Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whothefoxthat

Kenny Lunt

when is the funny bit coming?

back on topic, i think we are way down the pecking order in terms of clubs chasing him and i see it as highly unlikely at the moment.

we do however offer a greater chance of first team action, and adding that too the potential we have plus the great facilities we do still have a chance.

when is the funny bit coming?

back on topic, i think we are way down the pecking order in terms of clubs chasing him and i see it as highly unlikely at the moment.

we do however offer a greater chance of first team action, and adding that too the potential we have plus the great facilities we do still have a chance.

If you come on this site hoping for quality humour, I think you're mad.

You lust for humour could be better satisfied elsewhere mate.

Glenn Hoddle is like the bloke at work who used to do your job and thinks the way he did it is always the best way problem is Hoddle was a genius on the pitch and a total tosser off it.

Come on Lunt Come here

I Sure We Can Come Up With A Good Song With His Name whats it rhyme with?

It looked like Wolves were going to get him, but this guy seems to think we're the only team to give him a proper offer:

Foxes in the hunt for Lunt?

Championship club Leicester City seem favorites to sign Crewe skipper Kenny Lunt on a free.

It seems that Leicester City boss Rob Kelly is closing the net on influential midfield player Kenny Lunt. Out of contract Lunt has been tracked by a host of Championship clubs including Wolves, Southampton and Leeds United. Although it seems that Leicester seem the only ones to make a firm offer to Lunt. The 26 year-old Runcorn based player has been offered a decent contract and a testimonial at Crewe but the lure of the Championship may end his association with the Gresty Road club. Lunt who has made over 400 appearances with the Alex made his debut back in 1997 in a 2-0 defeat to Swindon Town.

http://www.crewealexandra-mad.co.uk/news/l...=TMNW&id=284020

It looked like Wolves were going to get him, but this guy seems to think we're the only team to give him a proper offer:

I posted this in the Rumours thread. :cry::cry:

Im not sure if this will develop into much to be honest. I thinking that he wants to play in the big time and maybe the lure of the 'bigger' championship clubs will be too much.

Gonna need a lot of luck to bag this player!

Other clubs may have more money than Leicester, but honestly theres only a couple of clubs bigger than Leicester in the division (Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday) sometimes you boys underestimate Leicester. Lunt will be a good positive signing

You can't believe how much it sticks in my craw to hear that people consider Wolves to be a bigger club than Leicester. Or Wednesday for that matter. It's a myth. And the fact that people think this way is a measure of how our club has lost its charisma. On and off the field the club needs personalities. People to give it impact.

You can't believe how much it sticks in my craw to hear that people consider Wolves to be a bigger club than Leicester. Or Wednesday for that matter. It's a myth. And the fact that people think this way is a measure of how our club has lost its charisma. On and off the field the club needs personalities. People to give it impact.

Depends what they measure they use to define a 'big' club.

Wolves have won a few more things than we have, haven't they - so they'd be bigger in that respect. But what are their average attendances these days - are we bigger in those terms?

Anyway, Wolves is being managed by that prize crackpot Hoddle - who'd choose them over us with him in charge over there? lol:thumbup:

It depends if he wants to play or not, For the last 2 years at Crewe Alex he was slated by Dario for not showing enough blood for them, But he's wanted to leave crewe for a number of years.

all in all, he is a good passer and very creative, i heard somebody say he is a battler well i wouldnt say that, he a bit of a pussy, but maybe this move will tuff him up!

It depends if he wants to play or not, For the last 2 years at Crewe Alex he was slated by Dario for not showing enough blood for them, But he's wanted to leave crewe for a number of years.

all in all, he is a good passer and very creative, i heard somebody say he is a battler well i wouldnt say that, he a bit of a pussy, but maybe this move will tuff him up!

How's life in Burslem? Are Lionel and Lorna Bailey still the big noises in those parts?

It's interesting to read your views on Lunt. At 26 he should be at his peak but in December Dario Gradi went public with his call for Lunt to improve his form.

However, he's been offered a new deal having made around 400 appearances for Crewe so the boss, who did make him skipper, can't think he's that bad.

Gradi says leaving would only be in Lunt's best interests "If he's guaranteed first team football" - another reference to a practise that must be quite common and which is a curse in my view.

If Lunt only wants to come if he's guaranteed a place he should piss off to Wolves because I am sure others like Levi Porter would happily play without such guarantees and, judging by Lunt's record, are likely to do at least as well.

There may be players you might bend a rule or two for but Lunt is a bloke who has just contributed to his team being relegated and who scored a mere four League goals last season and the same the year before.

Indeed his and Crewe's recent record hardly suggest that Lunt is the kind of player who has earned the right to dictate terms - or to keep others out if he's not doing the business.

And at 10 stones I can well imagine you are right that he's on the pussy side of combative.

As a squad player he might be okay because we do need creativity, but as the blue touch paper which lights a promotion campaign, I have my doubts - about both his attitude and ability - and would expect him to fight for his place like everyone else.

After so long at a club that is local to his Runcorn birthplace, he might well be rejuvenated by a change of scenery - and the seven league goals he scored in 2003/04 would be handy indeed - but we can do without more "Chosen Men" who have their selection guaranteed.

If he wants to join us and play his part, fine. If he wants special treatment (as I suspect others have had at Leicester) we should steer clear because guaranteeing people's selection is a pathway littered with mines and sooner or later you tread on one and it blows up in your face.

As I am sure Levein could testify...

Sounds like another Williams 2 me !! a lot of ability but rarely see it. I personally would like to see Weso & Williams as the two CM's next season, with a more experienced battling CM as cover, someone like Aki Riihilahti

Archived