Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Who do you consider our local Derby?

Who do you consider our local Derby?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who is our biggest local derby?

• Nottingham Forest
    • Derby County
    • Coventry City
    • Other

Got to be Derby. I think hating Forest more than Derby has to be a jealousy thing. If someone asked me to be 100% honest I'd have to say Nottingham is a better city than Leicester, although I'll never have any attachement or fondness of it like I do for Leicester as wherever I end up living Leicester will always be considered home.

As for Derby however...what a hole! Hate everything about the place so I think when I was growing up and heard Derby fans singing about what a hole Leicester was it made me mad! The hypocrites!

So for me got to be Derby over Forest easily (possibly something to do with my age and going to see more Leicester v Derby matches than Leicester v Forest over the years). I'd possibly say Cov would come ahead of Forest for me too.

I dont know.

I really love it when we beat forest, but i also do when we beat derby and cov too.

Well they are all our local rivals so we shouldnt pick one out, we should just hate them all the same. :ermm::ph34r:

It was just a thought.

Got to be Derby. I think hating Forest more than Derby has to be a jealousy thing. If someone asked me to be 100% honest I'd have to say Nottingham is a better city than Leicester, although I'll never have any attachement or fondness of it like I do for Leicester as wherever I end up living Leicester will always be considered home.

As for Derby however...what a hole! Hate everything about the place so I think when I was growing up and heard Derby fans singing about what a hole Leicester was it made me mad! The hypocrites!

So for me got to be Derby over Forest easily (possibly something to do with my age and going to see more Leicester v Derby matches than Leicester v Forest over the years). I'd possibly say Cov would come ahead of Forest for me too.

No need to be quite so modest Matt. As every good Wyggy grammar school boy knows Leicester was Europe's second richest city in er 1959 I believe it was.

And Knighton was (and still is) the city's richest ward.

Absolutly love beating the Forrest.

But agree Derby is a hole.

As for Coventry their new stadium has a LCFC shirt buried within its foundations thanks to some great thinking by some leicester contractors. The shirt brings eternal strength to our team when we play there and from this point forward we will not lose a game at Cov for the next ten years.

So for me its between Forrest and Derby.

I would have to say its Forrest.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Absolutly love beating the Forrest.

But agree Derby is a hole.

As for Coventry their new stadium has a LCFC shirt buried within its foundations thanks to some great thinking by some leicester contractors. The shirt brings eternal strength to our team when we play there and from this point forward we will not lose a game at Cov for the next ten years.

So for me its between Forrest and Derby.

I would have to say its Forrest.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

is that true?

I've never really gone down this route of hating local rivals, in fact I don't mind if they are doing ok as long as it's not as good as LCFC. It's much more interesting if we are all in the same league, as long as we beat them all!

I just take each game as it comes (cliche!) with that being the team I want to beat the most. As for other results I just want what's best for LCFC, so if that means Derby/Cov/Forest etc beating someone else to enable us to progress upwards then that's ok with me.

It's much more interesting if we are all in the same league, as long as we beat them all!

That is the ideal scenario. I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see, say, 3 out of 4 back in the Premiership at the same time? Throw in Villa, Brum and Wolves for good measure and it'd be a fantastic season!

All three clubs have bloody good reasons for disliking them, however as I get older, I'm taking the line that I don't give a crap about any of them. It winds their fans up more.

' date='Mar 10 2006, 01:38 PM' post='286941']

Coventry, especially since I lived right near it for the past two years.

Leamington or Earlsdon? (Lived in both during my time at Warwick!) So Coventry has a special place in my football heart!! But I still hate Forest more due to the fact that the WHOLE City is up it's own arse!!!

Archived