Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

Rumours for 06/07 Season

Wigan are said to be interested in Leicester City's highly rated youngster Richard Stearman, if Pascal Chimbonda moves to a bigger club this summer.

From www.football-rumours.co.uk

Ok, with all due respect to footballrumours.co.uk this is probably not true as most of the things on it are'nt, but Richard is a hot prospect, so if this Wigan intersest isn't true, its likely we are going to have to fend of bids for our young defender in the future, so how much is he worth? And if a big bid does come in, either in the Summer or January sould we except it

If it's true which I hope it isn't then i'd settle for £2 million plus Ryan Taylor, but only if he recovers quickly from his broken leg.

I can see many more rumours about Stearman and from much more reliable sources, if we can get £3million I will be happy!!!

Just to let you know that i've done a nasty botch job on this thread and had to re-arrange it. Davieg originally started it and I then merged it with this one but because the Stearman thread was posted before it then used that as the main thread. So this is now the official rumours thread for incomings and outgoings this summer.

like i said in another thread

reject all offers that are not stupidly high (although remember how much we got for connolly to sit on the bench? haha) and stick with what we've got. Dabble with some free transfers or even loans and just get some financial stability.

Just hope we don't sell some big players just for transfer money that in the end wont replace what we lose.

We've had all our parachute payments etc. Clubs won't be unaware of this. I think it's more a case of how much money we can afford to turn down for any of our players.

Any bid in excess of £1million for any of our players will have RK and the board doing some serious thinking, I'd imagine.

Just to let you know that i've done a nasty botch job on this thread and had to re-arrange it. Davieg originally started it and I then merged it with this one but because the Stearman thread was posted before it then used that as the main thread. So this is now the official rumours thread for incomings and outgoings this summer.

No problem, I was about to do that when it disappeared lol All's well that ends well. :thumbup:

Rob Kelly will make a move for on-loan midfielder Andrew Welsh - finances permitting at the Walkers Stadium

The 22-year-old Sunderland player has impressed during his time with the Foxes and Kelly said: "He's obviously Sunderland's player but he's got one more game left with us.

"He's someone I like - I knew him at Stockport and we also tried to sign him when I worked at Blackburn.

"But I'll have to speak to our people first and see what we can do before we go to Sunderland."

link

If the Rumour about Stearman going Wigan is true, do you think that he would be capable of going straight into regular football with them? IMO I think he would cope well enough I'm just interested to see what you lot think

If the Rumour about Stearman going Wigan is true, do you think that he would be capable of going straight into regular football with them? IMO I think he would cope well enough I'm just interested to see what you lot think

I do not think he is good enough for the premiership yet, he showed weaknesses against plymouth like passing and basic communication. I'd rather see him stay with us and play in the premier with city in a couple of years, he will be better then.

Rob Kelly will make a move for on-loan midfielder Andrew Welsh - finances permitting at the Walkers Stadium

The 22-year-old Sunderland player has impressed during his time with the Foxes and Kelly said: "He's obviously Sunderland's player but he's got one more game left with us.

"He's someone I like - I knew him at Stockport and we also tried to sign him when I worked at Blackburn.

"But I'll have to speak to our people first and see what we can do before we go to Sunderland."

link

As if by magic the rumour has also made it as far as a national newspaper this morning.

Leicester are keen to sign on-loan Sunderland winger Andy Welsh on a permanent contract. (Daily Telegraph)

BBC Sport: Monday Gossip Column

I wonder if they picked it up from the link above? :P

somebody on this forum is saying tommy smith, probably utter rubbish though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mb606/F2231914?thread=2822646

I quite like a bit of Tommy Smith-ery. Especially the kind of Smithery he was Tommying up on a regular basis a few years ago. Clearly Hume and Fryatt are the front two of choice with COG (the COGmeister) and TS (The Goalsmith) forming an awesome backup partnership. Elvis Hammond can suck on my small but adequate penile appendage.

I quite like a bit of Tommy Smith-ery. Especially the kind of Smithery he was Tommying up on a regular basis a few years ago. Clearly Hume and Fryatt are the front two of choice with COG (the COGmeister) and TS (The Goalsmith) forming an awesome backup partnership. Elvis Hammond can suck on my small but adequate penile appendage.

Tommy Smith can also play LW , he'd be a good signing. If we're short he could be stuck up front where he would do a very good job imo. Just think if Hume and Fryatt are suspended/Injured at the same time , O'Grady would be able to step in but Hammond or de Vries....

Probably cost too much mind.

We've had all our parachute payments etc. Clubs won't be unaware of this. I think it's more a case of how much money we can afford to turn down for any of our players.

Any bid in excess of £1million for any of our players will have RK and the board doing some serious thinking, I'd imagine.

I would be amazed if we didn't have to sell one big player. The sooner it's done and we know we can keep the rest and build the better. Fortunately - and Levein and Kelly both deserve credit for this - we do now have assets to sell. The thanks is to Levein for either buying them or putting them in the team and to Kelly for making them play effectively.

Tommy Smith tickles my fish. I like the sound of both that phrase and the thought of him signing for Leicester, very dangerous winger/attacker.

Remember the last tricky winger/ attacker we got from derby??

Here's one to tempt yer turbot...not a rumour, just a thought I had.

Carl Fletcher of West Ham.

Welsh international, 26. Was quality at Bournemouth, but he's not going to get past Mullins and Reo-Coker at West Ham....two footballing sides there. Plays (defensive) CM, and was on loan at Watford earlier this season.

He would command a fee, but I 'm guessing he's only got one year on his contract left - WH only paid £275 for him, so if we sold first, we'd possibly be able to snaffle him?

You ****' what?

Going back to the Welsh rumour, I notice an interesting line at the end of an article in the 'Sunderland Today' article written yesterday:

Meanwhile, Leicester's recently-appointed boss, Rob Kelly, is keen to make on-loan Sunderland winger Andy Welsh a permanent signing this summer.

The 22-year-old has started just three times for Leicester since joining eight weeks ago, although he did score on his starting debut in a 2-0 win over Crystal Palace. Welsh has also made six substitute appearances.

Former Blackburn coach Kelly has been pleased with Welsh, a player he remembered from an Ewood Park trial four seasons ago.

Kelly said: "He's obviously Sunderland's player, but he has got one more game with us and he's someone I like.

"I knew him at Stockport and we tried to sign him when I worked at Blackburn, but I will speak to our people first and see what we can do before we go to Sunderland."

Leicester will have to do without the Premiership parachute money next season, so finances will be tight. But Sunderland are unlikely to be difficult to deal with.

Sunderland Today

Perhaps an indication that any fee would be a small one? Perhaps he's considered surplus to requirements now? Or something like that ...

Archived