Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

Rumours for 06/07 Season

Guest seanfox778

i think we are capable of gettin someone like bradly wright-phillips maybe on loan but i don't think

man city will let us have him for a whole season i think he would be a good performer at

this level

A player we could look at is Marc Bircham at QPR. He has been told that he will be leaving QPR at the right price, but im not sure how much they would want for him. I think £250k max. would be around the right price. I think he would slot into our midfield perfectly. If Williams isnt up to it, he would add a bit of experience aswell. Bircham is a quality player and also Lee Cook. He's in the same situation as Bircham and is a quality left winger. I would have him over Welsh, but he would probably cost considerably more.

Any thoughts?

Bircham does enjoy a yellow card every now and again. I'm not sure. 4 years with QPR, and he's not been picked up by anyone else yet. I think there might be better available. He'll have the Holloway style ingrained in him too, so he could just be the new Tiatto.

Bircham does enjoy a yellow card every now and again. I'm not sure. 4 years with QPR, and he's not been picked up by anyone else yet. I think there might be better available. He'll have the Holloway style ingrained in him too, so he could just be the new Tiatto.

Thats correct, but during the january transfer window, Sheff Utd made a bid but it was turned down.

Thats correct, but during the january transfer window, Sheff Utd made a bid but it was turned down.

I did not know that! :) Well, I'd rather have Bircham than Tiatto, but then again, I'd rather have Fletcher than Bircham.

To be honest, I'd rather have Cesc Fabregas than any of them, but life's not fair. :(

if forest dont get promoted i think we should try and sign kris commons, he was too good for forest even in the championship

The problem with him he's a bit lazy, according to the Treey fans on Heart106...

I doubt Commons is lazy, he certainly has quality, and is English. He scores quite a few goals from left wing as well, and is good a tset pieces.

Out of our price range I would say, plus he's a confessed Forest fan.

He's lazy as fu ck mate. Also, often very wasteful in possession. Poor decision making is another criticism which has been levelled at him in the past, losing the ball trying something very intricate when a simple and effective ball was on...

He's lazy as fu ck mate. Also, often very wasteful in possession. Poor decision making is another criticism which has been levelled at him in the past, losing the ball trying something very intricate when a simple and effective ball was on...

Agreed, he is at the level where he should be at, division 1!!!!

Going back to the Patrick Kisnorbo to Birmingham issue, 6 months ago he was a candidate for worst player in the championship, now hes being linked with a premiership club, well done Patrick! Having said that i hope he doesnt go because he is a good defender. (Not mid-fielder Mr Levien)

Going back to the Patrick Kisnorbo to Birmingham issue, 6 months ago he was a candidate for worst player in the championship, now hes being linked with a premiership club, well done Patrick! Having said that i hope he doesnt go because he is a good defender. (Not mid-fielder Mr Levien)

I doubt if Brum will want to be spending £750k on Kisnorbo - a promising but still really unproven Championship player - if they are relegated from the Premiership (I think Bruce was considering him IF they stay up - possible when he saw the Cov game, but unlikely now)

And what about the (resurrected) rumours a couple of weeks ago about McNaughton - the Aberdeen left back ?

my best mates Dad works at the walkers, and these are the players that he has had we are bringing in and offloading...

going=Hammond(Q.P.R on loan)

De Vries (Sheff Utd 100k)

Douglas(Carlisle on loan)

Tiatto(Sheff utd free)

Logan(signed a new deal, but apparently wants to leave, Boston free)

bringing in=Mcauley(lincoln fee yet decided)

Lee Hendry(Villa on loan)

Izzet(colchester, fee yet decided)

if these are true, do you agree or disagree

I'd be a little concerned about bringing Kem Izzet in as he's completely untested at this level. Having said that, we have to be realistic with our targets.

I'd like to see Lee Hendrie here, he's a good player. Good passer of the ball and more combative than he's often given credit for. He also has a good eye for goal.

I think McAuley should definitely be given a chance and maybe Lee Hendrie is worth a pot-shot ???

Not so sure about Kemal Izzet ????

The problem with Hendrie is that HE is a good player, but may only play well for a good, tough manager (and maybe Kelly is the guy to play under)... I mean look at Craig Bellamy, now that he has been tamed at Blackburn by Mark Hughes - he has shown what a phenomenal player he really is..

so I would also like Hendrie if Kelly can 'tame' him !! :devil:

Archived