Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Boro Vs Basle

I think it was more of a turn around than liverpool champions league final.

Nah, this is against Basle, not AC Milan, and it was over two legs, plus they were at home....

But nonetheless, what a game, almost orgasmic :o:unsure::ph34r:

Bloody amazing! I had a sneeky feeling something might happen tonight, it wasnt dissimilar to the Liverpool final in terms of getting the goals needed to win.

Shame it was on ITV 4 of all places, not everyone has digital or freeview and I nearly missed it myself if I hadnt flicked through to see if it was on anywhere.

Nah, this is against Basle, not AC Milan, and it was over two legs, plus they were at home....

But nonetheless, what a game, almost orgasmic :o:unsure::ph34r:

What do you mean almost, I've gorra nip down 24 hour Tescos now, damn my luck running out of tissue at the wrong bleeding time.

In all seriousness, well done to the Boro, they deserve, after just that performance to go on and win it now.

The attendance was just over 24000 which i think is disgraceful bearing in mind it is a European Quarter-final! <_<

Steve Gibson has put a huge amount of money into 'Boro and i think it's outrageous how little support they get. I'm sure if we ever get to a European Quarter final we would sell at least 40,000 in our home leg!

The attendance was just over 24000 which i think is disgraceful bearing in mind it is a European Quarter-final! <_<

Steve Gibson has put a huge amount of money into 'Boro and i think it's outrageous how little support they get. I'm sure if we ever get to a European Quarter final we would sell at least 40,000 in our home leg!

To be honest I think its because the UEFA Cup has really dropped down in recent years. I mean look at the semi-finalists: Middlesborough, Sevilla, Schalke, and Steau Bucharest!

To be honest, that's very harsh. You can't possibly compare City and Boro.

Middlesbrough has roughly the same size population as Exeter or Rotherham. Leicester has nearly three times more inhabitants. Teesside is also one of the least wealthy parts of the UK. If Gibson spent £100 million every season, they wouldn't get any more people going.

Boro have been playing twice a week for a couple of months now. Even for those that can afford it, its really expensive. When you factor in that many people in Teesside support The Mags or Sunderland, its hardly surprising that they're not getting full houses. Unfortunately, their Quarter Final replay against Charlton next week is on BBC against a dull side, so that will mean another lower than usual attendance, and another chance for people to snear at them.

If we do get to a Euro Quarter-Final :blink: , I'm guessing we'll get 32,500, this being our capacity.

Sorry, I work in an office of Boro fans, so I've got to stand up for the Smoggies. :thumbup:

To be honest, that's very harsh. You can't possibly compare City and Boro.

Middlesbrough has roughly the same size population as Exeter or Rotherham. Leicester has nearly three times more inhabitants. Teesside is also one of the least wealthy parts of the UK. If Gibson spent £100 million every season, they wouldn't get any more people going.

Boro have been playing twice a week for a couple of months now. Even for those that can afford it, its really expensive. When you factor in that many people in Teesside support The Mags or Sunderland, its hardly surprising that they're not getting full houses. Unfortunately, their Quarter Final replay against Charlton next week is on BBC against a dull side, so that will mean another lower than usual attendance, and another chance for people to snear at them.

If we do get to a Euro Quarter-Final :blink: , I'm guessing we'll get 32,500, this being our capacity.

Sorry, I work in an office of Boro fans, so I've got to stand up for the Smoggies. :thumbup:

Thats a great name :thumbup:

The full title is Smog Monsters. Needless to say, they don't much like either name.

Middlesbrough is a dirty town though. :(

That I agree with :sick: they also arent that skint because when I went to Ayresome Park (back in '92 :cool:) they were chucking 2ps at us the buggers!

This was a great advert for football, the game had everything, really enjoyed it, unlike the boring arsenal match on wednesday which I almost fell asleep during.

Lets hope the Leicester vs Palace match has even half the excitement of the boro game! (as long as we win of course!)

Shame Middlesbrough made it through. Steaua Bucuresti is an easy draw in my eyes.

And if the Swiss side should have proceeded, we'd had a second berth for the upcoming CL qualification.

But then again, Basle was just too stupid (and Majstorovic for being sent off, especially).

Shame Middlesbrough made it through. Steaua Bucuresti is an easy draw in my eyes.

And if the Swiss side should have proceeded, we'd had a second berth for the upcoming CL qualification.

But then again, Basle was just too stupid (and Majstorovic for being sent off, especially).

Defending on the edge of the 18 yard box for 45 minutes, sorry they got everything they deserved. The tatics they employed weren't even defensive they were suicidale, far too deep.

Defending on the edge of the 18 yard box for 45 minutes, sorry they got everything they deserved. The tatics they employed weren't even defensive they were suicidale, far too deep.

That defender of theirs that got sent off his very good though, unbeatable in the air. I wonder whether he'll turn up in the premiership soon?

Archived