Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC-IAN

Brevett move close

Dublin moved because Levein didn't pick him and then fell out with him, yet he was probably one of our best two central defenders at the time and how we could have done with him at Ipswich and even QPR despite the fact we won.

As for Brevett, I hope it works out but I'm no more excited about it than I was about our getting Graydon in.

I think Graydon may be a better long term bet. ;):thumbup:

I've been trying to understand this all afternoon since i found out and i can't. We've got Maybury, Sheehan, Tiatto, Johansson who can all play left back. Three out of those four have full international experience.

But we've decided to go for a 36 year old who can't get into the Plymouth side, our relegatoin rivals. Peter Gilbert, left back, was actually ever present for Plymouth in that position, but he couldn't hack it here.

Maybury could have easily gone back to left back if needed. We should be concentrating on bringing in a proper right winger. Defence isn't really the problem, we've so many better options available to us than most in this league. The wingers are what needs sorting, two defenders on the wing has helped get us out of the initial mess, but if we're to push on and not fall back into it we need to sort the attack out.

I've been trying to understand this all afternoon since i found out and i can't. We've got Maybury, Sheehan, Tiatto, Johansson who can all play left back. Three out of those four have full international experience.

But we've decided to go for a 36 year old who can't get into the Plymouth side, our relegatoin rivals. Peter Gilbert, left back, was actually ever present for Plymouth in that position, but he couldn't hack it here.

Maybury could have easily gone back to left back if needed. We should be concentrating on bringing in a proper right winger. Defence isn't really the problem, we've so many better options available to us than most in this league. The wingers are what needs sorting, two defenders on the wing has helped get us out of the initial mess, but if we're to push on and not fall back into it we need to sort the attack out.

I suppose that could well be Kelly's undoing. If the wingers really are a problem (which I believe they are) and he doesn't rectify the problem then he'll shoot himself in the foot. He only has the job short term and it might be holding him back from making many signings, but we've had problewms on the wing for a while.

Smith MUST play on saturday if fit.

Sheehan - Only REAL left back, currently injured.

Maybs - Has under performed at LB when he has played there.

Nissa - Natural position is CB. Although has been steady at LB of late.

Tiatto - Not a left back by all acounts.

So, with the only natural left back being injured, Kelly is looking to bring in a natural left back.

Let's just see how he does for us eh.

I agree with you 100%. Football supporters are very quick to judge players. Let's give him a chance before we judge him on his past. Totally different management team, training ground, stadium, squad of players, tactics etc here than at any club he's been at before. Totally different club. If he does come I'll give him a chance. I won't start to slate him because of what other supporters think of him.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB....;num=1141039677

Interesting read. :whistle:

Apparently we're signing him on a months emergency loan. It's what Everton did the other week after they lost all their keepers. But we've many options available to us in that position. Hopefully the FA won't be having any of it ;)

That's what the loan deals are called now outside of the transfer window even though teams outside the premiership have been making a mockery of the system but signing players willy nilly. Prmeirship clubs that sign players outside of the transfer window are actually emergencies and have to be approved by the FA usually only goal keepers in this case.

So there won't be any glitches in the Brevett move unless the FA stick a transfer embargo on us again! :D

Defence isn't really the problem

Well Yes it is,2 goals again from corners,the defence has been the problem for the last 3 seasons,hence why we are now fighting a battle to avoid the drop

We've got enough good defenders in my opinion, it's up to the coaching to sort that out. So, is it to be Brevett at 5'8", to replace Johansson? Probably and this will mean we're even more likely to concede from corners.

We've got enough good defenders in my opinion, it's up to the coaching to sort that out. So, is it to be Brevett at 5'8", to replace Johansson? Probably and this will mean we're even more likely to concede from corners.

He won't even get in unless Nissa gets injured or suspended. Or we have a mass crisis in the centre of defence.

Nah Mr C, RK will put him on left Midfield!!

He seems to like fullbacks on the wings.

Maybe he could put tiatto in Centre Midfield?? :o

I sure hope you're right :):):):)

I don't see why your slating Graydon, ( I pressume just based on his age ) a man who has done well as a former manager, and is extremly under rated. Espically when we are missing several bodys in the coaching department :mad:

I really do wonder about you somtimes, the fact you seem to like anything that is "young" espically, at first I was taking the piss but now I am really starting to get concerned :rolleyes::whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

Rufus is alright, he'll do until the end of the season anyway

His primary role is to be defender of last resort, so it would seem.

He's played for like 10 minutes in the first team since arriving. Since Kisnorbo looks a bit of an injury worry, and Sheehan isn't back yet, there's a chance we'd need his services in defence for a few games. And since the loan window closes tomorrow, it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to cover.

Smart move in a way, the cover is always good to have - but at the same time, I don't see him playing too large a part in the first team for the last few games.

Archived