Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whothefoxthat

Kenny Lunt

Anyone still like Dario Gradi

Foxes to miss out on midfielder

23-05-2006 12:41 Leicester City look set to miss out on midfield target Kenny Lunt. Wolves are also keen on the 26-year-old Crewe star and his current manager, Dario Gradi, has recommended that Lunt moves to Wanderers if they offer him regular first team football.Lunt has been offered a new contract at Gresty Road but is stalling on signing after the club were relegated to League One last season. "If Glenn Hoddle is telling Kenny that he wants him to play in central midfield in his first team next season at Wolves, then I have to turn around to him and advise Kenny that that is the best move for his career," Gradi said.

What a bummer!!! Let's hope Lunt makes up his own mind, but knowing our luck, Wolves it is!!!

Anyone still like Dario Gradi

Foxes to miss out on midfielder

23-05-2006 12:41 Leicester City look set to miss out on midfield target Kenny Lunt. Wolves are also keen on the 26-year-old Crewe star and his current manager, Dario Gradi, has recommended that Lunt moves to Wanderers if they offer him regular first team football.Lunt has been offered a new contract at Gresty Road but is stalling on signing after the club were relegated to League One last season. "If Glenn Hoddle is telling Kenny that he wants him to play in central midfield in his first team next season at Wolves, then I have to turn around to him and advise Kenny that that is the best move for his career," Gradi said.

I read this bit a little differently, I think Dario is trying to stop Lunt going by saying "if" and implying that he may rot in the reserves at Wolves.

Since when does Dario Gradi decide which club a player goes to who's out of contract? If Lunt has any sense and wants to play for a manager that doesn't actually think he's better than the players he has at the club then he should steer clear of Wolves and the obvious destination is us!.

I wouldn't read anything in to that article, it's from club call. The ring sting of football stories.

Since when does Dario Gradi decide which club a player goes to who's out of contract? If Lunt has any sense and wants to play for a manager that doesn't actually think he's better than the players he has at the club then he should steer clear of Wolves and the obvious destination is us!.

I wouldn't read anything in to that article, it's from club call. The ring sting of football stories.

The quote is from the Crewe OS, but I still think it's Dario playing games.

The quote is from the Crewe OS, but I still think it's Dario playing games.

But the article that said we were set to miss out on him is clubcall. They have basically took it upon themselves to say that we are set to miss out because Dario Gradi has said Lunt should go to Wolves if Oddle wants him.

But the article that said we were set to miss out on him is clubcall. They have basically took it upon themselves to say that we are set to miss out because Dario Gradi has said Lunt should go to Wolves if Oddle wants him.

To be fair he is being linked with about 6 clubs and no-one has a clue what he might decide. Palace and Southampton are linked and have more money but anything could happen.

To be fair he is being linked with about 6 clubs and no-one has a clue what he might decide. Palace and Southampton are linked and have more money but anything could happen.

I've just read that! Didn't realise they were in the running, might aswell look elsewhere now then.

I've only seen Lunt on a couple of occasions & on what I seen I wouldn't bother. He seemed average, but like I say that was on 2 occasions.

I remember West Ham were apparently interested in signing him when they were in the Championship.

Wesolowski is the perfect replacement if he can stay clear of injury, but I honestly think David Livermore of Millwall would be a top signing for this club.

I've only seen Lunt on a couple of occasions & on what I seen I wouldn't bother. He seemed average, but like I say that was on 2 occasions.

I remember West Ham were apparently interested in signing him when they were in the Championship.

Wesolowski is the perfect replacement if he can stay clear of injury, but I honestly think David Livermore of Millwall would be a top signing for this club.

He is a good player, but very commited to Millwall. He's had several chances to leave them for bigger clubs and hasn't done, but I suppose now they have been relegated he might be tempted.

I've just read that! Didn't realise they were in the running, might aswell look elsewhere now then.

I dunno, we're trying to build something here, put in a good run at the end of the season, have good facilties and ground etc, Southampton can't have to much money left they signed Rasiack for 2 mil, and palace are in a utter mess at the moment. I know we haven't got much money but a quality Midfielder needs to be bought in or we're going no where. :unsure:

I dunno, we're trying to build something here, put in a good run at the end of the season, have good facilties and ground etc, Southampton can't have to much money left they signed Rasiack for 2 mil, and palace are in a utter mess at the moment. I know we haven't got much money but a quality Midfielder needs to be bought in or we're going no where. :unsure:

I've actually read some rather disturbing things about Lunt from Crewe fans. Quite alot of their fans want him out because he's a lazy bastard and not even that good!! From what i've seen of him he's always looked class, but so did Williams when I saw him. I'm confused now.

I've actually read some rather disturbing things about Lunt from Crewe fans. Quite alot of their fans want him out because he's a lazy bastard and not even that good!! From what i've seen of him he's always looked class, but so did Williams when I saw him. I'm confused now.

I think he would be a good signing. Wheather or not you need to bring a more holding player in as well to give you that option is a differnt question. Going to be a intresting summer.

Walcott signed for Arsenal on January 20, 2006 for an initial fee of £5m, rising to a possible £12m[3] based on appearances for club and country

They will have a little more left i should think?

They will have a little more left i should think?

Dunno what have there gates been like? hows there wage bill structure etc. remember they still have/did have a few players on premier league wages like Svennson, Lundikvarm, Pahars, Nemi list goes on, and I bet Rasiak's wages didn't come cheap! . remember its only Five million and thats not going to change any time soon unless he gets about 10 caps before the start of next season :D. No doubt they will have enough to sign him, question is will they go out of there way to compete against the likes of us and Wolves for his signature. This is of course if we/they are even intrested :thumbup:

Niemi went fulham or somewhere didnt he? But yeh i know what you mean, i just remember reading on another forum when Southampton sold Walcott that all the money would be put into the transfer budget, i heard they had about 9 million for january + and this summer together but maybe i'm talking out my arse now.

Niemi went fulham or somewhere didnt he? But yeh i know what you mean, i just remember reading on another forum when Southampton sold Walcott that all the money would be put into the transfer budget, i heard they had about 9 million for january + and this summer together but maybe i'm talking out my arse now.

well thinking about they got quite abit for Niemi as well ( he did go to Fulham I was just nameing all the prem players they started the season with ) So they probabley are quite well off.

Archived