Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Weso signs new deal

Wesolowski Pens New Deal

James Wesolowski has signed a new contract that will keep him at the Walkers Stadium until at least the end of the 2007-08 season.

The 18-year-old midfielder broke into the Leicester City first team squad last summer, but his progress was thwarted when he broke his leg in a pre-season friendly against Celtic.

Wesolowski battled back from the injury and made his first league appearance for the club as a late substitute in the 2-1 defeat at home to Cardiff in January.

The young Australian then started four out of the next five games before he cruelly broke his leg again, this time in a different position, away at Brighton.

Wesolowski is currently on track with his rehabilitation programme and hopes to be involved once again when the Foxes return for pre-season training in July.

Boss Rob Kelly said: "We are delighted that James has agreed to extend his contract by a further year.

"He is a young player with a great attitude and has done very well to battle back from two broken legs.

"However he is fully aware that he has still got a lot of work to do.

"We look forward to him playing a part next season, although we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that he is still only a teenager."

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~821761,00.html

I year only, who's idea is that though?

Is it LCFC covering themselves in case it all goes tits up or Weso in case it all goes well and he can piss off for nothing.

Great news, it's a shame it's not longer but he has had a tough time with injures.

The rumour a while ago was that he had been offered one but it was less a year to him than the contract he already had, I wonder if that's still the case :rolleyes:

Doesn't it just, this tickles 1000 cans of John West's tuna easily.

The best news of the season, I hope he's been rewarded with an extra few quid as he deserves it.

Agreed (not about the fish, IMO, you both can tickle each others :D ), great news, I was feeling abit low with the lack of funds, FT being so crap, other people after our players but this has lifted my spirits!!!!

Is it LCFC covering themselves in case it all goes tits up or Weso in case it all goes well and he can piss off for nothing.

I was going to mention that in my previous post but thinking about it, how career threatening is his injury etc, there must be obvious doubts about his ability to keep injury free!!!!

Great news, it's a shame it's not longer but he has had a tough time with injures.

The rumour a while ago was that he had been offered one but it was less a year to him than the contract he already had, I wonder if that's still the case :rolleyes:

It's a 2 year deal, but he already had one year to go. So I imagine he's been given an improved deal for an extra year. I would have liked to have been more but this is good news and much better than him going in to next season with his deal running out at the end of it and him walking away for a pittance.

If he fulfills his potential next season then he'll be offered another one like Stearman was. I think that's a good idea, because it's still showing them that they need to prove themselves and knuckle down, etc.

Doesn't it just, this tickles 1000 cans of John West's tuna easily.

The best news of the season, I hope he's been rewarded with an extra few quid as he deserves it.

Agreed but this worries me:

although we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that he is still only a teenager."

:huh::unsure::ph34r:

Agreed but this worries me:

:huh::unsure::ph34r:

I think that's just what Ric said really - he's still young (a teenager in fact), he's got to prove himself.

Stearman was given the chance to prove himself and was rewarded with a better contract.

I think it would have been folly to give him an additional 2 years (to 08/09 season) because he's only played a handful of times (is it 3 starts and one sub or something?) To give somebody a 3 year deal from today based on just a couple of first team games ... that doesn't sit well with me.

It'd be a bit like giving Lee Morris an extra 2 years on the basis that he 'once survived a full 90 minutes in a reserve match'! :ermm:

I'm glad he's signed, and I hope he fully recovers again and goes to prove he really is worth a few extra years :)

I think that's just what Ric said really - he's still young (a teenager in fact), he's got to prove himself.

Stearman was given the chance to prove himself and was rewarded with a better contract.

I think it would have been folly to give him an additional 2 years (to 08/09 season) because he's only played a handful of times (is it 3 starts and one sub or something?) To give somebody a 3 year deal from today based on just a couple of first team games ... that doesn't sit well with me.

It'd be a bit like giving Lee Morris an extra 2 years on the basis that he 'once survived a full 90 minutes in a reserve match'! :ermm:

I'm glad he's signed, and I hope he fully recovers again and goes to prove he really is worth a few extra years :)

I have seen him play though. :clap::clap: :thumbsup: :clap2: :worship:;):thumbup:

Didn't Arsenal just splash out £7mil+ for a teenager who's only played a hatful of Championship games? If a player has glaringly obvious talent, which it seems our young Weso has, it's only sensible to tie em up as long as possible as quickly as you can... He can have similar wages to Tiatto for all I care... In fact, why not put him on the same wages, that way Kelly won't have the option to keep Tiatto :P

I suppose that a short-term contract leaves both sides with more flexibility. For City, there won't be valuable resources tied up in a prospect who may not reach his potential, and it makes it easier for Weso to walk away if he finds things not going to plan. There's nothing to stop City offering a new deal this time next year if the lad really does shine (unless we really are in the mire financially).

Archived