Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muz

If Rooney and Owen are'nt fit

We're well and truly f**ked if both are out. None of the others have 5 international goals between them! :eek:

Crouch and Defoe for me and find room for Aaron Lennon his pace will frighten most teams!

It's a sad day for English football when after a couple of setbacks they've already thrown in the towel, It could have been worse, he could have got injured in Germany!

Beattie and Defoe.

Although it would probably br Crouch and Defoe. Hopefully Owen will be fit and news on him is fairly positive. In which case I would play Owen and Beattie, but I still can't see Sven not choosing Crouch.

We'll play 4-5-1 with Crouch up front as a lone striker. :yawn:

Oh dear :blink::cry:

I really would love to see Sven be more experimental. It worries me that he's had his first team more or less set since the Argentina game. IMO certain playes too often goes missing in England games and really don't perform anywhere near like how they do for their clubs. I'd like to see Sven experiment more with Carrick, which i think would free both Gerrard and Lampard alowing them to play their more natural game (as both play at club level with a defensive mid). I'd also like to see him making bold moves selection wise, so that Beckham, Gerrard etc are not guarenteed a starting place.

It's Sven's fault for not experimenting any other strikers for if this worst case scenario came about. I can't see Defoe/Bent or anyone else getting a start going into the World Cup because of their lack of chances already. If Owens fit it'll be Crouch and Owen. If both are out then it's just going to be Crouch. On a positive note our midfield is so strong, but it really is a horrible formation, also a formation we haven't tested before.

I expect to see it in a friendly or two before the World Cup. :(

Crouch would fill in but I would like to see Gerrard partner Defoe up top!

We'll play 4-5-1 with Crouch up front as a lone striker. :yawn:

If Rooney (95% likely) or Owen (50% likely) aren't fit, I'd like to see this formation:

-------------- Robinson ------------------

Neville --- Terry - Ferdinand --- Cole.A

Beckham - Carrick - Lampard - Cole.J

--------------- Gerrard ------------------

------------ Bent or Defoe --------------

Like others have said, I reckon Sven will actually go for something horrible. The worst thing he can do is play Gerrard or Lampard too deep. For me, Carrick can do that job now, and leave Lampard and Gerrard to get forward as much as possible.

Losing Rooney doesn't mean we can't win the World Cup. If Owen's fit to play in a 4-4-1-1 formation, I'd say we've still got a great chance.

I still reckon Rooney will be ok, the only person in-the-know who is saying he won't be fit is Ferguson and all he is interest in is Rooneys fitness after the WC (understandbly).

Hes scottish tho he prob doesnt want us 2 do well :thumbup:

Well its been announced we can watch his fitness and Sven can remove him from the squad on June 9th if he's really not going to be able to play anypart! So expect him to be named in the squad. FIFA certainly know which side there bread is buttered.

I personally dont think we will see him till the Sweden game.. if at all.

Guest seanfox778

i think owen will be fit and i think he should play this team

robinson

neville terry campbell cole

beckham gerrard lampard downing

owen j cole

i think joe cole should be tried as a striker because he has similar qualities with

rooney neither of them are good in ther air they both have quick feet an array of

tricks and can shoot personally i think he would be a better striker then bent, defoe and crouch

Archived