Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC-IAN

Brevett move close

Isn't Rufus a bit cr@p though..??

seems as though he's a bit of a plymouth reject, but what can you do? we need some defensive cover.

you can't argue with his experiance and he's had a great career, it would be interesting to hear what the plymouth fans think of him.

I'm not going to say anything about this really until he's played a few games. He's not my cup of tea but he does know the division very well and is vastly experienced. I doubt he'll play much so he'll be more of a behind the scenes guy than an on field voice.

He was a revelation for Fulham a few seasons ago, a real unsung hero like McKinlay was for us.

I'm not going to say anything about this really until he's played a few games. He's not my cup of tea but he does know the division very well and is vastly experienced. I doubt he'll play much so he'll be more of a behind the scenes guy than an on field voice.

He was a revelation for Fulham a few seasons ago, a real unsung hero like McKinlay was for us.

:thumbup:

a few comments from plymouth fans.

"Another club prepared to splash out wages based on past reputation, least it will get him off our wages bill."

"Happier  to see him go than I was Gilbert - Do Leicester know we're not the only source of left backs? they could do so much better looking at the lower divisions than Rufus..."

"... well it shows how far we've come - Leicester City taking a player who cant even get a game for a team down to its bare bones."

Is it a month's loan or until the end of the season? (I only know its a loan from what the BBC site says, it just says signing on the OS <_< )

If he plays I'll obviously give him a chance but I wouldn't play him over Johansson, Tiatto or maybe even Sheehan at LB. As cover he'll be ok but I wouldn't really like him to play for us or get a run in the team. In the situation we're in experienced heads can help sometimes on the training ground, but I don't really want him out there on the pitch...

Is it a month's loan or until the end of the season? (I only know its a loan from what the BBC site says, it just says signing on the OS <_< )

If he plays I'll obviously give him a chance but I wouldn't play him over Johansson, Tiatto or maybe even Sheehan at LB. As cover he'll be ok but I wouldn't really like him to play for us or get a run in the team. In the situation we're in experienced heads can help sometimes on the training ground, but I don't really want him out there on the pitch...

:thumbup:

Can't have tiatto LM in my opinion. Need Smith and Sylla on the wings - we need width and attacking options!!

I thought it was pretty poor of the OS again. It must be a loan beacause of the transfer window. Loan to the end of the season is more or less signing him because I can't see him playing much longer at 36.

Its hardly the worst signing in the world given we need some experince in the back line somewhere with Dion "Leicester Till I die, innit" Dublin having decided he preferes the weather in Scotland. Rufus was quite useful when he was at Fulham, and while he may not be as good as some of the younger players in our squad he wont make the same little mistakes they make, and may reduce the number of blunders made by our back line as a collective. The fact he can't get into the Plymouth starting XI should be over looked due to the fact he is the sort of back up/experinced player we need. I've said it a thousand time You do need experince your team, even if Rufus is a bit to old.

Again he wont even be here that long, and its not like weve paid out for him. :ermm:

The only slight problem I have with this is has Rob Kelly been abit lazy with this signing. They've contacted him instead of the other way around and perhaps he should be focusing on targets he's outlined and scouted before hand. Having said that I suppose it doesn't make much difference, a manager won't sign a player unless they rate them in some capacity.

Thrilling isn't it!

Not really but what do you want. Most fans would love to see Sheehan playing, but he's injured. He's infact been injured for the majority of Kelly's tenure as manager so we don't even know if Kelly would have picked him if fit. I'd be more concerned if Brevett was signed and Sheehan wasn't injured, that would be a massive injustice but fortunately it's not the case.

Its hardly the worst signing in the world given we need some experince in the back line somewhere with Dion "Leicester Till I die, innit" Dublin having decided he preferes the weather in Scotland. Rufus was quite useful when he was at Fulham, and while he may not be as good as some of the younger players in our squad he wont make the same little mistakes they make, and may reduce the number of blunders made by our back line as a collective. The fact he can't get into the Plymouth starting XI should be over looked due to the fact he is the sort of back up/experinced player we need. I've said it a thousand time You do need experince your team, even if Rufus is a bit to old.

Again he wont even be here that long, and its not like weve paid out for him. :ermm:

Dublin moved because Levein didn't pick him and then fell out with him, yet he was probably one of our best two central defenders at the time and how we could have done with him at Ipswich and even QPR despite the fact we won.

As for Brevett, I hope it works out but I'm no more excited about it than I was about our getting Graydon in.

Dublin moved because Levein didn't pick him and then fell out with him, yet he was probably one of our best two central defenders at the time and how we could have done with him at Ipswich and even QPR despite the fact we won.

As for Brevett, I hope it works out but I'm no more excited about it than I was about our getting Graydon in.

What don't you like about getting Graydon in? Apparently he's one of the most respected and under-rated figures in English football. We need his experience to help with coaching, who would you have bought in? And don't say Steve Beaglehole because then we'd be lacking an academy director and we don't want the future of our club to suffer.

What don't you like about getting Graydon in? Apparently he's one of the most respected and under-rated figures in English football. We need his experience to help with coaching, who would you have bought in? And don't say Steve Beaglehole because then we'd be lacking an academy director and we don't want the future of our club to suffer.

I would have been more concerned with getting some new players first.

I have nothing against Graydon but, as you ask, I would have searched for a young coach with ideas, energy and an inspiring personality.

I would have been more concerned with getting some new players first.

I have nothing against Graydon but, as you ask, I would have searched for a young coach with ideas, energy and an inspiring personality.

Even as a short term solution? Kelly's been given the task of keeping us up and then the board will re-asses in the summer. A young up and coming coach would be pretty wasted in that amount of time I would have thought, plus why would Kelly bring in one of those when he's exactly that himself.

Also, why would Rob Kelly instantly try to bring players in when we're winning. Now comes a point where we've lost, we have impending suspensions and current/possible injuries. He's snapped up Brevett and there's talk that he'll look for some other players aswell.

Archived