Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Reverend

Middlesbrough

Well when Middlesborough scored their first goal I had a feeling they would do it,is there not a scoreline Middlesborough aren't capable of coming back from?

I can remember being at the Riverside when they scored 2 in stoppage time to draw 3-3 with us :(

Maccarone and a Curtis own goal :mad:

Fooking fantastic, what a game!! I was proved wrong, I am over the moon for Boro though!

You couldn't write a better script if you tried, this was the stuff of legends. People will remember theis European adventure for decades, it really is that unbelievable.

Maccorone does it again!! :D

Couldn't believe it when I came home and saw the scoreline.

Well, after doubting the rightfulness of Middlesborough's efforts against Basel, where the "miracle" looked a bit like cheating, I now support them a 100 percent so that they bring that Cup back where it belongs... To the island, and not to Sevilla!

Hope Schalke gets ousted tonight, German clubs no longer deserve to win any big competitions for a long, long time any more... :mrgreen:

I blagged a ticket and went to the match tonight - only the second time I've been to the Riverside. Some pics of Boro fans holding cards up, and after the winning goal...

borocards5lv.jpgborogoal1ym.jpg

It was a great game and despite some bizarre tactics as usual by McClaren, Boro deserved to win, but Steaua really threw it away by playing far too negatively at 3-0agg when just normal possession football would have seen them through. The one thing Boro have is lots of attacking options - Steaua just stood back and let Boro throw the kitchen sink at them.

There wasn't much wrong about the night for me. Good match, electric atmosphere, success for an English team, even the ref had a stormer and really did well to keep on top of the time wasting.

There was a bizarre incident where at Steaua fan ran on the pitch after the first goal, and appeared to have a heart attack. We were guessing he might be trying to avoid getting arrested, but it looked pretty serious.

One other thing - outside after the match, there were literally hundreds of Boro and Steaua fans shaking hands, applauding each other and swapping scarves and shirts. 'Twas good to see.

Congratulations to Boro on another incredible comeback. :o:o:o

And to think it wasn't that long ago that some of their fans were whingeing about the "boring" season they were having. :rolleyes:

I'm sure there are millions of us who would gladly swap our season for theirs!

Guest seanfox778

yeah congrats to boro they deserved it what a great game its good to maccarone too,

he wasn't exactly a crowd favourite before the basle game it was great to see him go to all

the fans at the end

Archived