Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escape2victory

McAuley

According to the Mercury we have renewed our interest in him and they hint terms could be agreed over the weekend. This would mean we would have 5 CB's in our first team with McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Gerrbrand and Johansson.

Surely this would mean 1 of them will go, so maybe the rumours about Kisnorbo going to a prem team are true. Personally I hope Gerrbrand goes as he is a good defender but hasnt really settled to life in the Championship and doesnt dominate opposition strikers and seems to get bullied by them

McAuley has scored alot of goals this season from corners, it is essential we get someone like him as we scored hardly any from corners and free-kicks.

I think one of our centre halves will be off and aslong as it isn't McCarthy then I could live with it. Kisnorbo has been immense but I think we could get a decent amount for him and I want us to focus on strengthening our midfield and we need money to do so if we want quality.

McAuley's over six feet tall and scored five goals last season. If we got 10 goals from our centre-backs next season that would be a significant improvement.

We need someone with aerial presence in both boxes. There are players we can shed to accomodate McAuley - players who don't ever score.

He's 26 which is much more the sort of age I'd like our older players to be. He will still be ambitious and with any luck there would be some mileage and some remaining potential in him. The club badly needs some muscle.

So good signing? I don't know. I've not seen him play. Twenty six is getting on to be playing Division Two football. People will have watched him and, presumably, rejected him for higher things.

However Dario Gradi wanted him and he's an experienced judge.

As a coach Kelly may believe he can improve the player, and at 26 he might be right.

At worst he would be defensive cover of a more threatening nature than what we have.

McAuley has scored alot of goals this season from corners, it is essential we get someone like him as we scored hardly any from corners and free-kicks.

I think one of our centre halves will be off and aslong as it isn't McCarthy then I could live with it. Kisnorbo has been immense but I think we could get a decent amount for him and I want us to focus on strengthening our midfield and we need money to do so if we want quality.

Yep, Kisnorbo will go, to give us some more cash!!! If this is the case, I must say RK is showing some initiative and ambition in improving our team!!!

Yep, Kisnorbo will go, to give us some more cash!!! If this is the case, I must say RK is showing some initiative and ambition in improving our team!!!

Id personally like to see Gerrbrand leave to accomodate McAuley. I doubt McAuley can touch Kisnorbo in terms of talent yet would provide better back up than Gerrbrand.

I take your point about gettin a few quid from Kis to improve other areas of the team but I think we could get half decent money from Gerrbrand, 400-500 k ??

Kelly will know the situation regarding Kisnorbo (I'm sure we would lose him to the right money) but Gerrbrand could be offloaded whatever. He's a steady player but has no great impact from what I've seen and Nils seems to be the favoured man as player or cover for two positions.

Id personally like to see Gerrbrand leave to accomodate McAuley. I doubt McAuley can touch Kisnorbo in terms of talent yet would provide better back up than Gerrbrand.

I take your point about gettin a few quid from Kis to improve other areas of the team but I think we could get half decent money from Gerrbrand, 400-500 k ??

Agree, i would prefer Gerbrand to go, but he has essentially had a poor season, and i can't see us getting back much of the money we paid for him!!!

Agree, i would prefer Gerbrand to go, but he has essentially had a poor season, and i can't see us getting back much of the money we paid for him!!!

We could perhaps negotiate something based on appearances. He's not had a lot of chances at Leicester and it's possible we've not quite seen him at his best.

Could this herald a return to the successful era of 3 centre-backs, a la Brian Little and MON? Kisnorbo, McCarthy, McAuley...with Stearman and ??? as wing-backs?

I've been wanting that for a few months now, I hope so.

I've been wanting that for a few months now, I hope so.

------------------------ Henderson -----------------------------

------------- McAuley - McCarthy - Kisnorbo -----------------

Stearman - Williams? - Wesolowski - Hughes? - Clapham :cool:

---------------------- Fryatt - Hume ---------------------------

Good old MON wingbacks :thumbup:

Could this herald a return to the successful era of 3 centre-backs, a la Brian Little and MON? Kisnorbo, McCarthy, McAuley...with Stearman and ??? as wing-backs?

year good shout and Lincoln play with 3 CB's so its would be no problem for McAuley, but I would be surprised if it did happen

According to the Mercury we have renewed our interest in him and they hint terms could be agreed over the weekend. This would mean we would have 5 CB's in our first team with McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Gerrbrand and Johansson.

Make that 6, as everyone seems to forget Stearman is supposed to be a CB!!!

sorry but what i saw on telly from the lincoln play off games i was not atall impressed with Mcauley! yeh he good in the air and can score a few goals but he looked a bit slow and lazy

I think it's a bit harsh to judge him on two games that have come at the end of a long season. I've only seen clips of his goals so I can't judge him properly either. My biggest worry would be can he make the jump up to the Championship and still perform as he has done for Lincoln in League two?

Championship winning side. :D:D;):thumbup:

I don't see why Kelly would suddenly play 3-5-2 when he was so desperate to stick with 4-4-2 that he played Maybury on the right wing.

Wishful thinking, people.

Possibly, but now he has been given the job full-time and has a full pre-season to work on ways of improving this club perhaps he'll look at the formation we play and what would suit us best?

Archived