Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mat_j101

What does everyone think Welsh has been like?

I think he has been OK. Not a bad player. He reminds me a little bit of Guppy also at times.

Im not sure whether or not we would be able to sign him, but if we could i think he might be an Ok addition to the sqaud. He gives us some decent width which i think we really miss when players like Hughes and Tiatto are played on the wings and drift inside

i think he is a good player at this level and would be a good signing for the left midfield position. however will sunderland want to let him go?

He is a good player and i hope we sign him, but i dont know if sunderland will let him go now they have been relegated. :ermm:

I dunno. I haven't been too impressed in the games (albeit not many) I've seen him. He looks just as lightweight as Hammill but does put a lot of effort in, and doesn't seem to have too much skill. The only decent thing he did today was the cross for the goal, although if he does that every game I'd be happy.

Overall a decent squad player but he wouldn't be one of the first names on my team sheet.

I'd sign him, he can put a good ball in the box and does some good runs and although he did bring that player down today in a dangerous area he seems prepared to get stuck in too.

Going to be controversial. I think he is crap.

He hardly makes any runs down the left wing, and his positioning is awful. He constantly was either too close to Williams or he was standing too close to Plymouth players so if he got the ball he could go no where other than into a wall of Plymouth players.

His ball for Fryatt's goal was class, but I can't remember many other decent crosses. I reckon we could do much better.

It's amazing how many times in such a limited period of time he's made a vital contribution by way of a goal or assist. And yet today he was played so deep he was rarely in a position to threaten as a winger until the goal. People around me were calling for him to be substituted.

Lousy game but the right result. I felt it we'd had the courage to play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 with O'Grady on full time we could have carved them up to the tune of four or five. O'Grady was taking the piss out of em the 10 minutes he was on.

It's amazing how many times in such a limited period of time he's made a vital contribution by way of a goal or assist. And yet today he was played so deep he was rarely in a position to threaten as a winger until the goal. People around me were calling for him to be substituted.

Lousy game but the right result. I felt it we'd had the courage to play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 with O'Grady on full time we could have carved them up to the tune of four or five. O'Grady was taking the piss out of em the 10 minutes he was on.

Yeah despite criticising him before, I was very impressed with O'Grady today.

We do need to add a little quality AND a little more depth on both the left and right hand side of midfield. Tiatto and Hamill just aren't up to it on the left and unless RK can do something remarkable with Sylla on the right, I feel we need to bring in a couple of options there as I prefer to see Hughes in the middle (with perhaps one of Williams/Wesolowski).

I think Welsh is too lightweight and frankly no more use then Sylla. If we want width then play O'Grady wide Right (he looked very good yesterday) and play a 4-3-3 system.

As for Welsh, send him back. ;):thumbup:

I think Welsh is too lightweight and frankly no more use then Sylla. If we want width then play O'Grady wide Right (he looked very good yesterday) and play a 4-3-3 system.

He just isn't good enough for us if we want to puh for the play offs.

i agree send him back. he hasnt impressed me any time hes played and is just another sylla we need a bit more strength

We need to use O'Grady a lot more. He has bin amazing each time hes come on so far, i would like to see if he brings the same spark if he started a game

I'm not sure about Welsh. He had a hand in the winning goal against Hull, put the ball across for the winner at Luton, scored against Palace and made the winner against Plymouth. He's not the fastest and seems to get neutralised as a winger by all the grafting he's expected to do in midfield.

Anyway, if Kelly's getting no money then I don't imagine signing him will be an option.

O'Grady is more than able to make up for him but seems to favour left rather than right if Saturday was anything to go by. Four-three-three with current personnel - using attacking full-backs - would certainly seem to be our best option just now.

I still haven't made my mind up about him yet, he hasn't done anything particurly wonderful but he hasn't had many mares!!! He didn't have quite the effect as Ryan Smith had but he is a grafter, I suppose if that's what Kelly wants (a hard working midfielder)then so be it!!!

Just a question to those who think sunderland might want him back - how would he get into the side when they've got Arca - is he leaving???

Arca has said he wants to leave and will do. Welsh is above average and with abit of hard work and confidence could be good but depending on availability and how much he would cost i'd not be arsed either way whether we got him permanently or not.

Archived