Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

Morris given the boot

The Mercury intimated that we were agreeing a severance pay with him but why when the cretin is out of contract anyway in just over a month?

I would imagine that there will be things like "loyalty bonuses", :blink::rolleyes: , involved. :( <_<

Morris

City are understood to be in negotiations with Lee Morris to terminate the forward's contract by mutual consent.

Morris, whose contract is up in the summer, has endured a nightmare run of injuries since his £120,000 move from Derby in January 2004.

Signed by Micky Adams, he did not make his debut until Craig Levein's first match in charge.

But medial and cruciate ligament injuries have restricted him to just two starts and eight substitute appearances.

Thank f**k he's gone, what a waster.

I would have never called him a "waster" just a player with potential and dodgy legs!

He'll never make it properly because of the injuries. But I believe that if he was fit for a substantial period of time he may have been able to make an impact on the first team.

Finally gone! I for one am going to miss his familiar face around the place, it just wont feel like home with him not running out with the team.

Injury-hit Morris departs Foxes _41586436_leemorris_getty203.jpg Morris has not played for Leicester's first team since December 2004 Lee Morris has left Leicester City after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent. The 25-year-old forward moved to the Walkers Stadium from East Midlands rivals Derby in February 2004.

However, in an injury-hit two-year spell with the Foxes, he has started just two first-team games and made a further eight substitute appearances.

Morris began his career at Sheffield United before joining Derby, and has also served Huddersfield on loan.

His last first-team appearance for Leicester came in December 2004.

OS

well i am sure he would of been given a new contract if we was good enough, even though he is famous for his injuries i dont think that is why his contract has been terminated.

obviously he didnt make the grade for the reserves, altough 3 games for the reserves isnt exactly enough time to prove your worth.

maybe it will free up wages for a new player in the summer.

It's for the best that he has gone apart from the jokes about him there is nothing else, like Parsons just said we could possibly get a better player with the money we are saving from his departure.

Archived