Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whothefoxthat

Kenny Lunt

Aww, come on, don't be like that!!

I only came on here to have a chat about our signing of a midfielder you were supposedly interested in, and your reaction to it.

Sadly a few fans have come on and taken it over the top, but still!

Christ all mighty I know 90% of the inhabitants of Sheffield were left with nothing but Time and a Job seekers allowance application form when they closed the Steel factories, but really? have you got nothing better to do.

Christ all mighty I know 90% of the inhabitants of Sheffield were left with nothing but Time and a Job seekers allowance application form when they closed the Steel factories, but really? have you got nothing better to do.

Today, i have nothing better to do.

My question is, if you DO, what are you doing on here?

:huh:

Well let me see I'm.... I'm seeing whats happening at the club i suppourt. Thats actually not a waste of time.

You're attempting to wind is up over a 10 stone midfiled light who has for whatever reason not signed for Leicester, (even though it was never confirmed we were after him in the first place) and has instead signed for Sheffield Wednesday (a club I bealive named after the day you all collect your doll check ) whilst Droning too the Artic Monkeys and attempting to snort a pint of John Smiths. A complete waste of time.

Might as well delete this thread hey??

I cant believe some of this shite being said. There are a number of reasons why Kenny Lunt signed for Sheffield Wednesday:-

a) GUARANTEED a starting place

b) Would have have to fight for his place at Leicester against 2 far, far superior midfielders (Williams, Weslowski)

c) Clearly he has no fight in him or wouldnt have joines the owls

d) Has a big attitude problem

e) Even Dario Gradi last season went public about his poor performances and called for him to up his performance

f)He clearly feels thet he is used to relegation battles and would come in handy to the Wednesday

g) Clearly he is used to playing at Gresty Road and wants to continue playing at another poor ground

h) Has shown a clear lack of ambition as not only Leicester, but Palace, Saints and Wolves were after him. It is quite clear to me that he has gone for the easiest option and not gone for the bigger clubs (all of the aforementioned clubs)

i) Obviously like being a big fish in a miniscule pond

When i first heard about Leicester being interested in Lunt i was quite pleased, but thinking about it now and using the reasons mentioned above i am very pleased that he has signed for the Owls.

Good luck with the relegation battle next season Owls :thumbup:

I apologize for the fellow Owls that seem to have descended on this board and turned it into a farce :D

I am pleased that we signed Lunt, but god knows why half of these people are banging on about him as much as this, he's not even that good and I doubt he will walk into our first team.

It's a bit embarassing that they're going on another board gloating about it :blush:

He'll do well for you

Although some people might not like to be realistic, signing for sheff wed is more a big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in a big pond.

He will be one of your better players who will probably (i can only predict) perform well and personally i would have been more than happy had he come to Leicester. But had he moved to somewhere like Wolves, who, we have to admit will more than likely be stronger contenders for promotion than either of our teams with their finances available, he would have been fighting for a place, not easily become a cult figure and everything he made himself at Crewe.

This thread has made me chuckle.

I know some of the Owls fans on here haven't represented our fan base very well, but still...

I can't understand why you lot are questioning him signing for us.

Whether you base a 'big club' on history, fan base, stadium, prospects - we beat you on all counts.

We're building a side that should be contending at the right side of the Championship this season, and that will be cemeted if and when we sign Scott Carson.

I'd be very surprised if we finished below you next season. You were shit last season (yes, WE were too) and you had a brief recovery spell under your new boss, but that happens everywhere you go. I'm not so sure about him in the long run.

Of course, I may change my opinion as the pre-season continues, but as far as I know you haven't signed anyone yet.

'Kinel, thought id logged into a Sheff Weds forum then!

Im glad you are pleased you've signed Kenny Lunt - well done but is it really necessary to come on here gloating like you've signed Ronaldhino?

Aww, come on, don't be like that!!

I only came on here to have a chat about our signing of a midfielder you were supposedly interested in, and your reaction to it.

Sadly a few fans have come on and taken it over the top, but still!

My reaction is the only reason he would have signed for you is if he was offered more money. If we didn't offer him more than you, obviously we didn't rate him as much more than a squad player.

End of.

My reaction is the only reason he would have signed for you is if he was offered more money. If we didn't offer him more than you, obviously we didn't rate him as much more than a squad player.

End of.

If we managed to offer more than you then there must be something seriously wrong with your football club :ermm:

FFS, well done to you sheffield wednesday for signing a couple of players that got relegated with mighty crewe. Ur shite really, we had a bad season just gone, finishing in the bottom half but you can hardly gloat over your season even if avoiding relegation was a great success for you.

a brief recovery spell under your new boss

Hardly brief... Tuttle at Millwall was brief!!!! What happened here was a frigging miracle.

If you think you are building a team capable of competing at the top end of the table you are on a different planet. The same as any of our fans would have been if they'd thought the same had we signed Lenny Punt or whatever his name is.

FFS, well done to you sheffield wednesday for signing a couple of players that got relegated with mighty crewe. Ur shite really, we had a bad season just gone, finishing in the bottom half but you can hardly gloat over your season even if avoiding relegation was a great success for you.

:D

A good example of why this thread is hilarious. Show me anyone gloating about our last season and I'll show Mark De Vries in a Barcelona shirt.

If we managed to offer more than you then there must be something seriously wrong with your football club :ermm:

Did you read what I said? Or hasn't Sheffield progressed ahead of the purple monster books yet??

i remember him scoring 2 past u and makin ur defence look shite.

Lets face it it didn't take much to make their defence look shite did it.

The reason they are on here is they can't exactly abuse Blades fans any more can they. They are finding it very difficult to come to terms with the fact that Sheff U are by far the more superior club in Sheffield on all fronts.

Archived