesolowski we haven't the neccesary mentality to grind out results.

Can't someone ring up the dentists his dad works at and ask how his son's injury is, even if it means booking in for an un-necessary root canal surgery. Might be worth it, if it puts our minds at rest.

whoever said you cant walk after breaking your leg...remember Stuart Pearce (or was it Ian Pearce) playing on for 30minutes after they broke their leg?

most probably an hairline fracture , not a proper break. my brother had an hairline fracture and was playing again after a few weeks. plus he played the game out because he thought it was just a sprain.

both are called breaks but there is a world of difference. :)

I can't see how the two injuries are linked though. With a leg break, once it's healed then there shouldn't be any complications. Obviously there is a chance the leg could break again because nothings rarely impossible, but broken bones usually heal back stronger than before and i'm sure this was the case with Weso.

Also, he didn't get injured from a challenge, he simply got his studs caught in the ground which to me would indicate and ankle injury such as ligaments, sprain or at worse a broken ankle ala Rob Ullathorne but even so from the pictures shown it doesn't seem to me to be a broken bone.

Leicester City have today been rocked by the news that James Wesolwski will miss the rest of the season after the midfielder sustained a broken leg in the 2-1 victory at Brighton on Saturday.

Wesolowski, who made the step up from the Academy to the first team during pre-season, missed the start of the campaign after breaking the same leg in a friendly against Celtic.

And the 18-year-old, who has started City's last four games after battling back form the break, will now be forced to see out the rest of the season from the sidelines.

But speaking exclusively to the club's official website, caretaker boss Rob Kelly confirmed he had no doubt that the youngster would again bounce back from the injury.

He said: "It's a real disappointment for everyone. James has done fantastically well to break through to the first team this season and he has been a real breath of fresh air for us.

"But he is in great hands here and I have no doubt in my mind that he will comeback from this. He has got a great mentality and attitude for a young player."

Head Physio Dave Rennie added: "The injury occurred when James was tackled from behind and his foot got caught in the pitch. The fracture is located slightly below the position of his previous injury, and it will essentially rule him out for the rest of the campaign."

Archived