Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
casabian

Williams

he played great last night and made the first goal with great closeing down

man of the match against norwich and people still put him down

i thought he played well.

did a disappearing act in the 2nd half maybe but he still contributed when he did appear.

a good player. we need more performances like the 1st half and how he was playing at the end of last and beginning of this season

As one of William's biggest critics I thought he had a pretty good game, not just with his passing but as you say getting 'involved' and 'closing down' .

If he can do that for 90 minutes and every game then I'll be happy.

Our midfield as a whole went AWOL for much of the match and , for me at any rate, Williams didn't really have one of his better games. Not that he seems to have that many anyway. I've yet to be convinced that Williams has the potential to improve. He's been pretty inconsistant for most of the season and gives the impression that he needs to boody well wake up a lot of the time!

gudjonsson was shockingly bad last night, but still no-one says anything about him. williams was superb and will be a key player for us next season.

Hear, hear... I've been thinking this about Joey for a few months, yet everyone seem to think he's playing really well :dunno: as I keep saying if his first touch isn't a cracking shot it's awful!! He gives the ball away FAR too often and can't tackle for toffee!!

I'm on the plus side. I had him a contender for Man of the Match again because he produced the key to unlock a mean Palace defence with his backheeled pass (out of a nothing-on situation) and was forever chipping in with a touch of class here and there to change the direction of play or to try to engineer an opening. Added to that he gave some genuine effort when not in possession.

He made mistakes, who didn't? Creative players always look mugs when their riskier passes go astray, but achievement is what matters and he played a vital part in last night's.

Palace are a physically big, strong and disciplined side - just the sort Williams might not have relished earlier in the season. They make you work for everything and with their forward line there will always be times of pressure - and Williams did his bit to relieve that.

It wasn't just the back line who restricted Palace to not one single clear cut opening, it was the organised and disciplined zonal covering which I thought was outstanding yesterday. Had Williams really gone awol, or anyone else, City would have been cut to shreds.

much better last night!! will get better as his confidence grows aswell (i hope)!

finally starting to get stuck in more, which is good to see!

agreed that joey didnt have a good game, passing was pretty horendous!

gudjonsson was shockingly bad last night, but still no-one says anything about him. williams was superb and will be a key player for us next season.

I would go as far as to say that maybe Gudjonsson is the one player that has gone backwards for City under Kelly. :( Anything to do with signing that pre-contract with AZ ? :huh::unsure::whistle::rolleyes::ph34r:

I would go as far as to say that maybe Gudjonsson is the one player that has gone backwards for City under Kelly. :( Anything to do with signing that pre-contract with AZ ? :huh::unsure::whistle::rolleyes::ph34r:

He's been pretty poor. He only played well for us for a short period at the start of this season. He has finished this season with a whimper and was alaughing stock throughout the season before. Personally I think it bodes well for next season as we are going to be without him. Some would have you beleive we are losing a world beater.

williams was great last night, he stood out to me that everytime I seen us win the ball in midfield and especially when we won it for the 1st goal I seen williams. His passing was great also.

We need to stop bullying him because him and hughes will be our key midfielders next season.

williams was great last night, he stood out to me that everytime I seen us win the ball in midfield and especially when we won it for the 1st goal I seen williams. His passing was great also.

We need to stop bullying him because him and hughes will be our key midfielders next season.

And Weso (injuries permitting!!) :thumbup:

I agree.

Williams was superb in the first half with Hughes (who was excellent) feeding off a lot of what he did.

I think his anonimity in the second half was more due to our tactic of sitting deep and defending the lead, which of course, paid off.

He's had a good run in the team recently and has been playing well for awhile IMO. I think he feels more involved now he's actually part of the regular set up. He's passing was excellent at times last night and we might finally be seeing what all the fuss is about. I think it's been a motivational thing with Gareth, he now looks like he wants to be playing for us. Finally you can see the desire that is required along with the talent to become a good box to box midfileder. Long may it continue.

However the midfield still needs adding to.

he played great last night and made the first goal with great closeing down

man of the match against norwich and people still put him down

there is no way the williams is good enough to take us up next season. He cant tackle, shoot and most of his passes are crap. hopefully we will get a good centre midfielder next season. let him go back the forest!!!

there is no way the williams is good enough to take us up next season. He cant tackle, shoot and most of his passes are crap. hopefully we will get a good centre midfielder next season. let him go back the forest!!!

OMGLOLOLOLROFLWTF

We are winning games now and at the moment giving players stick is uncalled for because we can look forward to a good season with hopefully a promotion push. As leicester fans we should stick behind all our players because if we begin to give players who have bad patches stick we will end up as bad as we were under cl.

RK has done great for us and he should be the only person getting on his back at the moment not us we need to show the players we are happy now we are picking up points.

We are winning games now and at the moment giving players stick is uncalled for because we can look forward to a good season with hopefully a promotion push. As leicester fans we should stick behind all our players because if we begin to give players who have bad patches stick we will end up as bad as we were under cl.

stick?

Max%20with%20stick%202.jpg

:ph34r:

Those shots against norwich and bolton were shocking.

Archived