Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Lily Allen

Influences: Blondie , The Specials , Zinc , SL2 , Futurecut Productions, Baby D , Dizzee Rascal, Newham Generals, sCISSOR sISTESRS , Chas n Dave , Jamie T , Ragga Twins , Beenie Man , Pay as you go Cartel ,Lee Dorsey , Happy Mondays , Black Grape, T REX (possibly the best band ever , ever ! ) ,Kris Kross, Ben Parmar , Kate Bush( when she was my age) , Wreckless Eric , Small Faces, K.D.Oran Bananarama, Sultans of Ping FC , Rip rig and panic , Nenneh Cherry ,Primal Scream, JIGGA MAN (jayz . s dot carter) , S dot Chew , MARK F**KING RONSON , YOYO Massif , Beats international , The Slits , Minnie Riperton , That one St Etienne song "only love can break your heart ", A Guy called Gerald , Ian Dury (rip) and the Blockheads (still going strong ), 808 state , Squeeze , Mobb Deep , Barington levy , Arcade Fire , the streets , mike and the mechanics , PRINCE , aaliyah , Rolf Harris brownstone , Bjork , Pharoahe Monch, Shaggy , Bob Geldof is a c**t , eminem

She sounds well worth checking out... :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

:thumbup: Jo Whiley played it earlier, Its a good song, Love the lyrics! lol

And apparently the album (out today) is in the same vein..

Could be a contender for album of the year!

And apparently the album (out today) is in the same vein..

Could be a contender for album of the year!

Defently contender for album of the year, I listened to most of the stuff on her album weeks ago and i'm loving it, Albums great, Used hate this genre of music, used hate The Streets, e.t.c, but when I actually gave The Streets a chance I love there stuff and now have the 3 albums.

Why was it banned? Too much flesh? :o

I think it was because the Vid is quite 'harsh'

I downloaded a few of her tunes the other day, the ones ive heard are really good. It's amusing to hear a good singing voice sing some of the harshness that her lyrics are about :thumbup:

Absolute tosh.

Stop Moaning

The video has been banned but it is on the single if anyone of you lot want to see it!

They still show it on B4/The Chart Show - I think thats what the music channels are called...

Why was it banned? Too much flesh? :o

It shows her spiking her "boyfriends/ex" drink with laxatives. :o Shock horror. I think thats the reason I read.

Stop Moaning

They still show it on B4/The Chart Show - I think thats what the music channels are called...

It shows her spiking her "boyfriends/ex" drink with laxatives. :o Shock horror. I think thats the reason I read.

i saw it on THE HITS again today. i think its great. the laxative thing would be awful, and if someone were to spike the milk in the canteen at college that too would be awful.......

Did Matt just ask ME to stop moaning?

How was it moaning anyway? I gave my opinion on it saying it was rubbish.

Moaning would have been saying for example, oh it's rubbish. Why do I have to listen to it? It's such a drag. Why isn't this government doing more to prevent this kind of thing? It's an infringement of my human liberties that this should happen. This kind of thing would never happen in Australia. I mainly blame my college yadda yadda yadda.

Moaning would have been saying for example, oh it's rubbish. Why do I have to listen to it? It's such a drag. Why isn't this government doing more to prevent this kind of thing? It's an infringement of my human liberties that this should happen. This kind of thing would never happen in Australia. I mainly blame my college yadda yadda yadda.

That bit made me laugh lol

I heard Smile the other day after all the hype I'd heard, I thought it was kack to be honest. She sounded like a mix between Mike Skinner and Corinne Bailey Rae, which isn't a good combo.

Mike Skinner yes, Corinne Bailey Rae NO! Rubbish.

Yeah I did, And alot of my "moans" are opinions too however some people like to judge it as a "moan". So surly on that basis your comments earlier in this thread was a moan.

Archived